Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old

273 posts, read 618,937 times

Advertisements

I ***NEVER*** pay more than FIVE DOLLARS for *any* Hurricane game.

You can too!

Carolina Hurricanes Tickets - Carolina Hurricane Tickets at StubHub!

You can buy almost any game there, nose bleed seats then sit anywhere since its never half full, very cheap!

The misses and I spend more on food than on the tickets & parking.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old

481 posts, read 1,086,077 times
I was going to buy tickets via craigs list but then my husband pointed out - what if they sell you fake tickets? I never even thought of that, so how do you know they are the real deal? If there is an easy way then I would be fine to purchase them from CL.

Old

Quote:
Originally Posted by mishellina View Post
I was going to buy tickets via craigs list but then my husband pointed out - what if they sell you fake tickets? I never even thought of that, so how do you know they are the real deal? If there is an easy way then I would be fine to purchase them from CL.
Then you'd love StubHub. Why meet some person some random place or hope they show up to the game in time or even chance fake tickets? StubHubs authentic guaranteed. Plus, with the price, I dont see any other cheaper method for genuine tickets as a random person in town........ Tickets less than cost of gas to get to the game!

A ticket on craigslist is about as authentic as the "cashiers checks" that they want to buy em with.

Old

43,265 posts, read 77,043,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mishellina View Post
That is one reason I only buy "real" tix, and not printouts.
I know the printouts work, but regular tickets would be hard to fake.

And I only meet the seller in person. I haven't met anyone who seemed shifty yet.
Maybe I have been lucky, but I have met some very nice ticket holders that way.
Or maybe Canes fans are just the greatest?

Old

Quote:
Originally Posted by benthephysicist View Post
Then you'd love StubHub. Why meet some person some random place or hope they show up to the game in time or even chance fake tickets? StubHubs authentic guaranteed. Plus, with the price, I dont see any other cheaper method for genuine tickets as a random person in town........ Tickets less than cost of gas to get to the game!

A ticket on craigslist is about as authentic as the "cashiers checks" that they want to buy em with.
The OP paid $36.50 x 2 for 2 StubHub tix with a retail price of $12 each, and reports a "$50 lesson."
That seems like expensive safety to me, and I commend him for being a sport about it.
I think there are much better values to be had on CL than paying 300+% , and have done so myself many times.

Sure, you always have to have your sniffer attuned for grifters, but actually, I find that most people I meet anywhere, including CL, are not grifters.

Old

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post
The OP paid $36.50 x 2 for 2 StubHub tix with a retail price of $12 each, and reports a "$50 lesson."
That seems like expensive safety to me, and I commend him for being a sport about it.
I think there are much better values to be had on CL than paying 300+% , and have done so myself many times.

Sure, you always have to have your sniffer attuned for grifters, but actually, I find that most people I meet anywhere, including CL, are not grifters.
The OP paid an EXCEPTIONALLY high price for tickets, on Stubhub. *NO* other game went for anywhere near that high. Why were the tickets that expensive that time? No idea, however, LOOK at the prices for *all* the other games @ StubHub......... No other games are near that price. Here, I'll save you some time.

os Angeles Kings at Carolina Hurricanes Tickets
Sat 02/04/2012 7:00 PM EST
RBC Center
Raleigh, NC Sell

Priced from: $29.00 USD
99 tickets left
San Jose Sharks at Carolina Hurricanes Tickets
Fri 02/17/2012 7:00 PM EST
RBC Center
Raleigh, NC Sell

Priced from: $8.00 USD
1,063 tickets left
Washington Capitals at Carolina Hurricanes Tickets
Mon 02/20/2012 7:00 PM EST
RBC Center
Raleigh, NC Sell

Priced from: $5.00 USD
1,068 tickets left
Anaheim Ducks at Carolina Hurricanes Tickets
Thu 02/23/2012 7:00 PM EST
RBC Center
Raleigh, NC Sell

Priced from: $2.75 USD
1,226 tickets left
Florida Panthers at Carolina Hurricanes Tickets
Sat 02/25/2012 7:00 PM EST
RBC Center
Raleigh, NC Sell

Priced from: $8.99 USD
606 tickets left
Nashville Predators at Carolina Hurricanes Tickets
Tue 02/28/2012 7:00 PM EST
RBC Center
Raleigh, NC Sell

Priced from: $2.95 USD
1,118 tickets left
New York Rangers at Carolina Hurricanes Tickets
Thu 03/01/2012 7:00 PM EST
RBC Center
Raleigh, NC Sell

Priced from: $7.00 USD
1,136 tickets left
Tampa Bay Lightning at Carolina Hurricanes Tickets
Sat 03/03/2012 7:00 PM EST
RBC Center
Raleigh, NC Sell

Priced from: $7.99 USD
1,018 tickets left
St Louis Blues at Carolina Hurricanes Tickets
Thu 03/15/2012 7:00 PM EDT
RBC Center
Raleigh, NC Sell

Priced from: $4.00 USD
1,150 tickets left
Florida Panthers at Carolina Hurricanes Tickets
Wed 03/21/2012 7:00 PM EDT
RBC Center
Raleigh, NC Sell

Priced from: $4.00 USD
1,107 tickets left
Winnipeg Jets at Carolina Hurricanes Tickets
Fri 03/30/2012 7:00 PM EDT
RBC Center
Raleigh, NC Sell

Priced from: $8.00 USD
1,073 tickets left
New Jersey Devils at Carolina Hurricanes Tickets
Sat 03/31/2012 7:00 PM EDT
RBC Center
Raleigh, NC Sell

Priced from: $9.00 USD
1,137 tickets left
Montreal Canadiens at Carolina Hurricanes Tickets
Thu 04/05/2012 7:00 PM EDT
RBC Center
Raleigh, NC Sell

Priced from: $7.00 USD
1,101 tickets left

I know I've been pumping StubHubs usefulness in this thread, I should point out I'm just a happy customer after having tried a few other venues to buy tickets, and its just the best for me.

Old

Wow, how can a seller sell tix for $2.75 when Stubhub charges $4.95 for download?
I just cannot make that math work, unless the BUYER pays more than the listed price.

It's just a different approach, I guess. I like dealing with people.

And if you look at Stubhub, the cheapest tix tonight are $29.00.
+$4.95 to download
The game is in demand, because of the hot dogs.

Old

25 posts, read 40,475 times
Yeah, Murphy's Law that it's an "in demand" game on the first non-school night I've been free of commitments to take in a game with a kid...My luck usually plays out like that

I think there's a little give and take...I don't think I could have paid any less than I did for tickets based on what I see, but possibly with some calls and emails last night and this morning I could have got better seats for the same $75 I spent had I been able to put together a deal with a private seller on CL.

I did have a easy transaction at stubhub and bought a pair of tickets for a game very "in demand". I didn't spin my wheels making calls or emails and waiting for responses, I didn't wait in a 7/11 parking lot for a transaction or anything either...But I did pay dearly for all that convienence

Thanks again to all!

Old

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTrelo View Post
Yeah, Murphy's Law that it's an "in demand" game on the first non-school night I've been free of commitments to take in a game with a kid...My luck usually plays out like that

I think there's a little give and take...I don't think I could have paid any less than I did for tickets based on what I see, but possibly with some calls and emails last night and this morning I could have got better seats for the same $75 I spent had I been able to put together a deal with a private seller on CL.

I did have a easy transaction at stubhub and bought a pair of tickets for a game very "in demand". I didn't spin my wheels making calls or emails and waiting for responses, I didn't wait in a 7/11 parking lot for a transaction or anything either...But I did pay dearly for all that convienence

Thanks again to all!
Hope you have a great evening and see a fine game.

Co Canes!

Old

8,269 posts, read 25,096,719 times
Have fun...the Kings are probably going to thrash us unfortunately! I saw them play last year and was impressed with what a good team they were!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary