Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2011, 11:16 AM

23 posts, read 59,354 times

Advertisements

Looking for a used car and need to know if there is any negotiating with Carmax, Auction Direct or Mark Jacobson Toyota.
thank you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2011, 01:29 PM

1,682 posts, read 3,449,222 times
I don't know about them, but we just bought a car for our daughter this week from this place:

Home - Westgate Imports Raleigh North Carolina 27617

They were willing to negotiate and were most helpful.

Old 07-25-2011, 01:31 PM

1,357 posts, read 4,028,711 times
Carmax does not negotiate.

Old 07-25-2011, 10:10 PM

61 posts, read 114,474 times
Carmax doesn't negotiate...their prices are actually higher than normal...Auction Direct is a joke, Marc Jacobson never had much contact with them.

I got a great deal at Southern States in Raleigh the salesperson I had was respectful and friendly..

Old 07-26-2011, 05:41 AM

5,889 posts, read 6,958,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deetae View Post
Auction Direct is a joke.
Can you elaborate on that? A coworker just bought a BMW from them and was quite happy with the price and experience. He is a "car guy" and experienced at buying used cars, so I value his opinion.

Old 07-26-2011, 12:26 PM

61 posts, read 114,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don6170 View Post
Can you elaborate on that? A coworker just bought a BMW from them and was quite happy with the price and experience. He is a "car guy" and experienced at buying used cars, so I value his opinion.

Auction Direct pretends to sale you the car at "A certain price over Auction price" a good portion of their cars do not come from Auctions they come from wholesalers.

Second the reason these dealerships don't negotiate and give you a set price, is because its a good pitch. They sell the idea of them having a price so good there is no need to negotiate and thats the same thing with Carmax, they are selling this idea..and customer are biting on it.

If you looking for a certain car, chances are carmax or auction direct will have it. But if you do a little more research you will probably find the same car, for less (and then you can usually negotiate from the lesser price)

Old 07-26-2011, 01:57 PM

9,145 posts, read 14,768,819 times
Having sold two vehicles to Carmax and been very happy with the price they gave me, I would never buy a car there. No way they can give you a deal if they usually pay like they paid me.

Old 07-26-2011, 02:19 PM

3,501 posts, read 6,167,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherifftruman View Post
Having sold two vehicles to Carmax and been very happy with the price they gave me, I would never buy a car there. No way they can give you a deal if they usually pay like they paid me.
I had the exact opposite experience. They offered me a pittance.

Old 07-26-2011, 04:22 PM

770 posts, read 2,754,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deetae View Post
Auction Direct pretends to sale you the car at "A certain price over Auction price"

They don't actually say that , they say something like " A certain price over the Auction Direct reserve price" , to me it's a play on words that makes you think you are paying what they paid + $x , which isn't true because their reserve price is whatever they decide to charge

Old 07-26-2011, 04:24 PM

770 posts, read 2,754,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilli4 View Post
Looking for a used car and need to know if there is any negotiating with Carmax, Auction Direct or Mark Jacobson Toyota.
thank you
Try these guys
TriangleAutoSales.net - Raleigh, NC.

Family owed business, stand up people. Ask for Tracy , he's the owner and a neighbor - he will do you a great deal - tell him Steve Lee sent you
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary