Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2011, 04:00 PM

334 posts, read 867,754 times

Advertisements

Wake Forest is the urban sprawl of North Raleigh. I have lived here in WF for 7 years. Strip malls and bumper to bumper traffic to and from work.
On the plus side.............................................h mm let me get back to you on that.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2011, 04:18 PM

441 posts, read 1,292,181 times
Where is this traffic, an hour in the morning / evening on capital, please this is nothing, go to NY. I travel to RDU everyday.

Old 11-30-2011, 04:20 PM

334 posts, read 867,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dchz1 View Post
Where is this traffic, an hour in the morning / evening on capital, please this is nothing, go to NY. I travel to RDU everyday.
'Go to NY?' No thanks.

Old 11-30-2011, 04:39 PM

441 posts, read 1,292,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rdanville View Post
'Go to NY?' No thanks.
I agree with you

Old 11-30-2011, 08:51 PM

1,036 posts, read 1,953,986 times
No, the traffic here isn't as bad as it is in NY, or many other cities. But it will be if the area keeps growing exponentially. I think that's what worries most residents who've been here for a while and wanted to live in a small town where it was easy to get around.

Old 12-01-2011, 11:50 PM

334 posts, read 626,253 times
Default drive in to Raleigh

Quote:
Originally Posted by CK in NC View Post
Sorry, I didn't really give pros and cons, but one persons pro could be another person's con anyway.
It's a very nice place, there is plenty to do. I think the only real con is the drive if you are going to be driving to RTP or the airport when the rest of Wake Forest is.

540??? try 98 to six forks or creedmore and knock a good ten min off that drive. 540 is a total joke and 40 is a nightmare to RTP, sodon't geton it until you have to and from the forrest, you have those two good choices. the unfortunate dr is if you're headed downtown it's capitol and if you hit that worng, it's road rage.

Old 12-04-2011, 11:12 AM

4,532 posts, read 8,873,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LPnerd View Post
540??? try 98 to six forks or creedmore and knock a good ten min off that drive. 540 is a total joke and 40 is a nightmare to RTP, sodon't geton it until you have to and from the forrest, you have those two good choices. the unfortunate dr is if you're headed downtown it's capitol and if you hit that worng, it's road rage.
Yeah, but if you pick up Atlantic Ave near Bj's off Capital, you have a straight drive to downtown with traffic that moves.

Old 12-05-2011, 11:43 PM

351 posts, read 770,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkCanWrite View Post
No, the traffic here isn't as bad as it is in NY, or many other cities. But it will be if the area keeps growing exponentially. I think that's what worries most residents who've been here for a while and wanted to live in a small town where it was easy to get around.
And the residents should be worried with the current Planning Board and Board of Commissioners. Every time a request comes up to rezone commercial property to high-density multi-family they just rubber-stamp it. Considering the results of the last election this is only going to get worse.

So much for their empty-promises of attracting business and bringing jobs to Wake Forest...

Old 08-28-2012, 11:19 AM

14,268 posts, read 18,941,073 times
I would also like to ask a question about Wake Forest. On some of the other threads there is discussion about airport noise in Raleigh and Cary. What about Wake Forest? I've been looking at a map of the Raleigh area and originally focused on Fuquay-Varina, but I want to be closer to Duke. I am single, female and "mature." LOL I like that word. Actually, I'm quite silly for an over-60 senior. I live in Florida now and it's boring. I eat yogurt when I need some culture in my life. Retiring to an area with an excellent medical center and a prestigious university (that offers free courses to senior citizens) sounds very appealing to me. I was told not to move to Durham, although it looks interesting. I need to consider the source, however. I'll leave it at that.

Old 08-28-2012, 01:54 PM

569 posts, read 1,978,637 times
Except for the occasional military jet or helicopter flying over, no airport noise in Wake Forest. I am just west of Capital Blvd in Wake Forest and Duke Medical Center is around a half hour drive. I am not aware of any in person classes at Duke that are free for seniors, just the non-credit online classes that are free for everyone. As for Durham, it has good sections and bad sections. The bad sections are pretty bad(for around here), but the good sections are very nice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary