Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte
 [Register]
Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte Charlotte County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-23-2016, 09:06 AM

1 posts, read 5,674 times

Advertisements

Beautiful home. I read this whole thread start to finish. Very informative. Very insightful posts from a bunch of different people. Lovely area. Hopefully, my wife and I will get to see that area of Port Charlotte soon.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2016, 05:01 AM

2,118 posts, read 3,775,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoNoMo View Post
Beautiful home. I read this whole thread start to finish. Very informative. Very insightful posts from a bunch of different people. Lovely area. Hopefully, my wife and I will get to see that area of Port Charlotte soon.
Welcome to the PC/PG area board. Lots of great threads here for you to enjoy. Plan your winter visit for this season and you'll really want to live your screen name.

Old 11-04-2016, 01:34 PM

3,133 posts, read 2,254,904 times
Very impressive thread! Took awhile but worth every minute to read thru this whole thread. One question I have though is how to keep the recommendations updated? For example, I just moved here and would love to know who does a good Chinese take out. Are the previous recommended spots still good or have they been replaced with newbies ( like me I guess!)? I feel silly starting a new thread every time I want to know something,and I'm sure everyone would tire of that real quickly.

Old 11-08-2016, 07:01 PM

2,118 posts, read 3,775,769 times
Searching the Charlotte County threads using key words related to your interest is the best way to find info. If you find its a really old thread, put up a new post to revive the thread and ask if people still agree.

Old 11-08-2016, 08:24 PM

252 posts, read 388,325 times
What is being built at Neighborhood Market parking lot?

Old 12-08-2016, 11:15 AM

1 posts, read 5,011 times
Default Info

Could I get the info please?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big House View Post
Several years ago I started a thread. It was a journal of sorts, which contained my experiences of moving here, I asked a ton of questions about the small city / town of Punta Gorda. I received many great answers about the area on many topics that are still relevant: about moving, restaurants in the area, cultural opportunities, schools, festivals, work, retirement, insurance issues, housing opportunities, lifestyle choices, fishing, biking, and other experiences I had. The help I got was fair and balanced.

This tread is intended to aid and stimulate questions and help those who may have similar or new questions so many of us who have been posting here regularly for years can help pay the help we got forward.

For those who are interested, I wrote a short summary of my experience which if requested I will forward to you. Just DM me.

For those who want to see those topics discussed, it should stimulate new questions you have, you may consider DMing the moderator to see if they will open the thread so you can read the information that many contributed to.

Good Luck!!

Old 12-11-2016, 10:34 AM

1 posts, read 4,962 times
Default Internet Access for the south Gulf Cove? Good, Bad and Ugly.

We are currently building in South Gulf Cove and have started researching cable and satellite access. We are heavy internet users, watch Netflix and grandkids video game. Thoughts.

[/b]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big House View Post
Several years ago I started a thread. It was a journal of sorts, which contained my experiences of moving here, I asked a ton of questions about the small city / town of Punta Gorda. I received many great answers about the area on many topics that are still relevant: about moving, restaurants in the area, cultural opportunities, schools, festivals, work, retirement, insurance issues, housing opportunities, lifestyle choices, fishing, biking, and other experiences I had. The help I got was fair and balanced.

This tread is intended to aid and stimulate questions and help those who may have similar or new questions so many of us who have been posting here regularly for years can help pay the help we got forward.

For those who are interested, I wrote a short summary of my experience which if requested I will forward to you. Just DM me.

For those who want to see those topics discussed, it should stimulate new questions you have, you may consider DMing the moderator to see if they will open the thread so you can read the information that many contributed to.

Good Luck!!

Old 12-11-2016, 03:43 PM

3,930 posts, read 6,441,479 times
Satellite is spotty, easily breaks up in the rain, even heavy clouds, as the satellites are out over Texas. Talked with the DirecTV installer before we pulled our satellite dish. He had DirecTV but also had cable due to the poor reception.

Figure your best service is Comcast. Century is DSL. If you can get Frontier fiber optic, the signal is best but Frontier has poor customer service record.

Old 01-04-2017, 08:20 AM

23 posts, read 19,779 times
great information, thank you!

Old 01-05-2017, 07:28 PM

7,040 posts, read 6,289,652 times
What a great thread. I only just started looking at Florida & one of the posted threads on 55+ communities will be very helpful when I come visit this spring.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte