Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte
 [Register]
Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte Charlotte County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-28-2013, 10:47 AM

77 posts, read 137,497 times

Advertisements

Just trying to get a comparison of the cost of daycare and of preschool programs in the area. My 3 littles are all under four years old and would like to compare the costs here compared to the Punta Gorda area. It is generally about $30 a day per child for a home daycare situation and $25 child for the YMCA daycare program that is more or less like a preschool and offers swim classes too. Can anyone chime in with the cost of their daycare and what type of program it is. Just trying to feel out the situation a bit more. Any other tidbits you could offer would be welcomed too. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2013, 10:58 AM

Sorry.....I think I phrased that weird. I live in the NE and want to compare what I pay here to what you pay there. ok...that sounds better. thanks!

Old 03-28-2013, 11:06 AM

3,979 posts, read 10,552,117 times
Here is a link to the Florida Child Care - you can contact the agencies to see what they charge in the area.
Child Care Provider Search - SansWrite Public Web Portal

Old 03-28-2013, 12:19 PM

3,179 posts, read 6,004,461 times
We pay $112/week for 4 days (3yr old). It's $140 for a full week, but I have Fridays off so I keep my son with me on Fridays while mom's working. $28/day basically. There are cheaper out there, but BEWARE. I checked into some to save $$$, and was not impressed at all. We LOVE the center where he's at. They have cameras in every room, so I can see him anytime I want from a computer.

Old 03-29-2013, 04:37 AM

Great link, TamRE! Thank you. And Harbor Hopper, I think our area prices are probably pretty similar. No cutting corners with childcare. I do like the camera idea. Nice feature. Thanks for your feedback.

Old 07-18-2013, 11:30 AM

8 posts, read 12,937 times
Default Looking for a daycare

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harbor Hopper View Post
We pay $112/week for 4 days (3yr old). It's $140 for a full week, but I have Fridays off so I keep my son with me on Fridays while mom's working. $28/day basically. There are cheaper out there, but BEWARE. I checked into some to save $$$, and was not impressed at all. We LOVE the center where he's at. They have cameras in every room, so I can see him anytime I want from a computer.

Do you mind me asking who you use? We moved from PA and we need a day care for my son...he is 20 months and I am so nervous about making this decision without some other moms input. Thanks!

Old 07-18-2013, 11:46 AM

Does a dad's input work? Ha. We use Children's Christian Center in PC. We're not all that religious, but they never question us and the curriculum only includes like 20 min per day of religion teachings. They do a pretty good job there. Lately they have had some turnover issues (3 teachers left in the past 4 months) but its nowhere near as bad as the YMCA was. Our son likes it and he has some good friends there. Unfortunately, like any daycare, about 60% of the kids are state subsidized (low income) and many of those kids are not well behaved (poor parenting). Mom really likes it there.

Old 07-18-2013, 11:51 AM

8 posts, read 12,937 times
HA! Ooops...sorry Dad's opinion defintely counts...Thanks for the input! They were one on our list to see.

Old 07-18-2013, 02:01 PM

You'll want to ask for Amy Baker or Louise Reilley. Tell them Jerrid sent you. They'll answer any of your questions. Amy is the owner and Louise the best teacher there. She's fantastic.
If Grace was on your list, i suggest either learning Spanish or skip that one and save the time. We spent two minutes in there and walked out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte