Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte
 [Register]
Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte Charlotte County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2016, 06:43 PM

1,217 posts, read 1,226,110 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetdoc3037 View Post
Your maps skills are lacking, just to name one of your lacking's...If you take rt 50 over the Severn from the city of Annapolis heading towards the bay bridge, that whole 7 mile span is still Annapolis......it may not be the CITY LIMITS of Annapolis but its Annapolis. An Annapolis mailing addy, as MY SISTER lives in that exact area....

And I could really care less if I live in PG, DC, PC, NP or Japan, El Toro Calif...etc, it just seems to upset a few of you guys on here that DC has a PG mailing addy, lol, so I like to poke you guys. Maybe if it will help you relax on the topic you can think of it like the Annapolis, or as locals call it, Naptown, example you have wrong...its not within the CITY limits of PG, but its still a PG mailing addy.....whatever helps you get over this fixation you have. Sometimes I get bored and I know if I post about DC and it being PG, or PGI then you and some other poster are all over it...its hilarious. I mean really, does it matter? Is it worth getting all upset over? And don't try to say it doesn't bother you, as you respond each and every time, if it didn't bother you then you would not respond....hahaha

Now just relax man, try to get out, smell some fresh air, maybe have a beer, it will be ok..... You remind me of that crabby old man who yells at the kids to 'get the hell out of my yard'. But in this case you are yelling, 'YOU DON'T LIVE IN PUNTA GORDA, ONLY ME AND MY FRIEND DOES'....lol
Why don't you relax. You're the one yelling and insulting people. I really don't care, believe it or not. I just happened to punch up Annapolis on the map - it showed the boundary.

I don't even live in PG but I do know how to read a map. When we were looking at houses here we looked at Deep Creek. Never considered it to be in PG because it's in Port Charlotte.

This thread was dead for months 'til you brought it back.
If you don't want to talk about it, let it go. Looks like you want to poke the locals but can't take it when they poke back.

When you calm down you can let me know some of my other lackings so I can work on them in my spare time. LoL.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2016, 08:33 PM

2,609 posts, read 2,823,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLHfan View Post
Why don't you relax. You're the one yelling and insulting people. I really don't care, believe it or not. I just happened to punch up Annapolis on the map - it showed the boundary.

I don't even live in PG but I do know how to read a map. When we were looking at houses here we looked at Deep Creek. Never considered it to be in PG because it's in Port Charlotte.

If you don't want to talk about it, let it go. Looks like you want to poke the locals but can't take it when they poke back.

When you calm down you can let me know some of my other lackings so I can work on them in my spare time. LoL.
Don't get yourself aggravated, that one is definitely not worth it. Someone who says they don't buy a house because of an address but always posts on it

Old 07-24-2016, 06:02 AM

14,950 posts, read 12,147,503 times
Quote:
Your maps skills are lacking, just to name one of your lacking's...If you take rt 50 over the Severn from the city of Annapolis heading towards the bay bridge, that whole 7 mile span is still Annapolis......it may not be the CITY LIMITS of Annapolis but its Annapolis. An Annapolis mailing addy, as MY SISTER lives in that exact area....

And I could really care less if I live in PG, DC, PC, NP or Japan, El Toro Calif...etc, it just seems to upset a few of you guys on here that DC has a PG mailing addy, lol, so I like to poke you guys. Maybe if it will help you relax on the topic you can think of it like the Annapolis, or as locals call it, Naptown, example you have wrong...its not within the CITY limits of PG, but its still a PG mailing addy.....whatever helps you get over this fixation you have. Sometimes I get bored and I know if I post about DC and it being PG, or PGI then you and some other poster are all over it...its hilarious. I mean really, does it matter? Is it worth getting all upset over? And don't try to say it doesn't bother you, as you respond each and every time, if it didn't bother you then you would not respond....hahaha

Now just relax man, try to get out, smell some fresh air, maybe have a beer, it will be ok..... You remind me of that crabby old man who yells at the kids to 'get the hell out of my yard'. But in this case you are yelling, 'YOU DON'T LIVE IN PUNTA GORDA, ONLY ME AND MY FRIEND DOES'....lol
So why do you feel so compelled to "poke" anyone?

Just to set the record straight, though, since you also responded to my post with this "DeepCreek is really PGI"nonsense, I don't live in PGI OR Deep Creek and don't give a happy hoot about any alleged "prestige" associated with either of them. The important thing is that folks be happy with wherever it is they choose to live. I guess it's in the competitive nature of humanity (albeit a bit immature) to engage in some "mine is better than yours"exchanges, but the hostility that goes along with it sometimes is silly. Of course you (the general you, not you personally) believe your choices were the best, otherwise you would not have made them.

And if some folks have a need to feel a little superiority to others in order to be happy with their choices, it's their schtick, there is no reason for it to affect those others they look down on, at least IMO. Over the years we've overheard a few snide comments here and there about the location we chose for our piece of paradise here, ( happened to be from northeastern transplants with PGI in their sights, but it doesn't matter), as they snickered about the hicks and riff-raff who lived there and the Peace River Fishing Camp, and what a dump the place was. We thought the remarks were amusing, as we love it where we are, and appreciate the lack of crowding we see elsewhere in the area. In fact, as the population in Charlotte County grows and the area becomes more congested, we kind of hope folks will continue to look down on this area, so they won't be looking to move here. At least not in our lifetimes.

Old 07-24-2016, 07:45 AM

296 posts, read 319,348 times
Quote:

....to me it is silly to get so upset over it. It's like if you lived in NP and you were determined you lived in PG, I would be like, ok, well cool.

My example to you, if it would help you and a few others on here, was that perhaps DC is like other places that are not in the city limits but are in the incorporated town...and Annapolis was an area I gave you....try this, and look on a map....on one side of the Severn you have a place called the United States Naval Academy which you might agree is in Annapolis...(been here hundreds of times)...now when you cross over the bridge and the Severn River, you have another Naval base, its called Naval Station Annapolis...which is in Annapolis. Sure its not in the city limits of Naptown, but its still in Annapolis and has a Annapolis mailing addy, sorta like DC and PG. Its not in the city limits of PG but has a PG mailing addy...you have to accept that fact, as much as it may hurt.

Now you kids get off my yard!!!! hahaha

Old 07-24-2016, 07:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelassie View Post
So why do you feel so compelled to "poke" anyone?

Just to set the record straight, though, since you also responded to my post with this "DeepCreek is really PGI"nonsense, I don't live in PGI OR Deep Creek and don't give a happy hoot about any alleged "prestige" associated with either of them. The important thing is that folks be happy with wherever it is they choose to live. I guess it's in the competitive nature of humanity (albeit a bit immature) to engage in some "mine is better than yours"exchanges, but the hostility that goes along with it sometimes is silly. Of course you (the general you, not you personally) believe your choices were the best, otherwise you would not have made them.

And if some folks have a need to feel a little superiority to others in order to be happy with their choices, it's their schtick, there is no reason for it to affect those others they look down on, at least IMO. Over the years we've overheard a few snide comments here and there about the location we chose for our piece of paradise here, ( happened to be from northeastern transplants with PGI in their sights, but it doesn't matter), as they snickered about the hicks and riff-raff who lived there and the Peace River Fishing Camp, and what a dump the place was. We thought the remarks were amusing, as we love it where we are, and appreciate the lack of crowding we see elsewhere in the area. In fact, as the population in Charlotte County grows and the area becomes more congested, we kind of hope folks will continue to look down on this area, so they won't be looking to move here. At least not in our lifetimes.
Good points....never heard of that Peace river fishing camp, was it like full of folks kinda living on the cheap or something?

Old 07-24-2016, 08:07 AM

390 posts, read 609,221 times
Oy Vey!

Who's going to get the last word?

Old 07-24-2016, 08:11 AM

THATS what I was looking for, how to spell, Oye Vay....I love Seinfeld....

Old 07-24-2016, 08:36 AM

Quote:
....to me it is silly to get so upset over it. It's like if you lived in NP and you were determined you lived in PG, I would be like, ok, well cool.

My example to you, if it would help you and a few others on here, was that perhaps DC is like other places that are not in the city limits but are in the incorporated town...and Annapolis was an area I gave you....try this, and look on a map....on one side of the Severn you have a place called the United States Naval Academy which you might agree is in Annapolis...(been here hundreds of times)...now when you cross over the bridge and the Severn River, you have another Naval base, its called Naval Station Annapolis...which is in Annapolis. Sure its not in the city limits of Naptown, but its still in Annapolis and has a Annapolis mailing addy, sorta like DC and PG. Its not in the city limits of PG but has a PG mailing addy...you have to accept that fact, as much as it may hurt.

Now you kids get off my yard!!!! hahaha

So stop getting upset over it and you won't look so silly.

My in-laws live in a little town up north with a mailing address of a larger town nearby. It's like that all over the US. Only a fool would think they actually live in the larger town.

You think I'm the old man in the yard and I think you're my neighbor's yappy little dog.
So what?

Old 07-24-2016, 10:02 AM

Quote:
So stop getting upset over it and you won't look so silly.

My in-laws live in a little town up north with a mailing address of a larger town nearby. It's like that all over the US. Only a fool would think they actually live in the larger town.

You think I'm the old man in the yard and I think you're my neighbor's yappy little dog.
So what?
Nevertheless, they still live in the town of yaddi yaddi yadda.....

I can see you out there yelling at your neighbors yappy dog to get off of your grass and the yappy dog yapping back at you....too funny.

I've much enjoyed this buddy!!!

Old 07-24-2016, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Nevertheless, they still live in the town of yaddi yaddi yadda.....

I can see you out there yelling at your neighbors yappy dog to get off of your grass and the yappy dog yapping back at you....too funny.

I've much enjoyed this buddy!!!

Me too. I know nobody likes to get scammed and how hurt you must feel but try to get over it.

Two things you will need to learn, watch out for real estate scams and never trust someone who 'thinks' they're a doctor.

Yapp away little doggie. Hahaha.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte