Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2012, 07:34 PM

9,848 posts, read 30,286,677 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by underPSI View Post
Exactly. I think it's fantastic that more jobs are being added and that our local economy is strong enough to allow an entrepreneur to open a new business.
I like jobs too. I'd just be more inclined to be excited about these new jobs if they were a result of a more interesting addition to the area vs. a fast food joint that is already within easy driving distance of the location. Kind of like the dissapointment most people feel when they see a CVS, Walgreens, and a Rite Aid all at the same intersection.

I don't want to see the place go out of business, but I'd be lying if I don't admit I would have prefered to see something else open up there. Kind of like how you would prefer there to be a gas station at that location (per your original post).

FWIW, here is a pic of the McDonald's in question. I drove by it this evening and noticed it is already pretty squared away on the inside. I expect it will be open for business within the next two weeks.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2012, 12:44 AM

1,733 posts, read 2,422,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StAndroid View Post
I honestly don't care what people eat. Heck, every now and then I go to McDonald's myself. However, there are already 4 other McDonald's within 4 miles of this location so it doesn't really feel like we need another. I have the same beef with Walgreens and CVS popping up on every corner.
Where else are people going to get their meds for cholesterol, diabetes, and blood pressure? Eat at Mcdonalds, then go to CVS and pick up some pills. They should just combine them to save the trip. Free shot of insulin when you super size your value meal.

In all honestly I love the taste of big macs and a filet of fish, but I haven't eaten there in more than 5 years. I am not a fast food person at all. Even the thought of Subway makes me sick, and don't get me started on Golden Corral. People just don't care what they put in their bodies, and a select few just don't understand.

Old 07-16-2012, 06:46 AM

8,159 posts, read 10,929,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North_Raleigh_Guy View Post
Isn't there one right down the street from North Hills at the intersection of Six Forks and Wake Forest Road?
There is, and it's not too far out of the way. That one is kind of an odd ball McDonalds with the parking situation, and having to climb the steep steps to get up to it. I'm always up early making a coffee run by 6:00 am, and they don't seem to be running smooth that time of day. Long waits in the drive thru that early is not the way I like to start my day. I usually go to Lake Boone Tr. I can get there and back just as fast anyway. The Beltline is very pleasant that time of day

Old 07-16-2012, 07:22 AM

2,835 posts, read 7,343,126 times
All I can say about this is:

Two all beef-patties
on a falls of Neuse road
Special sauce
Lights, traffic, and drive thru,
all on a sesame bun!

Ironic thing is it will be done and flipping burger before the Harris Teeter remodel has an entrance!

I guess it proves yet again 'Burger's R King'.....ops wrong beef!

Old 07-16-2012, 08:05 AM

875 posts, read 1,162,544 times
You know, with all the NY and NJ transplants I'm surprised no one has opened a White Castle in Raleigh.

Old 07-16-2012, 08:09 AM

181 posts, read 387,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by netbrad View Post
You know, with all the NY and NJ transplants I'm surprised no one has opened a White Castle in Raleigh.
Don't have the article in front of me. But I thought I read last week that there may be one on the way.

Old 07-16-2012, 09:17 AM

892 posts, read 3,161,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dio108 View Post
Don't have the article in front of me. But I thought I read last week that there may be one on the way.
GET OUT. Wish my old guts might stomach those onion chips like they used to!

Old 07-16-2012, 03:27 PM

1,733 posts, read 2,422,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dio108 View Post
Any chance you can find it? I searched Google news and didn't see anything posted. My friend who lives in Raleigh would be so happy lol.

Old 07-17-2012, 05:55 AM

1,037 posts, read 1,380,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North_Raleigh_Guy View Post
FWIW, here is a pic of the McDonald's in question. I drove by it this evening and noticed it is already pretty squared away on the inside. I expect it will be open for business within the next two weeks.
NRG, sometimes I wonder how many times we've passed each other on the street or in the grocery store as we seem to frequent the same places and area. Too bad city-data doesn't have a secret wave or give out decoder rings

Old 07-17-2012, 07:26 AM

47 posts, read 100,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bpobill View Post
Even the thought of Subway makes me sick
now i wouldnt go as far as to knock subway, when you order the right thing its actually very healthy. subway played a major part in my loss of 55 lbs. last year so it will always have a special place in my heart , i totally agree with your comments on mcdonalds though. yes i understand people have the right to eat what they want blah blah blah, but 90% of the time when people stop to get that 99 cent heart attack its a withdrawal thats bringing them there, not just a craving, the other 10% are buying it for someone else. the high fructose corn syrup is what keeps people coming back to get more and its a shame that people dont realize this. im sure if people knew what this food was doing to them they wouldnt eat it, but i guess since its cheap and fast it makes it ok
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary