Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2011, 04:57 PM

1,036 posts, read 3,194,381 times

Advertisements

Ludo Lefebvre is turning Gravy into his pop-up restaurant LudoBites on March 24.

a menu to gross out vegetarians (yours truly included):

Fried pig ear with chili and lime mayonnaise.

"Head and cheese" (Pig head rillettes, cheddar cheese custard with barbecue jelly and a slice of country bread and pickled baby rainbow carrots)

Blood pig terrine served with blackberry salad and purple potato chips.

Crispy pork belly, mustard ice cream and a coleslaw made with savoy cabbage, potatoes, chive and smoked eel.

A 63-degree poached egg with potato mousseline and chopped barbecue from the Pit seasoned with chorizo oil and cumin.

Slices of salt-encrusted pork shoulder topped with a pork skin crumble and served with a Big Boss Bad Penny beer, five different cauliflower and pineapple.

And for dessert, two choices:

Smoked vanilla bean bacon creme brulee
A French-version of banana pudding with caramelized bananas and coconut macaroons and a secret ingredient.

Dare to guess the secret ingredient? I'm betting bacon-wrapped pork belly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2011, 10:13 AM

55 posts, read 148,506 times
Thanks for the heads up, but reservations are already full

Old 03-23-2011, 11:20 AM

4,478 posts, read 11,621,918 times
That menu would have grossed me out BEFORE I became a vegetarian!

Oy!

Old 03-23-2011, 12:11 PM

147 posts, read 427,679 times
I have my reservation already....will let you know what it was like on Friday morning. He was in my restaurant this week getting ready for the show. Really cool guy. Can't wait to taste the food.

Old 03-23-2011, 12:12 PM

The terrine is the only thing on the menu that has me a little bit nervous.

Old 03-23-2011, 03:41 PM

102 posts, read 205,376 times
LMAO...too funny

Quote:
Originally Posted by adlnc07 View Post
That menu would have grossed me out BEFORE I became a vegetarian!

Oy!

Old 03-23-2011, 07:12 PM

4,532 posts, read 8,872,448 times
Hmm, I first checked my calendar to be sure this isn't April 1st Agree with Adinc07...it grossed me out. I have developed many menu's over the yrs - used to have a hotel/catering career, and I come from the land of black (aka blood) pudding so generally am not surprised at this sort of thing. But, this menu is bloody horrible, it looks like a joke or, something from someone from Gordon Ramsey's show who didn't make it past the first week.

Thanks for sharing, it was interesting to hear about.

Old 03-24-2011, 06:30 AM

1,561 posts, read 5,159,571 times
Sometimes on that show they turn even the grossest things into something good. Maybe that was the point here? I dunno... that bacon dessert sounds great, but i'm not eating anything called "blood pig."
Sounds like an 80s metal band...

Old 03-24-2011, 07:41 AM

Know a guy who worked in the prep kitchen with him all day yesterday. He said everything was great tasting in the stages he was able to taste at. Said the Chef was ultra cool to work with and that the event should be a blast. He indicated that there were some twists that surprised him, but the flavors were really good. I've got my table reserved and will give full feed back from a panel of seven friends on Friday morning.

How can anyone turn their nose up to fried pig ears?!!? No pun intended.

Old 03-24-2011, 08:01 AM

533 posts, read 1,199,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaleighLass View Post
Hmm, I first checked my calendar to be sure this isn't April 1st Agree with Adinc07...it grossed me out. I have developed many menu's over the yrs - used to have a hotel/catering career, and I come from the land of black (aka blood) pudding so generally am not surprised at this sort of thing. But, this menu is bloody horrible, it looks like a joke or, something from someone from Gordon Ramsey's show who didn't make it past the first week.

Thanks for sharing, it was interesting to hear about.
Hmmm....I thought nose to tail cooking was becoming more popular (at least it is on Top Chef ), so I'm not necessarily surprised by the menu. The I think I'd pass on the terrine, but agree with a PP, the bacon creme brulee sounds good.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary