Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Radio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2017, 02:35 PM

3,929 posts, read 2,954,604 times

Advertisements

I have added more podcasts to my lineup.

The Horror Show: a Horror Movie Podcast The two guys who host this are hilarious and I can't recommend this podcast enough.

Missing Richard Simmons This podcast is only 6 episodes, but it was quite fascinating to listen to and the guy who did it has done a great job with it.

Sawbones: A Marital Tour of Misguided Medicine This is a very interesting podcast. The wife is a doctor, the husband is not and the two are great together.

Ask Roulette It's a live podcast where strangers get up on a stage and ask eachother questions. Hilarious.

Thinking Sideways Podcast Three hosts discuss unsolved mysteries. Quite interesting.

Oh No Ross and Carrie These two hosts investigate religious cults, psuedo science health claims and other weird topics.

The No Sleep Podcast Horror stories.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2017, 09:24 PM

24 posts, read 30,000 times
Libertarians, free thinkers, etc. a must listen is

The No Agenda Show

The Show - No Agenda - With Adam Curry and John C. Dvorak

Old 03-22-2017, 09:39 AM

2,518 posts, read 5,357,944 times
Just one - Andrew Sandoval's 'Come to the Sunshine.'

Old 05-21-2017, 04:07 PM

2,695 posts, read 3,773,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BereniceUK View Post
Just one - Andrew Sandoval's 'Come to the Sunshine.'
I like this one, I just don't listen to it often enough.

I listen to podcasts only occasionally, mostly related to politics or music. It just depends.

Old 05-21-2017, 07:39 PM

965 posts, read 939,222 times
Yes! I loved the first Serial.

Ilike all of these from the watch and talk: The Watch and Talk – film and tv podcast network

The podcasts: Podcasts – The Watch and Talk
Especially the Dead inside Show

And...
The Quite often raunchy: Save It For the Show

This makes me laugh, and sob: https://www.apmpodcasts.org/ttfa/

Old 05-21-2017, 10:03 PM

26,143 posts, read 19,846,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by User1771
I was wondering if anyone listen to Podcasts or anything like that? What are some of your favorites?
I dont have an Ipod or anything like it,but I listen to podcasts online and my favourite are the ones put out by www.twowayradioforum.com..... (I love radio)

Old 05-21-2017, 10:40 PM

12,042 posts, read 8,425,882 times
I just discovered the addictive quality of podcast listening this winter while looking for educational lectures. Now I've gone all to the dogs and use them for entertainment.

I really enjoy "Those Conspiracy Guys." If you can stand the eff word in every other sentence you will find their speculations and conversations about famous conspiracies amusing. They are also bright young men and pretty well-informed about the history behind conspiracies so I still am learning something useless though it may be.

"Mysterious Matters for Those who Dare to Think"
"True Crime Garage."
"Beyond the Darkness" if it doesn't veer too far into mothman/bigfoot land
and
"Dan Carlin's Hard-core History"

Anything with a solid basis in history or psychology is interesting to me.

Old 05-22-2017, 07:49 PM

3,861 posts, read 3,153,772 times
Im still exploring. Gotta love it! Fm Radio is dead. I was a big stern fan , since the 80. Some of his shows are posted on SC.

Im from nyc, and favor the hip hop themed shows, my very favorites,

Tkkirkland, bodega boys, comeonson with ed lover,drink champs on youtube, starpower w star , and the joebudden podcast.

I do listen in to the suggested sites like jtrain, and others.

Ggn news with snoop dog is very good.

Old 08-16-2017, 02:29 AM

3,861 posts, read 3,153,772 times
There is a podcast that I am loving right now. TK Kirklands podcast is very entertaining and informative. He is the male answer to Dear Abbey. Very insightful discussions, down to earth, revolving around relationships. Check It OUT!

Most of his advice promotes getting your self ready, and set , to avoid pitfalls that face many relationships. A man should set his place, build his bank, be healthy and fit, and a leader. A women should do the same, ready herself to be independent without a man, before she gets committed in a relationship.

his advice makes too much sense.

Old 11-13-2017, 12:33 PM

9,352 posts, read 20,032,749 times
Reviving this thread again....

I have discovered Story Corps.... it is FANTASTIC.... and most are just 15 to 30 minutes or so, so if you have a short drive, they are perfect......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Radio