Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Radio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-07-2010, 12:14 AM

2,245 posts, read 4,232,577 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Time and Space View Post
Which one do you think resignates with more people?

I've listened to them both...and although both are on the right...they attract different listeners...

Rush is more like a large SUV....
Savage is more like a Pantera sports car...

What do you think?
I do not like either. Neither are "conservative".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2010, 10:17 AM

3,359 posts, read 7,325,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Read Culture of Critique View Post
I do not like either. Neither are "conservative".
Savage would get a brain anerism if he heard you suggest he wasn't a conservative

Old 03-07-2010, 11:00 AM

4,696 posts, read 5,823,807 times
Quote:
Savage would get a brain anerism if he heard you suggest he wasn't a conservative
In his younger years it sounds like he was the liberal hippie type...but that was long ago.

He classifies himself as an "independent conservative", He is not in lock step with the GOP...he is often further to the right. This makes his show more interesting because he doesn't just read talking points, he has a mind of his own.

Old 03-07-2010, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay F View Post
In his younger years it sounds like he was the liberal hippie type...but that was long ago.

He classifies himself as an "independent conservative", He is not in lock step with the GOP...he is often further to the right. This makes his show more interesting because he doesn't just read talking points, he has a mind of his own.
Yes, and he's been banned from entering Britian...they have put him on the same list that terrorist occupy...and he's outraged over this...

Savage has a way of cutting bridges, that's one reason Fox has turned on him, non of the other Conservitave talk show host will even acknowledge him...poor guy...

Old 03-09-2010, 08:16 AM

31,304 posts, read 32,886,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bs13690 View Post
Neither, I hope. They are both loud mouths who are only interested in prompting themselves.
I agree!

If I wanted to listen to an opinion on the radio about issues of the day, neither of these two (commentators) would qualify as a creditable source for it. They don’t provide news with truth and facts only their personal opinion wrong as it may be.

Old 03-09-2010, 11:32 AM

3,727 posts, read 6,224,716 times
Rush is more focused on partisan political issues, Savage is more abrasive and makes no attempt to hide his hatred and contempt for the left on a more broad based number of topics. To make some comparisons, Rush is quite a bit like Hannity, while Savage may be somewhat similar to perhaps Mark Levin. Both men are to the right of O'Reilly.

Old 03-09-2010, 06:34 PM

Comparisons are fun...if I may continue with it a bit...

If Rush is King Kong, Savage is Godzilla Mark Lavin is that Gian turtle that spins around as it flys...

If Rush Limbaugh is a battle ship...Michael Savage is a stealthy cruiser equipted with heat seeking missles...

If Rush is a St Bernard, Savage is a pit bull

If Rush is Disney world, Savage is Disney Land...

If Rush the Sith Lord from Star Wars, Sean Hannity is Darth Vader...his apprentice. And Savage is General Grievious (half human, half droid)...

If Rush is Darth Vader, Savage is Darth Maul (Double bladed saber)

And finally, if Rush is the Grand Canyon, Savage is the streams and rivers that carve it up...

Old 03-10-2010, 07:57 AM

4,923 posts, read 11,189,652 times
Quote:
Comparisons are fun...if I may continue with it a bit...

If Rush is King Kong, Savage is Godzilla Mark Lavin is that Gian turtle that spins around as it flys...

If Rush Limbaugh is a battle ship...Michael Savage is a stealthy cruiser equipted with heat seeking missles...

If Rush is a St Bernard, Savage is a pit bull

If Rush is Disney world, Savage is Disney Land...

If Rush the Sith Lord from Star Wars, Sean Hannity is Darth Vader...his apprentice. And Savage is General Grievious (half human, half droid)...

If Rush is Darth Vader, Savage is Darth Maul (Double bladed saber)

And finally, if Rush is the Grand Canyon, Savage is the streams and rivers that carve it up...
Funny!

I would disagree with one minor point...

...there's nothing "stealthy" about Savage.

Old 03-12-2010, 01:38 PM

11,798 posts, read 25,189,686 times
Referring back to the thread title, neither of them speaks for me.

Old 03-12-2010, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by catman View Post
Referring back to the thread title, neither of them speaks for me.
Good for you....

I mean I sometimes want to gag when I hear their listeners call up and say stuff like 'Oh Rush, me and my husband owe so much to you'...

Or 'Dr Savage, I listen to you religiously everyday, you have changed my life!'....

I don't think so...I learned all I need to about the basics of life from my parents, and through my own evaluations...Rush and or Savage haven't added a bit of enlightment to any area of my life...what they do add is entertainment and at times annoyance...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Radio