Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2007, 10:05 PM

1 posts, read 4,824 times

Advertisements

I know there are other Philadelphia Eagles fans in the area, but where do they go to watch the games/cheer on McNabb? Are there any bars that show their games in the Raleigh/Cary area?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2007, 02:55 AM

1,040 posts, read 3,602,741 times
Lightbulb New York Football Giants Fan Recommends...

Well, I am a Giants fan, but one of the best places that I found to just go and watch football was The Upper Deck in Cary.

The Upper Deck Sports Pub, Cary, NC: Home

The have the 'Sunday Ticket' and a ton of TVs. You can watch every game there. I am sure there are a ton of other sports bars like this

oh, an even better one might be Playmakers on Hillsborough in Raleigh

Home - Playmakers' Sports Bar and Restaurant

There are probably some specific E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles! fan based bars, but those are 2 'general' football bars that I would personally recommend.

Cannot wait for Football Sundays!!!

Old 08-24-2007, 07:46 AM

1,029 posts, read 1,925,362 times
Go Patriots. McNabb is horrible... 24-21. What was with that last drive in the '04 Super Bowl? If the Eagles are ever going to win you have to hope Kolb is the real deal.

You'll have a chance to see if your team can shut me up 11/25/2007....Enjoy the season.

Old 08-25-2007, 06:35 AM

43 posts, read 182,722 times
Eagles fan moving down there in 2 weeks, jut finalizing some plans, but I was going to make this post shortly

Old 08-29-2007, 08:21 AM

4 posts, read 11,193 times
Thumbs up Add one more to the list

I have been an Eagles fan since the days of Randall Cunningham and might possibly be moving to the area from NY in the near future.

If we decide to move - I'll be right there with you cursing at the TV and being generally disappointed.

Old 08-29-2007, 12:40 PM

23 posts, read 78,691 times
I would recommend Playmakers. I have been going there with my buddies for about 5 or 6 years now most Sundays during the season because they have every game on and numerous big screens. There are fans of most teams there but a pretty heavy Steelers, Eagles, Giants and Bears contingent that show up nearly every week unless they are playing Sunday or Monday night. A lot of smack talking but all in good fun. Great place to be if you are keeping up with a fantasy team too.

The only downside is the food isn't the greatest in my opinion, but it's tolerable. One other note is if any of the aforementioned teams are playing at 1pm you might want to get there at least an hour early to get a decent table. People arrive early to make sure they have the prime spot for their game.

Old 08-29-2007, 01:30 PM

103 posts, read 537,964 times
GO EAGLES!!! I'm a huge fan -- born in Philly and family all from there (some still in South Jersey). Can't recommend any place to go watch the games, as I'm still stuck in D.C.

Old 08-29-2007, 03:31 PM

324 posts, read 1,528,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eu-nc View Post
I would recommend Playmakers. I have been going there with my buddies for about 5 or 6 years now most Sundays during the season because they have every game on and numerous big screens. There are fans of most teams there but a pretty heavy Steelers, Eagles, Giants and Bears contingent that show up nearly every week unless they are playing Sunday or Monday night. A lot of smack talking but all in good fun. Great place to be if you are keeping up with a fantasy team too.

The only downside is the food isn't the greatest in my opinion, but it's tolerable. One other note is if any of the aforementioned teams are playing at 1pm you might want to get there at least an hour early to get a decent table. People arrive early to make sure they have the prime spot for their game.
i second that!!! have been going to playmakers for 6 years now also....and yes i second getting there early as possible!!!!

Old 08-29-2007, 04:20 PM

18 posts, read 58,294 times
Default Randall ????

You must be just a baby......LOL

I regret to say I am a tad older (sigh) , I met Bednarik in 1960 although as a mere first grader and have suffered all of these years seeing almost all of their games. Especially now with the sports bar TV'S of all games. I am now in the land of the damn hated cowboys and take abuse with my Green jersey but once from Philly we don't trade up for new teams like these texas yahoo's, we suffer along with our birds. Moving to Raleigh in the next six months , just in time for our Super Bowl victory....... COuld you pass that pipe over here to me buddy. Damn is that RYAN?

Old 08-29-2007, 08:23 PM

43,297 posts, read 77,129,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanpat50 View Post
You must be just a baby......LOL

I regret to say I am a tad older (sigh) , I met Bednarik in 1960 although as a mere first grader and have suffered all of these years seeing almost all of their games. Especially now with the sports bar TV'S of all games. I am now in the land of the damn hated cowboys and take abuse with my Green jersey but once from Philly we don't trade up for new teams like these texas yahoo's, we suffer along with our birds. Moving to Raleigh in the next six months , just in time for our Super Bowl victory....... COuld you pass that pipe over here to me buddy. Damn is that RYAN?
I can remember when they picked up Hopalong Cassidy late in his career and he busted his leg to pieces.
And Tommy MacDonald was the human highlight.
And Sonny Jurgensen was the MAN.
When Pete Retzlaff stopped the middle up.
When Harold Carmichael went about 2000 games in a row with a catch.

And when the Phillies (Yes, I digress) choked in the last 10 games in '64. Ouch! Time to trade the only guy who hit .300, Don Demeter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary