Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2008, 08:13 AM

809 posts, read 2,884,476 times

Advertisements

I don't know if this is the "right" place to post this, but I figured I'd ask people out there who have kids and really know relationships pretty well........

What makes some RANDOM person that you DON'T know just suddenly start bothering me. Here's what's happening. I have a myspace page (yes I know, myspaceeee) :P And I occasionally write a blog or two here and there. Mind you DAYS go by where I won't write one, and then I'll write another, and then a few more days go by then I'll write another one.....

Well this girl I don't know started posting REALLY mean comments on my blogs (saying that I have a multiple personality because I write about one thing one day, and another thing the next).... and she's keeps SAYING that I should go get help and that my posts are just REALLY amusing for her and her friends to read.......

HERE is the sad part, I've BLOCKED her so she shouldn't be able to comment on my stuff. Somehow that block came off and she posted AGAIN yesterday. Even MORE sad is I'm 25, I don't even want to DEAL with someone who uses myspace as a form of entertainment (or rather, HER being CRUEL to random people is her form of entertainment).... SHE is 26!!!!!!!!! And has a CHILD!!!!!!!

Why would someone who is RAISING a child be so MEAN! I don't even KNOW her. The ONLY reason she even has heard of me is she's like a friend of a friend of a friend. I've never even MET her!!!!!!! It's so RANDOM too! She just out of NOWHERE one day started posting these really mean, malicious posts!

At first I asked her what her problem was and why she felt the need to bother me and she said "Because your posts are just SO amusing and I needed entertainment at work! hahahah!" ....... So i blocked her because I couldn't believe someone who is OLDER then me, who is RAISING A CHILD woould act like SUCH a child herself!!!!

Why oh why do people just randomly do that????? What the heck is her problem???????? I didn't do ANYTHING to provoke it whatsoever.... I don't even know this girl! and she certainly doesn't know me, which makes me mad that she writes those presumed judgements/opinions of me as comments on my blog..........

(I've blocked her again and hope it stays blocked, I just want to figure out what is going on in someones head when they do that stuff???? Why are some people like that SO mean for NO reason?????):crying :
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2008, 08:52 AM

542 posts, read 1,684,768 times
Who knows really, people are mean for a multitude of reasons. Some lack empathy, some probably think they are funny and harmless...keep blocking her or change your setting so that only your friends can read the blog.

Old 10-02-2008, 09:17 AM

3,414 posts, read 7,143,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SubaruFiend View Post
I don't know if this is the "right" place to post this, but I figured I'd ask people out there who have kids and really know relationships pretty well........

What makes some RANDOM person that you DON'T know just suddenly start bothering me. Here's what's happening. I have a myspace page (yes I know, myspaceeee) :P And I occasionally write a blog or two here and there. Mind you DAYS go by where I won't write one, and then I'll write another, and then a few more days go by then I'll write another one.....

Well this girl I don't know started posting REALLY mean comments on my blogs (saying that I have a multiple personality because I write about one thing one day, and another thing the next).... and she's keeps SAYING that I should go get help and that my posts are just REALLY amusing for her and her friends to read.......

HERE is the sad part, I've BLOCKED her so she shouldn't be able to comment on my stuff. Somehow that block came off and she posted AGAIN yesterday. Even MORE sad is I'm 25, I don't even want to DEAL with someone who uses myspace as a form of entertainment (or rather, HER being CRUEL to random people is her form of entertainment).... SHE is 26!!!!!!!!! And has a CHILD!!!!!!!

Why would someone who is RAISING a child be so MEAN! I don't even KNOW her. The ONLY reason she even has heard of me is she's like a friend of a friend of a friend. I've never even MET her!!!!!!! It's so RANDOM too! She just out of NOWHERE one day started posting these really mean, malicious posts!

At first I asked her what her problem was and why she felt the need to bother me and she said "Because your posts are just SO amusing and I needed entertainment at work! hahahah!" ....... So i blocked her because I couldn't believe someone who is OLDER then me, who is RAISING A CHILD woould act like SUCH a child herself!!!!

Why oh why do people just randomly do that????? What the heck is her problem???????? I didn't do ANYTHING to provoke it whatsoever.... I don't even know this girl! and she certainly doesn't know me, which makes me mad that she writes those presumed judgements/opinions of me as comments on my blog..........

(I've blocked her again and hope it stays blocked, I just want to figure out what is going on in someones head when they do that stuff???? Why are some people like that SO mean for NO reason?????):crying :
Why do you care? Why do you read it? Why do you pay any attention to her? Maybe if you're more specific...how about a sample of your blog and a sample of her remarks.
Then we can see what has you so upset.

Last edited by laysayfair; 10-02-2008 at 09:19 AM.. Reason: typo

Old 10-02-2008, 09:59 AM

My one blog I wrote I stated (to my FRIENDS, who all know my condition) that I'm so tired of my knees and ankles always hurting, and that orthotics have helped a little and that physical therapy has helped a little, but that they still hurt.........

Out of NOWHERE this girl (who I didn't even realize was somehow unblocked) posts that "Maybe if you weren't on your knees all the time they wouldn't hurt" and goes on to say that her sister "helps messed up kids" and that I need professional help because I have multiple personalities!

It came out of NOWHERE and is just upsetting that she posts that kind of filth on my page when I wrote about something concerning my health and the fact that I'm tired of pain from my misalignment (I have bad ankles, knees and hips because of high arches, my knees aren't supported enough so they ache all the time)........

I would LOVE to ignore her, and LOVE not to care..... but it hurts my feelings for some RANDOM person who doesn't know me to say such mean things for no reason.....

Old 10-02-2008, 10:23 AM

1,458 posts, read 4,132,564 times
The internet isn't REAL, it is easy to be mean, racist, sexual to some "imaginary" person out there.
(I am not saying that your feelings aren't real)

I don't use MySpace, so I don't know, but isn't there a privacy option that only included people (or "friends") can post comments??

Old 10-02-2008, 11:01 AM

955 posts, read 3,648,429 times
She may get off on pushing your buttons and creating drama - like a troll - ignore her and more likely then not, she will get bored.

If she knows you dislike it, she will probably continue... some people just have nothing better to do and the annanymity of the internet gives them some "power" that they probably do not have in the real world.

Old 10-02-2008, 11:03 AM

8,862 posts, read 17,485,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SubaruFiend View Post
My one blog I wrote I stated (to my FRIENDS, who all know my condition) that I'm so tired of my knees and ankles always hurting, and that orthotics have helped a little and that physical therapy has helped a little, but that they still hurt.........

Out of NOWHERE this girl (who I didn't even realize was somehow unblocked) posts that "Maybe if you weren't on your knees all the time they wouldn't hurt" and goes on to say that her sister "helps messed up kids" and that I need professional help because I have multiple personalities!

It came out of NOWHERE and is just upsetting that she posts that kind of filth on my page when I wrote about something concerning my health and the fact that I'm tired of pain from my misalignment (I have bad ankles, knees and hips because of high arches, my knees aren't supported enough so they ache all the time)........

I would LOVE to ignore her, and LOVE not to care..... but it hurts my feelings for some RANDOM person who doesn't know me to say such mean things for no reason.....
You either have to find a way to adjust the blog settings to 'Private' or find a blog site that offers such options.

The person posting these rude comments may have some serious issues of his/her own. He/she could possibly be a bored teenager.

Stay safe online.

Old 10-02-2008, 11:21 AM

697 posts, read 2,015,277 times
Each time you react to her, you fuel her fire. Don't react, and she will give up and go away.

Last edited by jeannie216; 10-15-2008 at 02:52 PM..

Old 10-02-2008, 11:27 AM

4,253 posts, read 9,452,635 times
SubaruFriend - did you hear of a conviction of a 46 year old woman in a death of a 13 year old girl? The woman was posing as a 16 year old boy on Myspace and after "falling in love" with the girl, she switched to cruel messages (you are fat, ugly etc). The girl hung herself.

Jerks (trolls) can be of any ages. Naive people can be of any ages.

Did you also know that personal things out there can haunt you if you are applying for a job, entering in any kinds of business deal, not speaking about running for an office? Be careful what you put out there. Once it's in cyberspace, it's there FOREVER. If needed, intelligence can be found even if people removed their profiles.

Last edited by nuala; 10-02-2008 at 11:44 AM..

Old 10-02-2008, 01:03 PM

ya, I'm not partaking in her nonsense........ I told her to go away and then blocked her (and reblocked her now, since somehow it came "unblocked")...

I'm definitely careful with what I put on the internet. I know that a lot of companies that I apply at could perform searches on those websites and I KNOW they can see all that stuff. But like I said, I was posting about MUNDANE stuff (Like my acheing knees and feet)........

Hopefully she won't bother me anymore since I reblocked her, I just hope it doesn't come unblocked again.

Seriously. And the SADDEST part is this chick has a CHILD. I wonder what she's teaching that poor kid!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology