Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2010, 09:17 PM

9,848 posts, read 30,289,282 times

Advertisements

I compiled this list of Christmas Events for my blog and thought I would share it here as well. I tried to get everything I could think of, but I'm sure I missed some stuff so please feel free to add to the list! Have fun, there's lots to do!

2010 List of Christmas Events in the Triangle

Parades
Raleigh Christmas Parade - November 20th 9:30am (info)

Durham Holiday Funfest Parade - December 4th 1:00pm (info (http://www.ci.durham.nc.us/departments/parks/holiday_fun_fest.cfm - broken link))

Apex Christmas Parade - December 4th (info)

Garner Christmas Parade - December 4th 10:00am (info)

Fuquay-Varina Christmas Parade - December 5th 3:00pm (info)

Cary Christmas Parade - December 11th 2:00pm (info)

Chapel Hill / Carrboro Holiday Parade - December 11th 10am-12pm (info)

Wake Forest Christmas Parade - December 11th 1:00pm (info (http://www.wakeforestdowntown.com/drc/special_events.asp - broken link))

Holly Springs Christmas Parade - December 11th 11:00am (info (http://www.hollyspringsnc.us/about/parade.htm - broken link))

Clayton Christmas Parade - December 11th 2:00pm (info)

Tree Lighting

North Hills Tree Lighting (Raleigh) - November 20th 6:00pm (info (http://www.northhillsraleigh.com/news/3258/ - broken link))

Chapel Hill Community Tree Lighting - Novermber 28th (info (http://www.downtownchapelhill.com/onecol.php?s=fun&ss=Winter+Holidays&det=7 - broken link))

Clayton's Live Village and Tree Lighting - December 2nd 6-8:30pm (info)

Fuquay Varina Tree Lighting and Sleigh Rides - December 2nd (info)

Lighting of Wake Forest: Friday, December 3, 2010 6-8:00pm (info)

Garner's "Light up on Main" Friday December 3 6-8:00pm (info)

Raleigh City-Plaza Treet Lighting - December 4 (info)

Cary Christmas Tree Lighting Ceremony December 4th ((Info)

Governor's Christmas Tree Lighting at the NC State Capitol Building - December 9th 5-7:30pm (info)

Holiday Concerts / Performances

Raleigh Boy Choir - Caroling at Cameron Village - November 18 6-8:00pm (info)

Christmas Carol - Durham Performing Arts Center - December 3-5 (info)

Triangle Gay Men's Chorus "Warmest Wishes" Christmas Concert - December 5th (Durham) 3:00pm & December 11th (Raleigh) 8:00pm (info)

Raleigh Ringers Christmas Concert - Progress Energy Center - December 11th (info)

Vince Gill and Amy Grant Christmas Concert - Durham Performing Arts Center - December 14 (info)

Nutcracker Ballet - Progress Energy Center - December 17-26th (info)

Raleigh Boy Choir Christmas Concernt - United Methodist Chruch December 17th 7:30m (info)

Moscow Ballet Nut Cracker - Durham Performing Arts Center - December 22 (info)

Fuquay Varina Christmas Jazz Concert w/ Gerald Parker Jazz Orchestra -7-9:00pm (info (http://www.fuquay-varina.org/parks/downloads/December%209%20Concert-1.pdf - broken link))

Holiday Historic Home Tours

Wake Forest Historic Home Holiday Tour - December 4th 2-8:00pm (info)

Historic Oakwood Candlelight Tour (Raleigh) - December 11-12th 1-7:00pm (info (http://www.historicoakwood.org/candlelight/candlelighttour2010.php - broken link))

Historic Wendell Candlelight Tour - December 18th 3-8:00pm (info)

Other Holiday Events

Downtown Raleigh Ice Skating Rink Opens (Day Long Event) - December 4th 4-11:00pm (info)

Wake Forest: Pictures with Santa - December 4 December 11
Free photo opportunity. Santa will be in Downtown Wake Forest to visit with children and listen to their holiday wishes. Bring your camera and take your own shots. (info)

Cary Bond Park Snow Sledding - December 4
Bring your sled and come dressed to play at this unique Winter Wonderland experience in Cary’s Bond Park. Over the course of two days, Snow My Yard will make snow for you to enjoy on the popular sledding slope at Bond Park. Pre-registration is necessary. (Info)

Last edited by North_Raleigh_Guy; 11-07-2010 at 09:44 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2010, 03:57 AM

36,499 posts, read 54,093,051 times
thanks so much. you are a generous man.

Old 11-08-2010, 05:06 AM

1,112 posts, read 2,865,120 times
great list one addition I would suggest is the Duke Chapel carol service which always gets great reviews

Old 11-08-2010, 06:51 AM

1,611 posts, read 4,848,568 times
There will be a rink at North Hills with lot sof events, too

Old 11-08-2010, 02:15 PM

1,877 posts, read 5,344,148 times
Did you forget Hillsborough's Candlelight Tour? You were just there!

23rd Annual Hillsborough Christmas Candlelight Tour

Old 11-08-2010, 07:01 PM

205 posts, read 487,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYer View Post
There will be a rink at North Hills with lot sof events, too
Well, kind of. The "rink" is a 15x15 area of smooth plastic (or something) that kids can scoot around on. Not exactly the stuff holiday memories are made of, but perfect for distracting the kids while mom has a latte. Of course, that latte will cost you, cuz you'll be expected to rent the skates the kids are entertaining themselves with.... but hey. It's North Hills.

But I don't want to be remiss in my manners -- THANK YOU North_Raleigh_Guy for this awesome list! I'll be referring to it often this holiday season!

Old 11-09-2010, 05:47 AM

814 posts, read 2,007,444 times
What? A Christmas list without TIP's "Christmas Carol"? Blasphemy! Even if Ira David Wood is not in it this year, it is still a Christmas Tradition.

And NRG, follow the Triangle ArtWorks "arts calenders" Twitter list and you will not miss a holiday event!

Old 11-09-2010, 05:58 AM

477 posts, read 1,419,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Usedtobe VaNC View Post
What? A Christmas list without TIP's "Christmas Carol"? Blasphemy! Even if Ira David Wood is not in it this year, it is still a Christmas Tradition.

And NRG, follow the Triangle ArtWorks "arts calenders" Twitter list and you will not miss a holiday event!
He got the DPAC performances, just missed the ones at Memorial in Raleigh. Here is a link to all Christmas Carol performances.
A Christmas Carol | Holiday Special Event in Raleigh NC (http://www.theatreinthepark.com/a_christmas_carol_special_event.html - broken link)

Thanks for the fantastic listing, NRG!

Old 11-09-2010, 07:11 AM

1,994 posts, read 5,963,324 times
Triangle Youth Ballet performance of the Nutcracker
Chapel Hill Dec 4th-5th
Durham Dec 11th-12th
The Nutcracker

Old 11-09-2010, 07:36 AM

545 posts, read 1,605,625 times
Maybe not technically the Triangle but, don't foget Lights on the Neuse:
LIGHTS ON THE NEUSE – A Christmas theme park with a Christmas lights tour, an old-fashioned sweet shoppe, Christmas hayride and more Christmas themed attractions

Also, the Vince Gill/Amy Grant DPAC show is sold out, but they will also be in Fayetteville on 12/17 if you missed out. Tickets just went on sale Saturday, so there's probably some left. I got mine! They are also in Greensboro, but I don't know the details on that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary