Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte
 [Register]
Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte Charlotte County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2014, 09:14 AM

55 posts, read 67,160 times

Advertisements

I know there are some of you that love pit bills so I'm hoping someone can help . I was looking through Craig's list this morning and came across a advert offering a free pit bull I'm so concerned that someone is going to go get him and use him as a bait dog I can't take him myself as I have a dog and she's terrified around other dogs so I'm hoping someone on here might help this lovely dog . I've spoke the lady that owns him she says he's friendly , used to children , has papers and all his shots he's 3 years old .
Any advice and help would be welcome as how I can help this dog
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2014, 10:20 AM

413 posts, read 832,139 times
Are there any pit bill rescue groups in the area?

Old 09-28-2014, 10:52 AM

I've looked but can't find any . I've contacted mr sunshine he has pit bulls and he's going to see if he can help in anyway . So just praying someone will offer him a safe home . It pulls on the heart strings seeing these dogs in this position through no fault of their own .

Old 09-28-2014, 07:22 PM

7,510 posts, read 22,991,238 times
That's unfortunate. I have a Labrabull/pit & lab. She's the sweetest dog ever. I see the rescue groups filled with pits and there are Facebook posts daily with people giving away their dogs--mostly pits. I think they get a bad rap. Most I've seen at the dog park and our own pit is very loving. Did you try here? Pit Bull Rescue, Florida | Pit Bull Happenings Rescue: Educate, RESPECT, Appreciate

Mr Sunshine has tried to help in many occasions when he sees pits on Facebook that look like they're in trouble.

Old 09-29-2014, 06:34 AM

3,645 posts, read 7,180,782 times
we have tried...the very sad thing is there are so many dogs, pittys in particular that there aren't enough spaces or people to save them all.

our little girl was saved the day she was due to be euthanized. she had been used as a breeding machine and probably a bait dog and was only around 18 months old when we got her. She is the most loving soft baby going.

and before anyone starts with the 'they are dangerous killers' bit...view this http://theilovedogssite.com/these-do...-cries-of-joy/

the only vicious evil creature involved was the POS that did this. the look of love and happiness on those poor animals faces......priceless.

Old 09-29-2014, 09:14 AM

531 posts, read 1,166,345 times
If anyone ever watched "Dog Whisperer," with Cesar Milan, you'd KNOW how wonderful and gentle these babies are!!!

Old 09-29-2014, 09:19 AM

114 posts, read 173,766 times
They are both wonderful creatures, and extremely dangerous.

I feel very bad for the abused and mistreated pitbulls, but that does not mean that they are not capable of inflicting great harm in a very short period of time.

I hope someone who can care for them properly, and understands the threat that they can pose adopts them, and gives them a safe home.

Old 09-29-2014, 09:50 AM

390 posts, read 614,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dukenyc View Post
They are both wonderful creatures, and extremely dangerous.

I feel very bad for the abused and mistreated pitbulls, but that does not mean that they are not capable of inflicting great harm in a very short period of time.

I hope someone who can care for them properly, and understands the threat that they can pose adopts them, and gives them a safe home.

I agree with this statement. Its the same with German Shepherds, Rottweilers, Dobermans and any other guard dogs. They are wonderful dogs but there is always a potential they can snap and harm at some point. Even against their owner.

Guard dogs have a strong instinctual sense to protect. When a human brings this characteristic out, through some sort of abusiveness or training, this instinct will become more prominent in a dog's behavior.

Watch dogs do have this instinct. Although not as strong, they will bite, but usually do not maim.

Old 09-29-2014, 12:13 PM

60 posts, read 78,195 times
Any chance the poster of the CL ad can be educated on proper re-homing? Checking vet references, going to the home of the people taking the dog to see if it is fenced? I hate "free to good home" for any dog. Will she hang on to the dog until rescue can be brought in?

Old 09-29-2014, 08:18 PM

Unfortunately I haven't been able to find any where that will take him and I don't think the owner really cares where he goes although she says she does . I've begged her to hold him for a few days until I can find some help but I feel she will let him go to who ever comes and gets him first so sad makes me feel I'll thinking about it .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte