Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte
 [Register]
Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte Charlotte County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2013, 06:53 PM

7,195 posts, read 5,728,534 times

Advertisements

Which company in Port Charlotte is the best for pest control? I have two kids and two cats, so I want a company that uses safe(r) chemicals, but also one that is going to kill all of the bugs! We have ants and I have seen one or two tiny cockroaches since moving in about three weeks ago. Better to go with Truly Nolan, or is there a smaller local company who does a great job (for not more than what Truly Nolan charges)?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2013, 07:10 PM

535 posts, read 1,032,158 times
We use Econo pest they will come out between treatments if we see any activity inside with no questions asked they also treat the lawn with pestasides and fertilizer weve been using them for going on to 2 years now with no complaints can't comment on how there prices compare we just continued with them from the people we bought the house from

Old 04-22-2013, 07:23 PM

7,195 posts, read 5,728,534 times
Ahh, okay, good to know! Truly Nolan's online quote was $70 for the first visit and $35 per month after that, for the basic quarterly contract. Our house is 1600 square feet. Is that comparable to what Econo charges?

Old 04-22-2013, 08:03 PM

535 posts, read 1,032,158 times
Econo charges us 65.00 per quarter as a scheduled visit but as stated they come out whenever we call. Our house is 2300 square ft and I have a 1000 sg ft detached garage that is done also

Old 04-23-2013, 04:40 AM

3,979 posts, read 10,552,117 times
Rates vary by company. We use Truly Nolen but I think they are one of the more expensive companies. If you want organic chemicals, try Good News Pest Control - Good News Pest Solutions - formerly Macy's Termite & Pest Control |. Massey Services is another one to try 941-629-5990.

Old 04-23-2013, 05:01 AM

3,645 posts, read 7,152,641 times
Pest Eliminators charge me $325 pa
thats
Interior treatment once (and any revisits needed)
Attic treatment once
full exterior sweep and treat 1/4ly
yard treatment 1/4ly

all our bug problems disappeared

941 766 0902

Old 04-23-2013, 06:27 AM

5,172 posts, read 4,947,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TamRE View Post
Rates vary by company. We use Truly Nolen but I think they are one of the more expensive companies. If you want organic chemicals, try Good News Pest Control - Good News Pest Solutions - formerly Macy's Termite & Pest Control |. Massey Services is another one to try 941-629-5990.
x2 on Good News Pest Control. We've been using them for a year now and are happy. If there is any critter activity between visits, they will come out for no charge, no questions asked. They also have different levels of treatment, such as flea treatment in the yard, etc.

Last edited by MikMal; 04-23-2013 at 06:28 AM.. Reason: spelling

Old 04-23-2013, 12:03 PM

1,646 posts, read 3,027,614 times
I order the same stuff most pro's use from Amazon, put it a sprayer and treat every month or two. Cost about $20 a year and I have less bug problems (almost none) than most I know with services. I treat my other house that sits empty 11 months a year (only treat twice a year) and it keeps it free of bugs while nobody is there.

I know the pest control companies don't charge much, but I'm the type of guy that likes to be in charge of schedules and dosages....

Old 04-23-2013, 12:16 PM

2,837 posts, read 2,696,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarborRat View Post
I order the same stuff most pro's use from Amazon, put it a sprayer and treat every month or two. Cost about $20 a year and I have less bug problems (almost none) than most I know with services. I treat my other house that sits empty 11 months a year (only treat twice a year) and it keeps it free of bugs while nobody is there.

I know the pest control companies don't charge much, but I'm the type of guy that likes to be in charge of schedules and dosages....

Are you spraying inside or outside?

I have tried all kinds of sprays on ants outside and while it kills the ones I drown, more are back the next day.

I have had better luck with the bait type poisons. But would sure like to find something more effective.

Old 04-23-2013, 12:29 PM

1,646 posts, read 3,027,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the searchers View Post
Are you spraying inside or outside?

I have tried all kinds of sprays on ants outside and while it kills the ones I drown, more are back the next day.

I have had better luck with the bait type poisons. But would sure like to find something more effective.
Both inside and out. One of the benefits I find of mixing and spraying myself is I can make a double strength dose for outside. The double strength mix will kill spiders and even scorpions but needs to be re-applied monthly when in rainy areas to stay effective.

Ants are the only bugs I occasionally see (alive) as they can enter the home or lanai quickly. Most don't live long once in the treated area but there are so many they can just keep coming. Baits and lawn treatments from Home Depot work pretty well on them.

For the spray I use Demon WP. It is pet safe when it dries which is very important to me.

Last edited by HarborRat; 04-23-2013 at 12:37 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte