Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2010, 01:31 PM

43,266 posts, read 77,063,738 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by meanieme View Post
Giorgio closed down? it felt just like yesterday when i read that he was closing george's garage to open the one in Cary.....how long did that even last? seems like that place is cursed...a new restaurant in that building every year
It was a negotiated purchase of the building, and Giorgio was agreeable to move on.
I don't think it is a "cursed" location. I think it is a "poor" location despite the traffic, and a dated building.

If the Greczyn's can make it go with a pizza joint, more power to them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2010, 01:55 PM

455 posts, read 918,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post
It was a negotiated purchase of the building, and Giorgio was agreeable to move on.
I don't think it is a "cursed" location. I think it is a "poor" location despite the traffic, and a dated building.

If the Greczyn's can make it go with a pizza joint, more power to them.
It was a pizza joint like two restaurants or so ago (Mama Mia's).

Old 12-29-2010, 02:05 PM

1,177 posts, read 2,340,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGMayor View Post
i can't recall what it was 10 years ago when i moved into that area but it has gone through at least 5 changes.....i think someone mentioned jaspers which i recall as one of them

Old 12-29-2010, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGMayor View Post
Under-capitalized and patrons were underserved. We were there twice, liked the food OK, but the service was less than amateur.
One of the quickest ways to kill a business and then blame the location.

Old 12-29-2010, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meanieme View Post
i can't recall what it was 10 years ago when i moved into that area but it has gone through at least 5 changes.....i think someone mentioned jaspers which i recall as one of them
Jaspers
Chuck 'em
Ocean Grille
Mamma Mia's

What are we missing?

Old 12-29-2010, 02:32 PM

9,144 posts, read 14,753,437 times
I think that's it. It just sat empty for a while between Chuck Em and Ocean Grille.

Old 12-29-2010, 02:58 PM

310 posts, read 575,363 times
I have no idea what it was, but assuming it was a resturaunt I'm not surprised that Chuck 'em failed. It would take alot to get me to eat at a place named 'Chuck 'em.'

Old 12-29-2010, 03:38 PM

118 posts, read 345,339 times
Nice! Here's the story. Looks like we still have at least another 6 months to wait though!

Mellow Mushroom Sprouting in Cary | CaryCitizen

Old 12-29-2010, 04:37 PM

542 posts, read 1,524,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HS_DUDE View Post
Went once to the one in downtown Raleigh. Wasn't impressed.

Thought the food was WAY overpriced for the quality/taste. Just a personal preference, I guess!
Agreed, I have had better frozen pizza. Kudos to them for being able to sale a substandard product to an easily pleased public though. My guess is that it has a lot to do with their "hippy" atmosphere that makes the yuppies that frequent the place feel like they are back in college and on their way to a Phish concert for the one or two hours they are at dinner.

Mike

Old 12-29-2010, 04:47 PM

455 posts, read 918,762 times
I've never heard of Chuck 'em - It was Mama Mia before Ocean Grille I believe.. I never ate there as MM, but my old boss was all upset because he got pizza there for his family every friday night and apparently they loved it *shrug*.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary