Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2007, 11:35 AM

23 posts, read 250,466 times

Advertisements

Just wanted some feedback from anyone who has lived in the area. I lived there from October 2005 to March 1, 2007 and moved back home to Maryland. And, yes, if you didn't guess it, I'm headed back to Raleigh to live in the area of Brier Creek, again. I received numerous offers to work in NYC, but there is no way I could resist returning to NC. Raleigh, Raleigh here I come!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2007, 12:15 PM

35 posts, read 219,598 times
meh

I love the "theory" of Brier Creek, especially the shopping area but, it was just not planned well. Overwhelmed with cars so, walking around to the different shops and restaurants (which was its intention) is a nightmare so, null and void.

Old 08-11-2007, 12:54 PM

76 posts, read 394,025 times
I will shop there but I won't live there, much nicer areas in Raleigh.
I agree it is dangerous for walkers in the shopping areas.

Also, I lived there for two years and would not live there again.
I have allergies but my allergies went out of control while living there. They have a lot of problems w/ mold in that area. I was told that the area used to be a swampy land area so it is not surprising.
My advice is to be very vigilant on mold especially if you are sensitive.

Old 08-11-2007, 03:21 PM

310 posts, read 1,716,117 times
From the T.A.A.R report, Brier Creek is the fastest appreciating subdivision in Raleigh. The prices have increased by 12% on annual rate in the last quarter.

I conclude that it is a very desirable area.

Last edited by JohnE1000; 08-11-2007 at 03:55 PM..

Old 08-11-2007, 03:45 PM

2,058 posts, read 5,866,050 times
We just got back from going out to eat at Brier Creek. I agree with the other poster. It is just too crowded and not well planned. We thought about walking around, but honestly, with 2 little kids we didn't want to take our chances. There are not enough sidewalks in that shopping district to easily shop from one area to the next. In my opinion, I'd rather be shopping and dining at the mall. But yes, it's a desirable area, I guess because it's Wake County and close to RTP. But I think I'd rather live elsewhere, no offense to anyone who lives there or wants to live there. I guess it's got a certain vibe.

Old 08-11-2007, 04:30 PM

12,475 posts, read 32,266,646 times
The more expensive homes have appreciated quite well. Some of the condos are not doing quite that well.

Vicki

Old 08-11-2007, 06:36 PM

997 posts, read 4,647,620 times
I was just showing property to a couple in Brier Creek this afternoon. It was a nice large townhome on the Golf Course. Very beautiful I thought. It was vacant and all the plantation shutters were left. It was an end unit so there was no one in back of you or on the side. Besides the course, it was bordered by a natural area with more of a yard than some. Large windows in the living room and master to view the course. When I came home, I told my husband that if we didn't have all the kids, that is somewhere where I would definitely want to be.

Old 08-11-2007, 08:41 PM

5,500 posts, read 10,529,373 times
In five years it will be a nightmare traffic wise. I guess it's appealing to people to pay top dollar for a 800k house that is 10 yards away from their neighbor.

Investment wise it's a great place though.

Old 08-11-2007, 08:49 PM

1,246 posts, read 4,387,912 times
We stayed in temporary housing at Brier Creek for three weeks. I like being close to so many restaurants and stores while we were there but I agree that there are just too many cars. And the noise from the highway at night is very loud.

Old 08-11-2007, 08:51 PM

997 posts, read 4,647,620 times
Brier Creek has seen some of the highest appreciation. I think the time to get in on the greatest appreciation was a few years back and more. I still think its a nice area to purchase in. I just can't see people purchasing now achieving the same rate of increase.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary