Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2007, 06:53 AM

5 posts, read 10,268 times

Advertisements

Hey!
So I saw recently that Bowman Animal Hospital is having huge Open House thing on Sept. 16th! They are going to have a lot of free fun things for everyone so you might as well go for that at least but most importantly they will be having tons of good info for pet owners! I take my pets there and they are awesome! Last time I was there I was told there will be a bounce house! weeee! If you are looking for alternative medicine too - they offer some great services. They just recently changed their look so I think that is why they are having this but I know it will provide everyone with tons of info. If you need this type of thing or think you may need it...this is the place to go. I've see posters around for this event but I think they might have the info on their website at bowmananimalhospital.com. If not - its Sept. 16th from 11am til 3pm! I know I'll be there!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2007, 06:17 PM

8 posts, read 25,030 times
Default Bowman is great

I take my dog to Bowman. She had some horrible allergies - food and environmental - and the skin on her neck was almost to the point of sloughing off when I adopted her. She'd been that way her whole life. They did a little with some herbs and homeopaths and it was 100% better within 3 or so months. The hair will never grow back but the skin is totally healthy now. I highly recommend anyone that has a dog with allergies or pain to visit them... they get the job done. Take the opportunity to ask them questions for free with this open house, they are extremely knowledgeable; one of the best clinics in the country.

Jen

Old 09-05-2007, 03:19 AM

4,606 posts, read 7,697,135 times
I used to go to Bowmans, just loved it. But now we found somewhere better for our needs. The Bowmans are nice peeps tho.

Old 09-05-2007, 06:11 AM

13,163 posts, read 1,721,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JenNCSU View Post
I take my dog to Bowman. She had some horrible allergies - food and environmental - and the skin on her neck was almost to the point of sloughing off when I adopted her. She'd been that way her whole life. They did a little with some herbs and homeopaths and it was 100% better within 3 or so months. The hair will never grow back but the skin is totally healthy now. I highly recommend anyone that has a dog with allergies or pain to visit them... they get the job done. Take the opportunity to ask them questions for free with this open house, they are extremely knowledgeable; one of the best clinics in the country.

Jen
>They did a little with some herbs and homeopaths

Now THAT I like! Where is this place?

Old 09-05-2007, 06:19 AM

1,040 posts, read 3,604,923 times
Lightbulb Google

I just googled it and this is what I found:

BOWMAN ANIMAL HOSPITAL : MAP & DIRECTIONS (broken link)

Does anyone have any vet recommendations in Durham (27713)? My boxer (Allie) has pretty bad allergies also so this natural herb therapy sounds pretty awesome!

Old 09-05-2007, 08:06 AM

3,670 posts, read 6,585,374 times
Here's another vote for Bowman. We brought one of our cats there and were very happy with the treatment. She has always had problems with one ear and every Spring it seems to get so much worse. They did a culture as part of the normal exam and figured out it wasn't mites as we'd been told elsewhere but something akin to a yeast infection. They figured the timing was likely due to an increase in humidity. Now we have an effective treatment plan in place and she's a completely different animal, so much happier and healthier.

Their office is right off of I-540 making it super convenient for those who might need to travel. We're just fortunate that it happened to be very close to where we live.

Old 09-06-2007, 08:26 AM

Default Acupuncture

They are awesome with pet arthritis too. They are experts with 3 different kinds of acupuncture (that I know of) and trust me, this stuff is way better for your pets than long term pain meds. It's actually been a cheaper solution for me, everything taken into account. I didn't really think it would make much of a difference, but after the wonders they worked with the allergies my dog had, I took their recommendation and it's made all the difference. Apparently it can be used to treat any number of problems.

Jen

Old 09-06-2007, 03:42 PM

5 posts, read 10,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fester600 View Post
I just googled it and this is what I found:

BOWMAN ANIMAL HOSPITAL : MAP & DIRECTIONS (broken link)

Does anyone have any vet recommendations in Durham (27713)? My boxer (Allie) has pretty bad allergies also so this natural herb therapy sounds pretty awesome!
I'm not sure of any in Durham but Dr. Bowman does do consultations over the phone too if the drive is too far.

Old 09-06-2007, 05:11 PM

3,353 posts, read 4,975,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JenNCSU View Post
They are awesome with pet arthritis too. They are experts with 3 different kinds of acupuncture (that I know of) and trust me, this stuff is way better for your pets than long term pain meds. It's actually been a cheaper solution for me, everything taken into account. I didn't really think it would make much of a difference, but after the wonders they worked with the allergies my dog had, I took their recommendation and it's made all the difference. Apparently it can be used to treat any number of problems.

Jen
This is good to know, I've been thinking of taking my dog there for acupuncture. Thanks for posting that!

Old 09-08-2007, 07:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorp200 View Post
This is good to know, I've been thinking of taking my dog there for acupuncture. Thanks for posting that!
No problem! Pretty much if you need any kind of out-of-the-ordinary service, they'll have it. Chiropractic, alternative, massage, whatever. Sometimes I wish they did stuff for people, I wouldn't mind a massage after a chiropractic session.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary