Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte
 [Register]
Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte Charlotte County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-22-2013, 01:24 PM

3,179 posts, read 6,002,426 times

Advertisements

So I did a CD thread search for LASIK and only came up with one from 2010 about Center for Sight in Sarasota. I've inquired with them, but also wanted to see if anyone on here has any experience with LASIK from local surgeons (between Ft Myers and Sarasota). Looking to get my wife done this year with our tax-free health FSA dollars, and mine done next year.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2013, 04:54 PM

3,979 posts, read 10,550,239 times
I don't know of anyone that had it done down here, only in NY. But my previous Broker's husband works at Center for Sight as a doctor. I have heard good things about them. I think he works at the Venice location. Here is the web site: Eye Doctor - Dermatology - Cosmetic Surgery in Sarasota & Bradenton, FL | Center For Sight It seems to be a very reputable place.

Old 01-22-2013, 05:17 PM

Yeah they want over $5,000!!!! That's twice what it costs in MI!! Of we don't find decent pricing here, we will go up north to have it done.

Old 01-23-2013, 03:07 PM

3,979 posts, read 10,550,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harbor Hopper View Post
Yeah they want over $5,000!!!! That's twice what it costs in MI!! Of we don't find decent pricing here, we will go up north to have it done.
Did you try Community Eye Center on Olean in Port Charlotte? I am not sure if they do Lasik. My mom had her cataract surgery there and was satisfied. Here is their web site: Community Eye Center - North Port, Port Charlotte, Punta Gorda, Florida

Old 01-28-2013, 10:27 AM

6,103 posts, read 15,088,066 times
Quote:
My cost in MD was about $3,000.00 all said and done.

Old 01-28-2013, 03:00 PM

Seems every place now does the more expensive ILASIK. The only difference between that and the LASIK thats been around for many years is that a secondary laser burns the flap rather than a tiny scalpul making the cut. We found Eye Center of FL in Ft Myers that does the basic LASIK still. My wife had the evaluation today and has the procedure scheduled for next week. $2500 total.

Old 01-29-2013, 08:55 AM

6,103 posts, read 15,088,066 times
Quote:
Seems every place now does the more expensive ILASIK. The only difference between that and the LASIK thats been around for many years is that a secondary laser burns the flap rather than a tiny scalpul making the cut. We found Eye Center of FL in Ft Myers that does the basic LASIK still. My wife had the evaluation today and has the procedure scheduled for next week. $2500 total.
Awesome, It burns for a day, then your OK.

Old 01-29-2013, 03:12 PM

241 posts, read 480,021 times
I had Lasik 9 years ago. Best thing I ever did for myself! My eyes were so bad I needed glasses to find my glasses in the morning on my nightstand. I had been wearing glasses since I was 11. All I ever wanted was to be able to be in the ocean and when I came out be able to see where my blanket was without having some huge colorful thing to landmark it for me, or to wake up in the middle of the night and actually be able to see the clock to see what time it was.
I had it done in PA. This office had your actual surgery going to TV Screens in their waiting room. My significant other was able to watch and said it was the coolest thing he ever saw. All in all took about 20 minutes total. I went home, and I couldn't sleep but I just kept my eyes closed for about 5 hours. Voila, I could see. It was even better after a nights sleep.
Side benefit for me was my reading vision improved. I had already started wearing bifocals, and once I had the Lasik,I didn't need reading glasses for another 5 years. They will tell you that it does not have any effect on reading vision, so was just lucky I guess, but I'll take it! Downfall was my night vision got a little worse, or if my eyes got very dry things could be a little blurry.
Would I do it again? YES only only wish I could have done it even earlier than I did. Love it! (Not spending $600 on a pair of glasses every 2 years doesn't hurt either).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte