Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte
 [Register]
Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte Charlotte County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2010, 01:46 AM

107 posts, read 180,717 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrcoolmrcool28 View Post
To avoid this, you simply should not buy a house that you can't easily make the payments on. So many folks buy houses they can't afford or have done nothing to keep their payments low...rent and save save save, and then buy an affordable house and put a large downpayment on it. Way too many people want it now, and want it new, and want it big, without proper income.
Your right and I know this from learning the hard way as many Americans have. I have finally convinced my wife that we need to think "poor" in preparation for moving to Florida. Instead of: "do we have enough credit to buy this now?" our mentality is changing to: "do we really need that and we can't afford that right now" or "if we really want that we should save for it and buy it later". We are taking another 1-2 years preparing to move. I am working overtime in order to get debt free and plan on renting for a year when we get there. I will also have newer reliable vehicles paid for as well as personal and business assets. There are not only a lot of good deals for buying homes but for renting too. I am also looking at saving $5,000 or more in state tax alone with renting for a year in Florida (no real estate tax when renting in addition to no state income tax, property tax and business property tax). It is amazing when you calculate how much interest we pay on loans for that new stuff we need now too. Hmmm, not a bad business idea. If you have money, don't start a business, just invest in one that is already successful. I imagine that a lot of wealthy Americans are simply lenders instead of borrowers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte