Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2021, 05:58 AM

4,320 posts, read 5,146,156 times

Advertisements

Youtube is full of channels discussing male rage against women if/not society in general. Click on one out of curiosity and you'll be fed more and more until you delete your account.

And they all are similar, Incels and MGTOW being just two. They all blame feminism, prefer old-fashioned paternalist society, and espouse right-wing politics.

Impressionable young men should not expose themselves to this entitled junk.

Old 07-23-2021, 06:13 AM

7,600 posts, read 4,175,225 times
I have never met a self-proclaimed incel in real life or online. If incels are saying negative things about women, they will attract those who are ready to spew equally negative comments. As a result, their view of the world will become increasingly hostile. For the rest of us, the negative talk is just very unattractive even if it is used as a coping mechanism.

Old 07-23-2021, 07:21 AM

6,474 posts, read 4,006,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FuriousMaximum View Post
Am I the strange one for having sympathy for some of them?

Intimate sex is awesome and, for a soul to be housed in a body that everybody says is repulsive (IF it's something they can't fix), and basically be permanently denied the feeling of being attractive, it's bad.

So their options are to:

1) Reconcile with only having hired sex instead of sex from being attractive, and beautiful women (or men) are still a work of art to see for those unfortunates who were born somewhat disfigured or suffered sad injuries. I've seen Soldiers who had wives leave them because of damage, and the Soldier even says, "I look like the Cryptkeeper, I don't blame her for leaving but, does that mean I should be barred the rest of my life from ever right tapping some <booty>."

2) Just be sad the rest of your life.

3) Definitely the worst option; start to hate women because they deny an incel man the one thing they so desperately want ...a woman...

Now, it's true, quite a lot of them are messed up in the head, and wanna hurt women and be sadistic. Nothin' for them except breaking big rocks into little rocks...

...but I actually shed a tear for people that feel like they are incels because they might be "ugly" and people treat them like garbage, and after a while... I actually want to treat a woman like she is beautiful, because I know I desperately crave to be treated like I am handsome. Those <sexually explicit details> really do make the world seem less crappy, and lack of that sensation makes the world seem so much more crappy.

If their reason for feeling despair and, anguish is just because they want to be liked... I can't so easily discard that.

Now if they expect a woman to be their maid, nanny, cook, accountant, whatever because that's a "woman's place" or they wanna beat women or cut them up, no, No Sympathy... and No Mercy.
And how do you suppose these poor, put-upon sweeties treat women they don't deem "attractive" enough? Do you suppose there's any sympathy there?

Can you imagine if all the women who men decided weren't "good enough" because they weren't "hot" acted like these overgrown children did???

Women don't owe men sex just because men want it and will be "sad" if they don't get it. No one "owes" anyone anything. If someone wants friends, sex, a job, whatever, they need to be the type of person that others want to be friends with, have sex with, employ, etc. There are no "participation awards" in the real world. A person has to bring something to the table. If they don't, it's nobody's fault but theirs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad01 View Post
All Incels do not likely start as misogynists
Many misogynists are not incels

i agree the physical harm and other hatred they spew should be curbed but if the underlying cause of this is being celibate then should we not fix that issue ?
And how do you propose we do that? Which women do you think are supposed to "take one for the team" and have sex with a man they don't want to have sex with in order to be "nice" to the poor sexless boy? This is unbelievable.

Old 07-23-2021, 07:37 AM

608 posts, read 240,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by K12144 View Post
And how do you suppose these poor, put-upon sweeties treat women they don't deem "attractive" enough? Do you suppose there's any sympathy there?

Can you imagine if all the women who men decided weren't "good enough" because they weren't "hot" acted like these overgrown children did???

Women don't owe men sex just because men want it and will be "sad" if they don't get it. No one "owes" anyone anything. If someone wants friends, sex, a job, whatever, they need to be the type of person that others want to be friends with, have sex with, employ, etc. There are no "participation awards" in the real world. A person has to bring something to the table. If they don't, it's nobody's fault but theirs.

And how do you propose we do that? Which women do you think are supposed to "take one for the team" and have sex with a man they don't want to have sex with in order to be "nice" to the poor sexless boy? This is unbelievable.
Did I say anybody owes anybody anything? I'm pretty sure I didn't. I read through my post again to make sure I didn't use the word "owe", or limit tmy idea of sympathy for incels only to men.

I didn't.

That means you took 2 plus 2 and somehow got 5 out of it, but since you want to bring up the word "owe" which I didn't use, and how nobody owes anybody anything, then if you don't like that I rightly insulted your reading ability, I don't owe you an apology.

Old 07-23-2021, 08:02 AM

2,867 posts, read 1,545,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FuriousMaximum View Post
Am I the strange one for having sympathy for some of them?

Intimate sex is awesome and, for a soul to be housed in a body that everybody says is repulsive (IF it's something they can't fix), and basically be permanently denied the feeling of being attractive, it's bad.

If their reason for feeling despair and, anguish is just because they want to be liked... I can't so easily discard that.

Now if they expect a woman to be their maid, nanny, cook, accountant, whatever because that's a "woman's place" or they wanna beat women or cut them up, no, No Sympathy... and No Mercy.

Go with the "no sympathy and no mercy." None of the incel mass murderers were in bodies "everybody says is repulsive." I hate to give these individuals any further fame, but if you look at Elliot Rodger, Alek Minassian, Chris Harper-Mercer, Brian Clyde, Armando Hernandez, and Scott Beierle, they were/are normal-looking young men. Rodger was even considered handsome. It is the minds of these men that are repulsive, not their looks.

The incel movement is absolutely heinous and must be addressed. There are some 40,000 members of the movement, and they have caught the eye not just of academia, but of law enforcement and government agencies, including the FBI, the Department of Justice, and the Department of Homeland Security.

This was released just yesterday: Police Foiled An Ohio Incel's Plot To Kill Women In A Mass Shooting, Prosecuters Say

Truly, I think a lot of people in the USA and Canada need to be educated on this, instead of having knee-jerk reactions and going on about "radical feminism" whenever they hear terms like "toxic masculinity" and "patriarchy." This movement would not have sprung up if misogyny wasn't so deeply woven into North American concepts of masculinity in the first place, including the notions often displayed on this forum that suggest an attitude of male entitlement toward sex, relationships, and interactions with women in general.

Start here: Mysogynist Incels and Male Supremacism

Incels Are Radicalized and Dangerous. But Are They Terrorists?

Old 07-23-2021, 08:18 AM

Location: On the "Left Coast", somewhere in "the Land of Fruits & Nuts"
8,852 posts, read 10,471,994 times
For every single stray and angry 'Incel', there often seems to be be a 'yuge' number of even 'angrier' Gender Feminists, continually raging against the 'Patriarchy' and 'Men'.

Though it also seems abundantly apparent just from many of the 'female' replies here, frequently so full of 'righteous' anger over their own ''victimhood'... that it's often hard to detect even the least sense of compassion or 'empathy', let alone decide which side feels more 'entitled' to their Victimhood?

Old 07-23-2021, 08:19 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 19 days ago)

35,670 posts, read 18,040,478 times
Quote:
bingo
i think that is a big issue
many of them are out of touch with reality and would settle for nothing less than perfect woman [ but a lot of time that is a product of being rejected by even average ones so they kind of compensate for it i think]
THAT is exactly what accompanies an "incel" in my observation.

They outright state they have no desire to date or have sex with a woman who isn't a 9 or a 10. With an air of "deserving" a very beautiful sexy woman.

You can go to the mall and see any number of very physically unattractive people, with loving partners. If they wanted a partner, they could find one.

Just not the most physically desirable woman in the room.

Old 07-23-2021, 08:20 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 19 days ago)

35,670 posts, read 18,040,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mateo45 View Post
For every single stray and angry 'Incel', there often seems to be be a 'yuge' number of even 'angrier' Gender Feminists, always raging against the 'Patriarchy' and 'Men'. And it's abundantly apparent just in many of the 'female' replies here, often so full of 'righteous' anger over their own ''victimhood'... that it's also hard to detect even the least sense of 'empathy', let alone decide which side feels more 'entitled'?
To be truthful, there aren't many of either category, when you look at the whole of society.

As many angry man hating feminists as you might see in the media, they make up a small minority of women.

Like incels make up a small minority of men.

Old 07-23-2021, 08:30 AM

2,867 posts, read 1,545,072 times
Quote:
There are a lot of maladjusted , socially awkward, angry frustrated females as well. I'm merely suggesting there is always someone for everyone

Case in point about entitlement right here. No, there is not always someone for everyone. People are not entitled to sex, dates, or relationships just for existing. It is a human need to want love and desire sex, not a human right to have them. There is a difference, and I suggest that you educate yourself with the links in my last post because you either do not understand what you are talking about in terms of who incels are and the ideologies they embrace or you are here in a deliberate attempt to make excuses for them and directly or indirectly argue their case, neither of which bodes well from any man whose handle suggests he is a father.

Old 07-23-2021, 08:33 AM

1,332 posts, read 866,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seija View Post
Case in point about entitlement right here. No, there is not always someone for everyone. People are not entitled to sex, dates, or relationships just for existing. It is a human need to want love and desire sex, not a human right to have them. There is a difference, and I suggest that you educate yourself with the links in my last post because you either do not understand what you are talking about in terms of who incels are and the ideologies they embrace or you are here in a deliberate attempt to make excuses for them and directly or indirectly argue their case, neither of which bodes well from any man whose handle suggests he is a father.
please refrain from personal attacks and putting words in my mouth
we can agree to disagree on issues being discussed
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology