Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte
 [Register]
Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte Charlotte County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2009, 10:22 AM

181 posts, read 453,650 times

Advertisements

Yet another reason why Punta Gorda is a place in South West Florida to take notice of.

FISHERMEN'S VILLAGE WAS AWARDED THE 2009 ANNUAL TOURISM ACHIEVEMENT AWARD BY THE CHARLOTTE COUNTY VISITOR & CONVENTION BUREAU DURING NATIONAL TRAVEL AND TOURISM WEEK.

To some this may not seem much, but at least it is well deserved acknowledgement for those in Punta Gorda trying their utmost best to live up to their commitment to make Punta Gorda one of the most sought after places to live for younger families. Well done!

Someone once said that vision is nothing but a joke until it happens, and it is clear that things in Punta Gorda is happening....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2009, 11:12 AM

22,584 posts, read 54,294,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vegasboy View Post
Yet another reason why Punta Gorda is a place in South West Florida to take notice of.

FISHERMEN'S VILLAGE WAS AWARDED THE 2009 ANNUAL TOURISM ACHIEVEMENT AWARD BY THE CHARLOTTE COUNTY VISITOR & CONVENTION BUREAU DURING NATIONAL TRAVEL AND TOURISM WEEK.

To some this may not seem much, but at least it is well deserved acknowledgement for those in Punta Gorda trying their utmost best to live up to their commitment to make Punta Gorda one of the most sought after places to live for younger families. Well done!

Someone once said that vision is nothing but a joke until it happens, and it is clear that things in Punta Gorda is happening....
Woohoo! Charlotte County gave an award to themselves! How utterly shocking and exciting! In honor of the event I am going to give an award to myself, too.

While we're at this shenanigans, you claim that Punta Gorda is one of the most sought after places to live for younger families. Back up the claim. Cite RECENT and reliable data.

Old 05-17-2009, 11:25 AM

6,218 posts, read 7,730,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiknapster View Post
Woohoo! Charlotte County gave an award to themselves! How utterly shocking and exciting! In honor of the event I am going to give an award to myself, too.

While we're at this shenanigans, you claim that Punta Gorda is one of the most sought after places to live for younger families. Back up the claim. Cite RECENT and reliable data.

LOL, the local chamber of commerce at it's finest.....

Hiknapster gets the "golden knife award"..for being quick to cut the crap....

Old 05-17-2009, 11:53 AM

181 posts, read 453,650 times
Quote:

No, I did not make such a claim: "....To some!! this may not seem much!!, but at least it is well deserved acknowledgement for those in Punta Gorda trying their utmost best to live up to their commitment to make Punta Gorda one of the most sought after places to live for younger families..."

Dear Hiknapster, when we say "yes we can", we imply that the current cirumstances, situation or environment may not be desirable, and it may seem to the majority as being impossible to change, but, .... but yes, we can if we apply our minds and a bit more positive attitude, becoming the agents of change and prosperity to the undesirable state of affairs. I was so encouraged to see that you have a high esteem for Warren Buffet, who himself said that things will change, and for the good BUT WE HAVE TO BE THAT CHANGE. I really want to be a part of those wanting to see more younger families moving into PG, hence my more positive but balanced approach (if you read my other posts where I acknowledge that PG has, according to statistics, a lot of older people.)

“It is not the critic who counts; not the (wo)man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the (wo)man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; because there is not effort without error and shortcomings; but who does actually strive to do the deed; who knows the great enthusiasm, the great devotion, who spends himself in a worthy cause, who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement and who at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly. So that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat.”

Last edited by vegasboy; 05-17-2009 at 01:05 PM.. Reason: spelling

Old 05-17-2009, 04:04 PM

3,842 posts, read 10,513,819 times
That's AWESOME seeing that there are only TWO cities in Charlotte County.

And Port Charlotte isn't even technically a "city".

So, Charlotte County awarded something to the only city in the county.

Fantastic!

Most sought off places to move a FAMILY? OK.

Hipknapster, really, do I need to go any further or can I just laugh at the sheer humor!!!

I'd love to see people move to PG also. It's called JOBS, Vagasboy...not construction jobs, but REAL jobs. And that is the one thing it DOES NOT have. Thus, Warren Buffet & you can sing a song & dance a dance...until there are jobs that can support a family, the place is still destined to be a haven for retirees & snowbirds who have no need to support the school systems or truly add to the community since they are only there for the boat drops & quick jump on 75 to get to the golf course at 8am.

Old 05-17-2009, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegasboy View Post
Dear Hiknapster, when we say "yes we can", we imply that the current cirumstances, situation or environment may not be desirable, and it may seem to the majority as being impossible to change, but, .... but yes, we can if we apply our minds and a bit more positive attitude, becoming the agents of change and prosperity to the undesirable state of affairs. I was so encouraged to see that you have a high esteem for Warren Buffet, who himself said that things will change, and for the good BUT WE HAVE TO BE THAT CHANGE. I really want to be a part of those wanting to see more younger families moving into PG, hence my more positive but balanced approach (if you read my other posts where I acknowledge that PG has, according to statistics, a lot of older people.)

“It is not the critic who counts; not the (wo)man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the (wo)man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; because there is not effort without error and shortcomings; but who does actually strive to do the deed; who knows the great enthusiasm, the great devotion, who spends himself in a worthy cause, who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement and who at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly. So that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat.”
Dear Vegasboy: Don't lecture to me about "Yes, We Can." It's my president's campaign slogan. Did you vote for him? Campaign for him? No. You live in South Africa.

So you can take your quote, that you did not give MY ANCESTOR'S president - Theodore Roosevelt - credit for writing, and live it by doing something about your own people, those women and children in Capetown that live in cardboard boxes and are raped and murdered everyday.

Old 05-17-2009, 06:59 PM

3,842 posts, read 10,513,819 times
Quote:
Dear Vegasboy: Don't lecture to me about "Yes, We Can." It's my president's campaign slogan. Did you vote for him? Campaign for him? No. You live in South Africa.

So you can take your quote, that you did not give MY ANCESTOR'S president - Theodore Roosevelt - credit for writing, and live it by doing something about your own people, those women and children in Capetown that live in cardboard boxes and are raped and murdered everyday.
I thought the election was over with in November or are parts of his campaign speeches still online for I swear some of this sounds too familiar....

Old 05-17-2009, 07:12 PM

Who knows. Plagiarism and changing stories are par for the course.

Old 05-17-2009, 07:27 PM

Oh, and propaganda for his investment.

Old 05-18-2009, 07:47 AM

7,511 posts, read 22,925,572 times
Quote:
Oh, and propaganda for his investment.
Got a good laugh out of this thread. You guys are too funny
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte