Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2010, 06:46 PM

1,168 posts, read 2,504,570 times

Advertisements

Is anyone else on the "sprint network" having any issues making and receiving phone calls in the morrisville area?

I've called Sprint 6 times in the last 24 hours. The first time I called they told me there was a single tower outage that would be repaired at 12am (on Aug 31st). At 10am, when my phone still wasn't functioning I called again only to tell me that there was still an outage but it was now going to be repaired at 1pm. At 3pm i called yet again because my phone still was not working properly and was then told there is still an outage and they didn't have an ETA to when the problem was going to be fixed.

Sorry about the rant everyone but I am reaching my wits end with Sprint.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2010, 08:17 PM

843 posts, read 2,100,988 times
Working just fine in Durham.... like always....

Old 09-07-2010, 03:13 PM

1 posts, read 2,408 times
We have had the same issue! We have been told there is a tower out due to a storm and as of yesterday they are estimating that it will take another 24-72 hours to repair. They have told us that it is affecting 3 zip codes 27519 and we're not sure of the other 2. Let us know if you get yours fixed, thanks. Very poor service from sprint when something goes wrong, that is for sure.

Old 09-07-2010, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crapemyrtle View Post
We have had the same issue! We have been told there is a tower out due to a storm and as of yesterday they are estimating that it will take another 24-72 hours to repair. They have told us that it is affecting 3 zip codes 27519 and we're not sure of the other 2. Let us know if you get yours fixed, thanks. Very poor service from sprint when something goes wrong, that is for sure.
Coverage at the house (27560) seems to be ok. This whole situation has just irritated me with sprint.

Old 09-08-2010, 09:36 PM

4 posts, read 9,266 times
We have had the same problem since August 31st. I have called a bunch of times and they told me a tower was down and no estimated repair time. They won't credit you until the tower is fixed. Yet I just received a bill and it hasn't been working at my house at all. We live in Morrisville 27560. Many others in my apt complex are having the same problem with sprint. Our phones won't even stay charged. Must be trying to connect to no avail.

Old 09-08-2010, 09:52 PM

I just called again. (From my computer using gmail--you can call anyone for FREE) They said it should be fixed within the next 72 hours. If not, I should call back. We should all keep calling...maybe they will try to fix it faster. This is such an inconvenience because I do not have a land-line.

Old 09-08-2010, 09:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilkulis View Post
We have had the same problem since August 31st. I have called a bunch of times and they told me a tower was down and no estimated repair time. They won't credit you until the tower is fixed. Yet I just received a bill and it hasn't been working at my house at all. We live in Morrisville 27560. Many others in my apt complex are having the same problem with sprint. Our phones won't even stay charged. Must be trying to connect to no avail.
Yeah. I thought mine had been fixed but appears it isn't. I told Sprint today that if it isnt fixed by this Friday I am canceling my and my wife's sprint accounts.

They advised me to power off my phone and remove the battery for atleast 2 minutes once a day to reconnect to the network. I informed them that I felt it was completely unacceptable that I would have to do this to try and fix the problem.

Old 09-10-2010, 05:59 PM

I still don't have service!! Is anybody else still having trouble?

Old 09-10-2010, 06:01 PM

43,292 posts, read 77,129,965 times
I was unable to get phone service in my office, on Kildaire Farm Rd, yesterday afternoon and this afternoon.
4G, yes.
Phone service? Not at all.

Old 09-10-2010, 06:29 PM

We had a signal for a little while yesterday. Calls didn't come in. But texts and calls could go out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary