Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte
 [Register]
Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte Charlotte County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2014, 06:27 AM

15 posts, read 21,540 times

Advertisements

My family has a trip coming up soon to Punta Gorda. The last trip there was just my husband and I about a year ago. This time we are taking our kids and even my folks too. I am just curious as to what has changed in the last year around town? New businesses, restaurants, things to do, etc. Anything new......I want to know about it. Thanks! - Going Coastal
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2014, 08:02 AM

1,917 posts, read 2,632,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Going Coastal View Post
My family has a trip coming up soon to Punta Gorda. The last trip there was just my husband and I about a year ago. This time we are taking our kids and even my folks too. I am just curious as to what has changed in the last year around town? New businesses, restaurants, things to do, etc. Anything new......I want to know about it. Thanks! - Going Coastal
When are you coming down?...oh and I had my house painted....that's new

Gary

Last edited by MartyGras; 02-23-2014 at 08:14 AM..

Old 02-23-2014, 08:42 AM

3,979 posts, read 10,553,563 times
New restaurant called Hurricane Charley's Raw Bar and Grill.
You can check out the happenings at:
Fishermen's Village - Waterfront Mall, Vacation Villas and Marina Located in Punta Gorda, FL
The Charlotte Harbor Event Center - Charlotte Harbor Event Center - Event Calendar
Trolley and Boat Tours - Punta Gorda Chamber of Commerce: Trolley and Boat Tours
Punta Gorda Murals - Punta Gorda Historic Mural Society || Welcome
Muscle Car City - Rick Treworgy's Muscle Car City Museum
Daytripping in Punta Gorda - Punta Gorda Chamber of Commerce: Daytripping in Punta Gorda
There is always something going on at one of the parks too, especially Laishley Park or Gilchrist Park.

Old 02-23-2014, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartyGras View Post
When are you coming down?...oh and I had my house painted....that's new

Gary
Gary, a fresh coat of paint is always nice. Good for you! We will be down end of March and staying a couple weeks.

Old 02-23-2014, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TamRE View Post
New restaurant called Hurricane Charley's Raw Bar and Grill.
You can check out the happenings at:
Fishermen's Village - Waterfront Mall, Vacation Villas and Marina Located in Punta Gorda, FL
The Charlotte Harbor Event Center - Charlotte Harbor Event Center - Event Calendar
Trolley and Boat Tours - Punta Gorda Chamber of Commerce: Trolley and Boat Tours
Punta Gorda Murals - Punta Gorda Historic Mural Society || Welcome
Muscle Car City - Rick Treworgy's Muscle Car City Museum
Daytripping in Punta Gorda - Punta Gorda Chamber of Commerce: Daytripping in Punta Gorda
There is always something going on at one of the parks too, especially Laishley Park or Gilchrist Park.

Thanks, TamRE.

Old 02-23-2014, 11:50 AM

1,917 posts, read 2,632,825 times
Here's something to do

34th Annual Florida International Air Show (Mar. 29 - 30, 2014)
Location: Punta Gorda Airport (PGD), 28000 A-1 Airport Rd., Punta Gorda, FL 3982
Florida International Air Show

Gary

Old 02-23-2014, 03:09 PM

1 posts, read 1,222 times
Yesterday was the Wine and Jazz festival at Lashley Park.....a terrific afternoon with great jazz and good wine....Lots going on here in Punta Gorda. The downtown area always has a bit of a buzz going on. Lots of music and fun.

Old 02-24-2014, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartyGras View Post
Here's something to do

34th Annual Florida International Air Show (Mar. 29 - 30, 2014)
Location: Punta Gorda Airport (PGD), 28000 A-1 Airport Rd., Punta Gorda, FL 3982
Florida International Air Show

Gary
I have heard about this event in the past. Thanks for the tip! My son will LOVE this!!!

Old 02-24-2014, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roblake View Post
Yesterday was the Wine and Jazz festival at Lashley Park.....a terrific afternoon with great jazz and good wine....Lots going on here in Punta Gorda. The downtown area always has a bit of a buzz going on. Lots of music and fun.
Wine and jazz. Doesn't get much better than that! I do love all the events that are in town. It is part of what draws me here.

Old 02-24-2014, 04:34 PM

180 posts, read 277,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roblake View Post
Sounds wonderful. We are heading down the first two weeks of march. Any more of that wine and jazz someplace??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte