Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2011, 07:29 AM

240 posts, read 627,866 times

Advertisements

All,
My wife's birthday is quickly approaching and I would like to get her a facial and massage set up. Does anyone recommend any places in particular? The massage will be great for her because she is 6 months pregnant. The only wish she had was that the facials must include extractions. Where would you recommend?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2011, 07:39 AM
ERH

1,700 posts, read 2,531,678 times
I've enjoyed treatments at Museum Spa (near Blue Ridge Rd) and Jolie Day Spa (Cameron Village). Hear fantastic things about the spa in Umstead Hotel in Cary, although I'm sure it's pricey!

Old 09-26-2011, 08:41 AM

240 posts, read 627,866 times
Yeah I have heard the same about Umstead but that is definitely out of the price range I was looking for. I will check the two you named, thanks. Keep the recommendations coming!

Old 09-26-2011, 04:38 PM

286 posts, read 685,512 times
I go to Synergy Med Spa. There is a massage therapist there who is outstanding, I actually followed him from his previous place of employment because no other masseuse was as good as he is. Synergy is located on Glenwood in Raleigh so may be a bit of a drive but I know this massage therapist specializes in prenatal massage as well other massage types. His name is Dan and I can't recommend him enough.

I haven't had any facials done there so I can't speak for that service. Their website says they do extractions, whatever that means. Hope you find her a GREAT place, no matter where you pick for her. What an awesome gift!

Old 09-26-2011, 05:50 PM

12,475 posts, read 32,249,243 times
I love love love the Umstead but it IS more expensive than many of the other SPAs in the area.

I have had massage and facial at Skin Sense (Falls of Neuse Road) and was very pleased with them.

Vicki

Old 09-27-2011, 01:20 PM

826 posts, read 1,933,097 times
I second the Synergy recommendation! I absolutely love it - I've been going for 4 years and pretty much won't go anywhere else. Have been to Umstead and while it looks fun and fancy, your wife won't be able to partake of the sauna and hot tubs because of the pregnancy. And honestly, I think I get better quality service from Synergy. Had 1 facial there which was nice (I don't get facials there often), tons of manicures and pedicures (pricey but worth it!) and massages galore! My favorite masseuse just left there but I had a great prenatal massage from a different girl. Highly highly recommend it. They also have packages you can buy and spa week is Oct. 10-16 so you can get discounts!

Synergy Spa

Old 09-27-2011, 02:21 PM

12,475 posts, read 32,249,243 times
I've never gone to Synergy Spa but just looked at their website. They seem to have a few "specials" during Oct. so I went ahead and booked a massage!

Thanks for the rec!

Vicki

Old 09-27-2011, 06:53 PM

826 posts, read 1,933,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VickiR View Post
I've never gone to Synergy Spa but just looked at their website. They seem to have a few "specials" during Oct. so I went ahead and booked a massage!

Thanks for the rec!

Vicki
Vicki - they have monthly specials (although cheaper in Oct because of spa week) and there is a 10% discount if you book another treatment for the next month the day you go in. Enjoy!

Old 09-28-2011, 04:36 AM

286 posts, read 685,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VickiR View Post

Thanks for the rec!

Vicki

You will be hooked. I go at least every 6 weeks, sometimes every 4 if I have a lot of stress going on. My next appt is next week and I can't wait.

Old 10-12-2011, 11:43 AM

22 posts, read 33,938 times
My favorite place to get facials is Green Tea Spa (Creedmoor Centre- N. Raleigh). Its a lot more affordable than the Umstead, and I think they are just as good. I don't think they do massage (I may be wrong), but I am getting eyelash extensions there later this week.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary