Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte
 [Register]
Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte Charlotte County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-25-2017, 03:46 PM

3,930 posts, read 6,442,779 times

Advertisements

We were looking to see who was playing at Flounders in Englewood, couldn't find the website. Started looking, found that is now SandBar Tiki and Grille. Same menus, same entertainment schedules, don't know if it s just a name change or sale. Anyway, just putting this out there for fans of the restaurant.
Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2017, 05:07 PM

3,179 posts, read 6,000,719 times
The Atamanchuk family, owners of Lock 'n Key, bought it a month ago. There will be some changes, but for the better, especially the food and service which was mediocre at best previously. We're 1/2 mile from there and stopped going because the service was so bad. Hopefully things change. The staff so far are posting good things on FB

Old 05-29-2017, 09:10 PM

2,432 posts, read 2,690,587 times
We went to Flounders once and weren't impressed with the pricing compared to food quality and portions. Atmosphere wasn't great and service lacked. It was just ok, nothing to bring us back. Happy to hear lock n key bought it and if they make changes I'll definitely give it another try. We never were there during any entertainment, maybe it would of helped some with the experience.

Old 06-13-2017, 05:03 PM

5 posts, read 6,542 times
My two cents if the new owners are listening...yes the fact that lock n key bought it is good. My main interest is to experience some form of entertainment during happy hour. Flounders would stop entertainment around 4:30 or 5 and "say" that it would start again at 6. Closer to the truth would be that they started around 6:30 or 7. We enjoy going to happy hour, listening to entertainment and as we get in the relaxed mode, we stay and have dinner. With Flounders schedule, you just start to get relaxed and they pull the plug, resulting in us going somewhere else with entertainment and having dinner there. Having been around the Englewood area for around 15 yrs, I am well aware that NOBODY likes to hear about "how we do it where we come from", that being said, I have had the opportunity to see what works. A nice Happy hour that starts around 4:00 pm and lasts till 7 or 8 pm with entertainment is the norm in NJ. There are Huge dinner crowds that appreciate the unique atmosphere that the new Sandbar has to offer. It's funny, my daughter worked at a very successful waterfront bar/restaurant in NJ. It was also called.. The Sandbar! Not criticizing, just wishing everyone the best.

Old 06-15-2017, 10:27 AM

2,202 posts, read 2,303,125 times
Tell em: info@sandbartikigrille.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte