Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2007, 10:32 AM

9,848 posts, read 30,279,805 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperGrover View Post
Don't suppose another aspiring photo-journalist has time to take a spin through Kensington Manor up in Wake Forest? I'm not even sure if that one is built up yet, but the artists renditions look nice for an elbow-room lover.
Super Grover,

I was actually up that way today (on my way back from Home Depot) and took a little detour and stopped by Kensington Manor to take a few pictures. I am not a Real Estate Agent so I don't know much about the development or the area, I just like to take pictures. I'm sure some of the knowledgable folks on this forum can give you additional information. I hope the pictures help you get a better idea on the area. These pictures were taken on 1/28/07. Good Luck!

Entrance to Kensington Manor off of Jenkins Road in Wake Forest

House close to entrance under constrcution

Houses on a Cul-de-sac

House on A Corner

Looking Down the Street #1

Looking Down the Street #2

House

Another House

House with Nice Yard

Another House with Larger Lot

Picture of Back / Side Yard

Picture of Back of House

Another House on a Corner

One LAst Pic of Two Houses

Last edited by North_Raleigh_Guy; 01-28-2007 at 10:56 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2007, 11:36 AM

180 posts, read 733,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North_Raleigh_Guy View Post
Super Grover,

I was actually up that way today (on my way back from Home Depot) and took a little detour and stopped by Kensington Manor to take a few pictures. I am not a Real Estate Agent so I don't know much about the development or the area, I just like to take pictures. I'm sure some of the knowledgable folks on this forum can give you additional information. I hope the pictures help you get a better idea on the area. These pictures were taken on 1/28/07. Good Luck!

Entrance to Kensington Manor off of Jenkins Road in Wake Forest

House close to entrance under constrcution

Houses on a Cul-de-sac

House on A Corner

Looking Down the Street #1

Looking Down the Street #2

House

Another House

House with Nice Yard

Another House with Larger Lot

Picture of Back / Side Yard

Picture of Back of House

Another House on a Corner

One LAst Pic of Two Houses

How far is this Subdivision from RTP?

Old 01-28-2007, 11:43 AM

330 posts, read 1,976,585 times
Default How much are these homes? How far from RTP?

Very nice looking homes, but how much do they go for? And how far are they from Capital or the RTP?

They seem brand new huh? I wonder what the monthly association fee is.

If anybody could give us an answer that would be great.

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottinmass View Post
How far is this Subdivision from RTP?

Old 01-28-2007, 11:49 AM
bta

284 posts, read 1,885,256 times
is it normal to not have any curbs or sidewalks? I love sidewalks... maybe it's just me.

Old 01-28-2007, 12:23 PM

286 posts, read 946,290 times
Raleigh Guy
Nice job with the camera.

Old 01-28-2007, 12:38 PM

1,118 posts, read 4,757,015 times
Thank you for taking the time to take and post these great pictures NorthRaleighGuy!

Old 01-28-2007, 12:50 PM

9,848 posts, read 30,279,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adream View Post
Thank you for taking the time to take and post these great pictures NorthRaleighGuy!
No problem, this board has supplied me with a wealth of information and I am happy to return the favor.

Like I mentioned earlier, I don't know much about this particular development, but I do know it is a K. Hovnanian development. On their website they have the homes listed from the High 300's to the low 400's.

I don't know if the lack of sidewalks and curbs and gutters is because of local wake forest ordinances, but I personally think it is a more environmentally friendly option. It generates less stormwater runoff to the Neuse River which is a good thing!

Old 01-28-2007, 12:51 PM

88 posts, read 396,977 times
Profuse thanks to North_Raleigh_Guy. I'm restricted from rating you positive again due to reputation shortages.

The prices start low 400s according to some brochures I got. They're 2500+ square feet, with several floor plans optionable up to 4000ish. The main draw for me is the lot size and the claim that they'd leave up some trees.

Those brochures are no substitute for NRG's good camera work. The non-realtor point of view exposes the sidewalk issue (hope they do add those) and also that they left up fewer trees than I'd hoped.

Place is still on my short list. It's a bit farther North in Wake than I'd started looking but the style is what I've been looking for. Give folks a few years to get their rhododendrons sprouting and it will be beautiful.

Thanks again.

Old 01-28-2007, 06:23 PM

2,834 posts, read 12,031,981 times
I've been in the model home there, and driven through a number of time with different people........so, the neighborhood is in a great location, close to all of the "stuff" in wake forest, but also gives you the amenity of nice sized lots. It is a "national production" builder neighborhood, so everything seems to be upgrades if you know what I mean! The lots have trees, which is nice, and are relatively flat in comparison to many neighborhoods in wake forest. It is small, and actually connects to a couple of different neighborhoods that end up on purnell (fairlake and one other I can't remember the name of right now!). The model home is very nice, open floorplan, two story family room with the upstairs set up as kind of a "teen suite" with a loft area that has a computer, tv, etc. They definitely have TONS of storage, and seem to use every nook and cranny for useable storage areas. Very nice room sizes, and things seemed to flow well in the house. So, the bones are the house are good, and the model was full of upgrades, but at least the bones were nice!

Anyhow, those are my thoughts. We looked there but felt like by the time we upgraded the things we wanted we would have spent more than buying a similar sized home in a custom neighborhood.

Leigh

Old 01-28-2007, 07:17 PM

653 posts, read 2,986,606 times
Expect to see curbs if you're within the city limits, none if you're in the county.

Awesome pics, NRG! I, too, have to spread some rep around before giving you any more, but two thumbs up!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary