Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2011, 11:54 AM

273 posts, read 912,004 times

Advertisements

I think all of you have missed the key issue. You have a severe restaurant problem here.
Where can I go to get decent Mexican food? I want customers from Cary. Do you think they will drive to Louisburg if I open a boutique food store there? I shouldn't need any experience to do that, should I?

Old 12-02-2011, 12:00 PM

43,292 posts, read 77,115,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post
Nope. Yer "genius" kid is homely, boring, and flatulent. And bear in mind, it is farther from Rocky Mount to Cary than it is from Cary to Rocky Mount.
And get a job in both towns before you move here. Actually, before you ask any more questions.
And don't complain. I-95 runs both ways and Delta is ready when you are.
Quote:
Originally Posted by North_Raleigh_Guy View Post
^^ This post alone is deserving of the $5,000 city-data most informative poster award!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark of the Moon View Post
Why don't you people know how to drive in snow? And why don't you have enough snow removal equipment? Back where I come from, the streets were plowed clean mere seconds after every snowfall.

And who put all that %$^*!@&#^*!@&% sugar in my iced tea?!?!?
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHTransplant View Post
There is no cussin' in this forum. Please don't use symbols, and allow the filters to do their work or I'll have to report you to the moderator. Just a word of warnin' - she's a Yankee.
NRG,
I appreciate the honor, but in recognition and appreciation of superior wit, I would yield any claim to the title.

Old 12-02-2011, 12:30 PM

11,151 posts, read 15,835,047 times
Quote:
There is no cussin' in this forum. Please don't use symbols, and allow the filters to do their work or I'll have to report you to the moderator. Just a word of warnin' - she's a Yankee.
Well bless your heart!

Old 12-02-2011, 12:59 PM

5,743 posts, read 17,602,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no kudzu View Post
We have 4 children, one is involved in competitive swimming, one is gifted, one is autistic and the kindergardener is allergic to peanuts.
Isn't that the truth? Everyone's kids are always gifted. Just once I'd like to hear someone say that their kids is dumber than a doornail, so schools don't matter to them as it wouldn't make a difference.

Old 12-02-2011, 01:33 PM

10,728 posts, read 22,829,826 times
Quote:
Oh, SNAP!

Old 12-02-2011, 01:44 PM

804 posts, read 2,004,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoopDeLoop View Post
< sidenote > am i the only one who finds it amusing to see francois post an LOL on a message board?
by the way, totally meant this as a compliment since he is always so articulate in his posts. it made me chuckle & that makes it a good day.

Old 12-02-2011, 02:01 PM

351 posts, read 632,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canes2006Champs View Post
You people are very rude. I've lived in Cary for a month now and was told by my uncle who changed planes at RDU in 1983 that the people here are nice. Well nothing could be further from the truth. No one has given me a welcome cake, no one has asked me to join their church, no one has asked me what college team I root for, no one waves to me when I go walking my dog, and just the other day, someone in a BMW convertible flipped me the finger because I was waiting to get a parking spot at the Crabtree mall. I moved here to get away from the rat race but it appears the rat race followed me too.

SOUTHERN HOSPITALITY IS NOTHING BUT A MYTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
That's because all your neighbors are from up north anyway. They just beat you here.

Really. Go ask'em.

Old 12-02-2011, 02:21 PM

13,373 posts, read 27,044,128 times
My favorite post was really targeted at Wilmington, but I'll reprised it here in case you missed it.

-- I want to move to Wilmington to raise Venus Flytraps. What's the climate like? I also like southern Cailfornia, but the climate isn't so good and I'm afraid of earthquakes.

Old 12-03-2011, 07:38 AM

773 posts, read 503,798 times
To keep it local, what's with the economy in China?

What will the unemployment rate be in Durham on June 3, 2027?

I am an open minded, forwarded thinking person who enjoys diverse culture. Where can I find a place with people exactly like me?

I really love Clayton and I will be working in Chapel Hill. I want my commute to be less than 12 minutes. Is that possible?

I am looking to buy a house that will appreciate 172% in 8.4 years. Can anyone tell me the town and street I should look on?

What's with a Walmart, Harris Teeter and Walgreens on every corner when it obviously is not needed?

In search of a place with new roads, great schools, nice homes, big 3 acre lots, no crime, walking distance to the ocean and mountains and no city property taxes.

My name is John. Should I move to Wake Forest?

I drove all around Wake Forest, but can't find the university. Need help.

I found a great new build house in Cary for $250,000. 3000 sq ft, 3 bed, 3 bath. The builder is refusing to install a pool, fence the yard, add a 3rd floor and pay lifetime HOA fees for me as part of the deal. What's up with that? I thought it was a buyers market?

I am parking my motor home, boat and camper on my front lawn and received a rude letter from my HOA telling me to move them. OUTRAGEOUS!

Old 12-03-2011, 08:16 AM

6,048 posts, read 18,423,643 times
Funniest thread EVER!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary