Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2015, 08:38 AM

119 posts, read 318,535 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrnull View Post
I also have a maid that I've used for a while now who is VERY reliable and very affordable. She does a wonderful job. She lives in Angier, but I live in Cary, so I'm sure she would venture out to most areas. Let me know if you'd like her information.
I would like to know her contact information as well. I also live in Cary and have a single family house.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2015, 08:42 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,249,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoBromhal View Post
4000 sqft every 2 weeks you should plan on $150+ each time.
Yeah. Ours is just over that. Sounds accurate, given the areas we get cleaned.

Old 07-08-2015, 06:12 PM

9,360 posts, read 14,099,574 times
BTW, I think a better term is "house cleaner" or "cleaning service".

Old 07-09-2015, 08:49 AM

2,492 posts, read 3,030,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luv4horses View Post
BTW, I think a better term is "house cleaner" or "cleaning service".
I prefer domestic engineer

Old 07-09-2015, 11:29 AM

640 posts, read 1,987,054 times
Keeping this thread alive! I've read through the thread, just FYI.

I'm looking for any recommendations, including via Private Messages, for house cleaning. I have a 1400 sq.ft. house in Clayton, just built.
Due to health reasons, I'm unable to do much cleaning.

I'd like maybe an individual who is proud of what he/does, or maybe someone with a crew -- you know, not a chain company. Sometimes word-of-mouth gets the best results, and can get a person or smaller company new business .

I'm interested in eco-friendly cleaning. I'd buy the supplies to give to someone to use if they don't use those kinds of products, but have no idea which cleaning items are truly eco-friendly. Product advertising can be misleading, & an ingredient may be harmful that I'm not aware of.

I'd appreciate any help, advice, suggestions. We've been here a couple months, still unpacking, and would love an initial deep-cleaning done. We're getting two rescue cats in a few weeks, that's a big reason for not wanting toxic or harsh chemicals used on floors or furniture.

Price & reputation matter. I'm not cheap, want to pair a fair price for a job well done.

I have no idea what a house my size would cost; the homes in this thread are much larger than mine.

Thanks for reading

Old 07-09-2015, 11:51 AM

4,639 posts, read 6,380,419 times
"How much should I expect to pay for maid service?"

Approximately half your net worth at time of divorce!

Old 07-10-2015, 08:59 AM

248 posts, read 494,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jane0218 View Post
Keeping this thread alive! I've read through the thread, just FYI.

I'm looking for any recommendations, including via Private Messages, for house cleaning. I have a 1400 sq.ft. house in Clayton, just built.
Due to health reasons, I'm unable to do much cleaning.

I'd appreciate any help, advice, suggestions. We've been here a couple months, still unpacking, and would love an initial deep-cleaning done. We're getting two rescue cats in a few weeks, that's a big reason for not wanting toxic or harsh chemicals used on floors or furniture.

Honestly I think if you have health reasons that prevent you from cleaning the house, you should not be considering adding pets to your household. I feel some sort of new TLC series coming on from this.

Old 07-10-2015, 09:31 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,249,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smokijoo View Post
Honestly I think if you have health reasons that prevent you from cleaning the house, you should not be considering adding pets to your household. I feel some sort of new TLC series coming on from this.
I have some neck/shoulder issues and I work FT, so we hire a cleaning service.

We have 3 rescue cats. We also have several litter boxes (because one of them is pretty old now and our house is on the large side).

My husband and eldest son are on litter detail, but they aren't going to clean a whole house.

I think there's nothing wrong with having pets, even if you're not able to regularly scrub floors.

Old 07-10-2015, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokijoo View Post
Huh?

I didn't state what my health issue is. I've had dogs and cats for pets since I was a child, have cared for them myself. I know what goes into caring for pets. My health issue will not in any way affect my ability to care for pets.
It only affects my ability to clean the house regularly.

You don't know anything about me; I know what I can handle, I'm an adult. Can we please stay on topic? Thanks!

Old 07-10-2015, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
I have some neck/shoulder issues and I work FT, so we hire a cleaning service.

We have 3 rescue cats. We also have several litter boxes (because one of them is pretty old now and our house is on the large side).

My husband and eldest son are on litter detail, but they aren't going to clean a whole house.

I think there's nothing wrong with having pets, even if you're not able to regularly scrub floors.
Thanks so much for commenting! I appreciate the validation .

I don't know how in the world a topic about looking for a house cleaner can get side-tracked by someone who doesn't even know me, and they start talking about my plans for pets.

Thanks again!
THIS TOPIC IS ABOUT LOOKING FOR HOUSE CLEANING SERVICES.

Repost of my original comment before topic got side-tracked:

I have a 1400 sq. ft. home, need to find a person or company that is reliable, cleans great, and doesn't charge an arm and a leg. I'm not cheap, I want to pay a fair price.

I would like eco-friendly products used, but I don't know much about that, so wouldn't know what products to purchase to give to a person/company that doesn't use eco-friendly products.

Any advice, suggestions, recommendations I'll accept gladly, as long as they are on this topic .

Also send me a PM if you prefer to do that. Thanks for reading!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary