Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-22-2007, 10:48 AM

31 posts, read 117,710 times

Advertisements

We are a very personable, middle 60's couple who retired to beatiful West Virginia 11 years ago from Maryland. We love our surroundings and the people are marvelous, however, we are ready to make a move to NC to be closer to our daughter who lives in the the Bedford community near Falls of Neuse. We are looking for a home with 1/2 to 1 acre, master bedroom on first floor in a social community. Our housing limit is $325,000 and we want to be sure the builder is reputable and would prefer to live in Franklin or Granville since their cost of living is lower than in Wake County. We've heard so many pros and cons on several of the communities we asked about that now we are totally confused. Can anyone lead us to a community that may be suited to our situation? The communities we are considering are The Preserve at Smith Creek, Spencer's Gate and Tananger Farms any info on these or others would sure help a lot.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2007, 08:41 PM

54 posts, read 193,833 times
Hmmmm. Thought I would bump this up for you. I used to Live near Bedford, and think it will be tough to find something in Wake County in that price range on 1 acre near Bedford. I have heard good things about The Preserve at Smith Creek, and while not really far away, I don't know if I would call it close to Bedford. How close are you trying to be? By Looking at Granville and Franklin you definitely are lowering the price of land so you should be able to get the 1 acre for the price you have in mind, but that is moving you further out.

Old 06-22-2007, 11:25 PM

381 posts, read 1,326,150 times
Default Some thoughts

If you stay with 1/2 acre in Franklin Co, I think you can stick within your price range - assuming you're not looking for a gigantic house.

I don't have any good tips for builders doing lots that size in the area right now, though. I haven't really looked that far out in a little bit.

Good luck,
Mike

Old 06-23-2007, 08:03 AM

653 posts, read 2,987,917 times
All three are good choices, with very pretty, country settings, and within 20 minutes of Bedford.

I sat onsite at Tanager Farms for a while as a relief agent, and I still do some onsite work for DenMark at other sites as well. That is beautiful countryside, they have great lots, and I am impressed with the quality construction. I don't think they have any lots as big as an acre, they're closer to a half acres, but most are nice and private. They have some great ranch plans with big bonus rooms, too, if you're looking for fewer stairs, which is hard to find around here in a new home.

Feel free to pm me for more details, and good luck!

Old 06-23-2007, 08:18 AM

4,606 posts, read 7,692,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeheel View Post
If you stay with 1/2 acre in Franklin Co, I think you can stick within your price range - assuming you're not looking for a gigantic house.

I don't have any good tips for builders doing lots that size in the area right now, though. I haven't really looked that far out in a little bit.

Good luck,
Mike
their are tons!and in Granville.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary