Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-09-2011, 11:04 AM

8,411 posts, read 7,427,057 times

Advertisements

We are headed to Disney in Orlando for 2 weeks during Spring break. Can anyone recommend a good pet resort that isn't to high in price around Cary or Morrisville? I have a small dog and will need to have him there while we are gone.

If anyone has been to Orlando, would it be better to take our dog down with us and find a resort there?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2011, 11:09 AM

22 posts, read 51,250 times
Camp Bow Wow Camp Bow Wow® - Cary - Home

Old 02-09-2011, 12:38 PM

9,146 posts, read 14,773,090 times
We take our dogs to Camp Canine off James Jackson www.campcanine.com , but you will need to plan ahead as they aren't set up for last minute boarding.

Old 02-09-2011, 04:25 PM

554 posts, read 1,155,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherifftruman View Post
We take our dogs to Camp Canine off James Jackson www.campcanine.com , but you will need to plan ahead as they aren't set up for last minute boarding.

My first post here . . . this dog camp looks fabulous!! We are moving to Cary next week and pet sitting is one of my first concerns. Can you tell me how affordable this camp is? There is no access to pricing until I send a letter of intent, apparently. Is neutering required? I imagine it might be- although not an option for two of my dogs (show). Any additional info you can provide would be appreciated! Thanks!!

Old 02-10-2011, 03:44 PM

12,626 posts, read 32,079,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Singlelady10 View Post
We are headed to Disney in Orlando for 2 weeks during Spring break. Can anyone recommend a good pet resort that isn't to high in price around Cary or Morrisville? I have a small dog and will need to have him there while we are gone.

If anyone has been to Orlando, would it be better to take our dog down with us and find a resort there?
I do pet sitting in my home in the Orlando area. I sent you a DM if you are interested.

Old 02-11-2011, 04:53 AM

1,521 posts, read 2,766,377 times
Also curious about pricing for camp canine....kind of stupid how they have it set up, this is a saturated market, blocking entry isn't a very good thing.

I go to camp bow wow and love it. Our dog always is excited when she shows up, and when she gets home she is completely tired from playing all day. They ave a GREAT pickup and drop off policy where its by day, not time. So you can drop off at 7am Monday, and pick up 7pm Tuesday, and only Get charged one day. This keeps me coming back. They have cameras too (which is mandatory fr me as I always check in, kinda crazy). Cameras need a bit of updating for better quality but at their rates, I'm more than happy.

Old 02-11-2011, 08:31 AM

9,146 posts, read 14,773,090 times
From what I can tell, Camp Canine is about full to capacity so they don't have as much problem limiting customers. The owner is pretty set in the way she wants to do things and much of it involves health of the dogs. They do require spay/neuter if the dog is over a certain age but I can't remember the exact age.

The one thing I do wish they had was web camera access they have tons of them you can see when you are I there but they are afraid people might freak out if they see dogs playing vigorously which probably does look like fighting if you only have one dog and are not used to it.

I like the fact that they have so much outside area to let the dogs run around in. When we started taking the dogs there 9-10 years ago, there were not too many options but none that are around now have much of an outside play area I have seen. We have 3 Basenjis and they love to run at crazy speed outside and would be miserable without some outside access.

I would call them and see about pricing and if they would make an exception to the spay policy on a show dog.

Old 02-11-2011, 04:18 PM

381 posts, read 1,326,101 times
Camp Canine looks pretty interesting. I may look into it.

We've also been happy with Camp Bow Wow. One of the nicer "owner-friendly" conveniences is that you can watch your dog on a webcam while they play in common areas during the day. That's a nice touch. Also, the common areas inside open to fenced outside areas. The dogs have their own area at night and are given kongs full of treats.

We've also used Dogtopia a time or two. They have a very interactive and enthusiastic staff. The only problem I had with them was that they don't have an outside area, so they have to actually take the dogs out on a leash.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary