Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2007, 01:14 PM

31,683 posts, read 41,045,989 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnE1000 View Post
You damn right. I write software to protect this country from Bioterrorism attacks.

What do you do for living again!
Sir if you do in fact write software to protect us from a bioterroism attack I suspect the following.

You have a TS (top secret) clearance at a minimum and perhaps TS with Polygraph.
To disclose what you do in a public forum would probably be a breach of national security and put your clearance at risk.
May I strongly suggest that you apologize to Vicky before she puts her keen intellect and resourcefulness at work to identify who you are and expose this breach to DOD/FBI/DOE or any of the other agencies that grant clearances.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2007, 01:16 PM

310 posts, read 1,715,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TuborgP View Post
Sir if you do in fact write software to protect us from a bioterroism attack I suspect the following.

You have a TS (top secret) clearance at a minimum and perhaps TS with Polygraph.
To disclose what you do in a public forum would probably be a breach of national security and put your clearance at risk.
May I strongly suggest that you apologize to Vicky before she puts her keen intellect and resourcefulness at work to identify who you are and expose this breach to DOD/FBI/DOE or any of the other agencies that grant clearances.
You are wrong.

Old 08-01-2007, 01:47 PM

1,886 posts, read 4,816,202 times
I am sorry about the unfortunate situation you find yourself in.
I would like to point out that if you post in this (or any) internet forum asking for advice and the advice you receive in good faith from intelligent people who are only trying to help you is not the advice you hoped for in advance, that doesn't mean that the advice given is bad or wrong. Would you prefer to be told "don't worry, they sound like a fair and reasonable company to do business with, and you can handle them without representation" when based on YOUR account of the situation that's just not true?
I won't even get into the fact that a buyer's agent is paid by the seller, because you aren't really interested in anyone's advice.

Old 08-01-2007, 01:49 PM

5,524 posts, read 9,939,933 times
Quote:
You suggesting that I hire someone like you to reap 15K for few hours of work?!
How much will charge me per hour? I will hire you.

Before you jump on any conclusion. The reason that we didn't sign any papers is because my attorney advised me to have few addendums. Some of them are none negotiable for me. The associate had to send my addendums to the company attorney to review them.

I don't think the associate was promising me the earth and sky. Why would he do that? He spent many hours with me, and we met over 8 times. The reason this guy is left is unknown to me and unknown to you. So, don't jump to a conclusion based on no facts.

Whether I have an agent or not, I don't think the agent would be able to do anything. You are not a magician….are you
Wow...obviously you have been burned by realtors previously and judging by the way you just flew off the handle at an anonymous poster on a forum I am guessing you probably did the same with the Regional Manager and that is why he does not want to work with you. Or possibly the company attorney read your addendum and they decided not to take your business. Either way I am hoping you are not going to be living in my neighborhood as last thing I need is you standing on a soap box in the middle of the street telling the world of how you protect us all from bio terrorism. Good luck in your house hunt.

Old 08-01-2007, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funky Chicken View Post
I am sorry about the unfortunate situation you find yourself in.
I would like to point out that if you post in this (or any) internet forum asking for advice and the advice you receive in good faith from intelligent people who are only trying to help you is not the advice you hoped for in advance, that doesn't mean that the advice given is bad or wrong. Would you prefer to be told "don't worry, they sound like a fair and reasonable company to do business with, and you can handle them without representation" when based on YOUR account of the situation that's just not true?
I won't even get into the fact that a buyer's agent is paid by the seller, because you aren't really interested in anyone's advice.
I always look for unbiased opinions and from people who have no vested interest. If I don't need an opinion, then why did I post.
There are many people here who have good experience and wisdom, and they provide good and unbiased advice. Also, there are many people here who have vested interest and cannot provide honest or ethical opinion.

Old 08-01-2007, 02:28 PM
rfb

2,594 posts, read 6,357,618 times
Quote:
There are many people here who have good experience and wisdom, and they provide good and unbiased advice. Also, there are many people here who have vested interest and cannot provide honest or ethical opinion.
Seems like a gross generalization to imply that all real estate agents are dishonest and unethical. To the contrary, those who are on this board have shown themselves to be just the opposite - honest and ethical - on many occasions. They are simply providing their advice and opinions based on years of experience. It is, of course, your choice as to whether you want to accept what is being freely given.

Old 08-01-2007, 02:29 PM

31,683 posts, read 41,045,989 times
Default Us

I read a lot more then I post in here and I have found Vicky to be very helpful informed and willing to be non-biased. She clearly states that she is an agent. What I have learned from her and others is that a buyers agent is paid by the builder and not the buyer. If you think that not having an agent will save you money on the purchase price of the house then great. If that is not the case you have nothing to lose. We are buying from a small builder and our agent has been invaluable working with them. Tick me off you could lose one customer, tick her off you lose future customers. She made it clear she has builders she prefers to work with and others she would not let us buy from using her. She was well recommended and has made a number of clients happy. She has her own company and works word of mouth. From a management perspective you got burned and worked with the regional manager as a burned client. My only thought of merit is that an agent may have made sure you didn't get burned. We have things in our contract and things that the builder said they would do. If I want to be 100% certain they get done then I pay them the money and have it put in the contract. If it is something that they said they would just do then I have to take them at their word. My agent always says if they do it great and wow and if they don't then ok. If it is that important we pay for it and put it in the contract. I do know that all of our dealings with their agent have been very personable and a good time on a personal level. Have the agents worked together before? Yes! Do they like each other? Yes! Do they want to work together again? Yes! My builder will probably not sell me another house. I should add that my previous two houses in another state were built by the same builder with the same sales person 27 years apart. I walked in one day 22 years ago said hello and we began to chat. He asked me if wanted to buy a house I said oh no unless you make me an offer I can't refuse. He did I didn't. The reason was they knew I was easy to work with, was great PR for them and they would get more mileage and referrals from me and they did. I was good business for them. Hopefully this builder sees us as good business and so far I think they do. Oh yeah I am including my REAL ESTATE AGENT as part of US

Old 08-01-2007, 02:30 PM

4,606 posts, read 7,690,658 times
Default in all fairness...

He's already stated he has an attorney.

Old 08-01-2007, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rfb View Post
Seems like a gross generalization to imply that all real estate agents are dishonest and unethical. To the contrary, those who are on this board have shown themselves to be just the opposite - honest and ethical - on many occasions. They are simply providing their advice and opinions based on years of experience. It is, of course, your choice as to whether you want to accept what is being freely given.
Which part of my statement you found the gross generalization you are talking about?
There are people here -agents or not- who share their experience and wisdom, and there people who don't.

Old 08-01-2007, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by autumngal View Post
He's already stated he has an attorney.
Thank you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary