Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte
 [Register]
Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte Charlotte County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-02-2009, 07:25 AM

1,133 posts, read 2,931,160 times

Advertisements

We almost always take a boat trip when ever we come to Florida, last time we were there we took the Kingfisher boat tour down to Cabbage key, it was fun Can anyone suggest a good trip/tour?? Also we have our own boat up here, and boat the Wisconsin lakes during our long three month summer, so we were also thinking about maybe renting a small boat and cruise through some of the canals in Port Charlotte and PGI. Does anyone know of a place that rents small runabouts?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2009, 10:15 AM

7,511 posts, read 22,922,074 times
Hey Cools' You might want to try Holidaze Boat Rental. They are in Fisherman's Village. Cabbage Key is a fun place to go for they day. It's were Jimmy Buffet wrote Cheese Burger in Paradise. They have a really small restaurant with dollar bills hanging all over the inside and the food is awesome. Here's an article that someone wrote about their trip to Cabbage Key.

I think BigHouse went up to Maryland for a few days but he'll be back at the end of the week. You should enlist him to charter you around. He's always looking for an excuse to take his boat out. Sorry BigHouse, but I knew you'd sign yourself up if you were around to read this post

Old 02-02-2009, 01:40 PM

Yep, we had lunch at the Cheeseburger place last time. Liked it. We'll take YOU up on YOUR offer of Big House taking us out in HIS boat!!!!
HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!!!!
mrscool

Old 02-03-2009, 11:47 AM

301 posts, read 1,154,170 times
We'll take everyone out once we move down there next fall! Hey Big House how about a boat ride Feb 15th?? We tip good

Old 02-03-2009, 11:58 AM

7,511 posts, read 22,922,074 times
I should just set up a booking company for him. Let's see, I'll book him for the 15th for the jvelte's and what was your date Mr&MrsCool? He'll get a kick out of this thread once he has a chance to reads it!

He has a big construction bid that he's working on up in Maryland right now. I think he'll be back in town at the end of the week. He might log on between now and then-I'm not really sure what else he's got going on up there other than a bunch of snow.

Party on the BigHouse boat!!!! Hey, I've got it---BigHouse Boat Tours. Kinda has a cool ring to it, ay

Last edited by SoFLGal; 02-03-2009 at 12:39 PM..

Old 02-03-2009, 03:31 PM

6,103 posts, read 15,088,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jvelte View Post
We'll take everyone out once we move down there next fall! Hey Big House how about a boat ride Feb 15th?? We tip good
jvelte,
I have you pencilled in - we need to check on the weather though, so lets touch base when the 15th gets a little closer. I enjoy just about any opportunity to take the boat out!

Hey SoFLGal - what is the base rate? So I can then calculate what a "good tip" is? . As my agent and first mate - I'm sure you negotiated a good deal. I heard the Captain gets to drink any of the beverages for free! Did you check to see if the bar is well stocked? All Hands on Deck!! - Meaning attendance is mandatory! LOL

Old 02-03-2009, 03:44 PM

6,103 posts, read 15,088,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrcoolmrcool28 View Post
Yep, we had lunch at the Cheeseburger place last time. Liked it. We'll take YOU up on YOUR offer of Big House taking us out in HIS boat!!!!
HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!!!!
mrscool
I'd be happy to take you guys out on a tour. SoFLGal has to go so she can tell us what the heck we're looking at though! I know how to get into the canals in PGI. I'll have to check the PC canal access points. Maybe we can do that on the 9th some time. I've been trying to find some restaurant / marina places to pull the boat in and get a bite to eat. I can do that at Harpoon Harry's but maybe we can find another place for an early lunch? Maybe we can get that in on the 9th, and get back in time to refresh for the meet up.

Old 02-03-2009, 04:37 PM

Well, our plane doesn't get in until 1 on the 9th, and of course that's if all goes well. Then, pick up the rental, drive north, check into the Banana Bay...not sure that leaves us enough time to explore enough, 'cuz we gotta be back to HH by 7!! We won't want to keep Augie, the Sunshines, et al waiting, right??
I'm so excited about my boat excursion I even bought a new swimming suit today, so you better have good weather for me!!
mrs. cool

Old 02-03-2009, 08:12 PM

301 posts, read 1,154,170 times
Big House, I know the PC canals pretty well. We spent numerous days last summer boating through almost all of them while narrowing our endless canal-front property search down. Most of them are either 8' or 10' bridge clearance, but there are a couple that are lower. Can't wait to get our boat down there next fall!

Old 02-04-2009, 07:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvelte View Post
Big House, I know the PC canals pretty well. We spent numerous days last summer boating through almost all of them while narrowing our endless canal-front property search down. Most of them are either 8' or 10' bridge clearance, but there are a couple that are lower. Can't wait to get our boat down there next fall!
Hey jvelte, Where did you get the boat you used to go through the canals? Ya, we can't wait to bring our boat down, but that will be awhile yet when we do, it sounds like we'll be having some boating parties Big House will be party central Ha ha
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte