Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2007, 09:05 PM

725 posts, read 1,502,299 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbognar View Post
Yum Yum Donuts....mmmm
Right on! You'll never stop by a Dunkin Donuts again after a Yum Yum donut. Unfortunately I've never seen one outside of Southeastern PA. A White lightening and Chocolate Thunder can make any Monday better.
I am not sure if they franchise?

The best donuts I've had around here is by a small franchise called Bruised Prune or something like that. I think there is one in North Raleigh. Someone brought them to work and they were outstanding. They are a franchise.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2007, 09:41 PM

478 posts, read 2,046,924 times
Fractured, not bruised.

Hot Hand-Dipped Homemade Donuts - The Fractured Prune Donut Shoppe

Old 08-13-2007, 09:48 AM

54 posts, read 195,390 times
Thanks very much for the lego suggestion. Unfortunately, I checked it out and they aren't franchises.

The Fractured Prune is an interesting one, but is it very popular? Are more needed in the Raleigh area?

Old 08-13-2007, 10:31 AM

460 posts, read 2,423,252 times
Wawa is a corpotation not a franchise and they have stiff competition in the area because the pantry is huge here they own many gas/food markets.
I am sure Wawa will come. The OP was asking about businesses they could start so Wegman's (just went yesterday) is not an option.
You want someone to take your qualifications and cash liquidity and put you to a franchise. My suggestion is that you talk to a franchise broker or a franchise attorney. Franchises sometimes demand that someone in your company have food service experience, that you have 1 mil in cash, that you go for 30 days of training etc.
Number one most important thing is to KNOW YOUR DEMOGRAPHIC!!! You have to know them and what they spend and where they shop so you cna pick a good location. Never sign a huge lease without a get out clause. 10 year leases never work out 98% of the time. After years of looking at small businesses going bankrupt and taking the owners with them my suggestion is franchise attorney, small get in fee (under 5 grand) small franchise fee under 8% and an investment of less than 250 grand.
In the last 2 years with gas prices being an issue many people had to forgo extras and just stick to what was necessary and small businesses took the biggest hit.

Old 08-13-2007, 10:34 AM

3,155 posts, read 10,763,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indigoblue View Post
About Wegman's...I've heard there are some that have child care inside them Wow! We had a Wegman's I would drive quite far to get to b/c it was soooo nice. Would definitely love one here in SW Durham, esp if it had child care.

But on to non food suggestions - a LEGO store!!
LOVE the child care in grocery stores!! In Portland we had Fred Meyer's (they were the first one stop shopping chain... like a Super Target but food is much better imho). They had child care. My daughter LOVED going there. On non-preschool days if she did not have a playdate scheduled she'd beg me to go grocery shopping. It was a free service but I would be willing to pay for it!

Lego store... my 7 year old son found out the Lego store in the Portland area offered birthday parties. Of course this was after his last birthday in Portland. He wants a Lego Party for his next bday. I was quite surprised that there is not a lego store in the area.

So yes, legos & child care in the grocery stores please!

And did anyone hear eat at the failed Baja Fresh in the Raleigh area? Like Desdemona, I really wonder why it failed here. Any ideas???

Old 08-13-2007, 04:30 PM

54 posts, read 195,390 times
Penciltucky, thanks for the good advice, I'll keep note of it.

Can't do a grocery store, but those are also great ideas.

Old 08-13-2007, 05:15 PM

478 posts, read 2,046,924 times
Raleigh needs a Wagamama something fierce.

wagamama | positive eating + positive living

But maybe it would just make me sick with sadness not being in the UK.

Old 08-13-2007, 06:11 PM

3,395 posts, read 7,779,710 times
Quote:
And did anyone hear eat at the failed Baja Fresh in the Raleigh area? Like Desdemona, I really wonder why it failed here. Any ideas???
I mentioned this above. This was simply a case of a company expanding too fast. Nothing really specific to this market from what I can tell. I ate there many times. Always a decent crowd. The overall company wasn't keeping pace with Chipoltes though and had to cut cost by closing stores in the newly expanded into areas.

Old 08-13-2007, 08:25 PM

35 posts, read 106,531 times
Default take-out

authentic chinese take-out....that delivers!
I'm sure that's not the answer you're looking for but that's what I would love to have!

Old 08-14-2007, 11:15 AM

306 posts, read 1,193,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by needhalc View Post
We were just talking about the lack of Jamba Juice type places here...I miss them! Healthy and yummy too!
Oh yes I will second Jamba Juice - tried them last year and have been hooked ever since - their Orange Appeal is sssoooo good and add in Daily Vitamin boost and you are good to go. I looked it up online and only found one in Chapel Hill at UNC Chapel Hill. Need more - yes yes yes. At least by the time I get there

Char
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary