Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte
 [Register]
Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte Charlotte County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2013, 12:46 PM

56 posts, read 112,668 times

Advertisements

Maine Doctor Able to Slash Prices in Half After He Stops Accepting Insurance | TheBlaze.com

I drive to Orlando to see my cash only doctor now, and so far I wouldn't trust my health with anyone else. Here's a doc in Maine getting headlines for doing the same.

Any docs around here who do this?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2013, 08:24 PM

3,650 posts, read 9,503,710 times
I now live in North Port but came from Northern Virginia and many of the doctors are like that
They call it Boutique Medicine

When my mom was alive I had a hard time finding a dr who would take medicare
Even thogh my mom retired with 2 insurances we had to go through medicare first

Old 06-06-2013, 06:11 AM

3,979 posts, read 10,550,239 times
There are quite a few doctors around that no longer accept Medicare. Many physicians have joined groups and are no longer independent. Who knows how things will change even more with Obamacare.

Old 06-08-2013, 03:07 PM

1,580 posts, read 3,142,555 times
the future of medical care here in the sarasota area as well as the rest of the country is heading down the toilet. the affordable health care act is a disaster. cant call it by its other name because then that would be political and we all know we cant get political on here. i was talking to a guy who is pretty well off a week ago and said the only reason he is still in the US is for the health care but he is in the process of reconsidering that. we do without so 25 million illegals can get what we corked for.

Old 06-08-2013, 04:07 PM

697 posts, read 1,169,993 times
Be careful...those lefty liberals who troll our areas might beat you with a stick

Old 06-15-2013, 11:01 AM

6,234 posts, read 8,443,944 times
Doctors that are taking 1/2 price for cash are getting paid the SAME as if insurance paid them and get it quicker. If they have all the business they want they might just as well.

Old 06-15-2013, 11:04 AM

35,094 posts, read 51,243,097 times
You can still use your insurance but you have to turn in the claim forms yourself instead of the Doctor's office personnel doing it for you. Then you get the reimbursement from the Insurance Company instead of the Doctor being paid by the Insurance Company.

A lot of Doctors are going to go this route because it cuts the number of hours their staff has to spend dealing with insurance forms and companies, they get paid immediately and it is easier on their cash flow when paying their employees.

Old 06-15-2013, 01:05 PM

Some insurance claim forms are very complicated and you must for get all the codes from the Dr. which will not be easy to do if he cuts his staff since they make mistakes on codes all the time as it is.

One time I had a rare type of cancer and the insurance had never heard of it and would not treat it - we had to have Drs. write tons of letters and finally got approved. It will get much worse -

Old 06-15-2013, 04:07 PM

1,580 posts, read 3,142,555 times
dont worry everything will be fine. we have been told that and continue to be told that. i believe all that the government tells me. they have our best interest in mind. we will be fine with the affordable care act. i just cant figure why my families insurance that i pay out of pocket has gone up so much. i guess its just part of the "investment" we must make. and with the IRS watching out for us how can we lose? look on the bright side, with all the doctors here that are so tough to get into see in season, if they stop taking medicare as it is rumoured they will, appointments and wait times should be quick.

Old 06-15-2013, 07:40 PM

Yeah - just believe everything the guberment and media tells you - they don't care - all the congressmen will be exempt from Obamacare - and to think the IRS will be running our healthcare - now I feel better
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte