Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2012, 09:08 AM

387 posts, read 637,857 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post
I think Al is talking about the Neighborhood Market slated to go into the Northwoods Plaza at the corner of N Harrison and Maynard.
Yep, that's the one I was talking about! So, now I'm sad . I was so looking forward to being able to walk for groceries without having to dodge traffic on Maynard! Hopefully this one will be open soon, and I'll be able to post Wal Mart Neighborhood/Aldi comparisons .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2012, 09:18 AM

1,320 posts, read 1,533,793 times
They had Blue Bell displayed prominently and lots of flavors - $5.78, I think.

Old 10-05-2012, 09:54 AM

22,665 posts, read 36,764,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALStafford View Post
Yep, that's the one I was talking about! So, now I'm sad . I was so looking forward to being able to walk for groceries without having to dodge traffic on Maynard! Hopefully this one will be open soon, and I'll be able to post Wal Mart Neighborhood/Aldi comparisons .
I've only been to Aldi once....Walmart is more like a regular grocery - you walk in and the produce is right there and so on. More brand name stuff than their regular big box stores and less of their own brand. I know Aldi is mostly non-name brand (or was the one time I was there). They bad your stuff up just like a regular Walmart.

It was funny being in there the day after they open, every single thing neat as a pin. The soda aisle was like something out of a picture, LOL.

Old 01-28-2013, 11:27 AM

4,477 posts, read 11,614,607 times
Okay, bumping this long/old thread because I stopped by the Walmart Neighborhood Market at High House & 55 today. I actually liked it - I found their international section pretty interesting and the prices seemed good. The store was very clean, and I liked the wide aisles. I found everything I needed pretty easily. I didn't check out the produce quality though and only grabbed some bananas on the way in. I'd go back there for sure when I need some household/personal stuff @ Walmart prices, avoiding the drive down to the full-size Walmart in Apex.

Old 01-28-2013, 02:14 PM

4,266 posts, read 11,418,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adlnc07 View Post
Okay, bumping this long/old thread because I stopped by the Walmart Neighborhood Market at High House & 55 today. I actually liked it - I found their international section pretty interesting and the prices seemed good. The store was very clean, and I liked the wide aisles. I found everything I needed pretty easily. I didn't check out the produce quality though and only grabbed some bananas on the way in. I'd go back there for sure when I need some household/personal stuff @ Walmart prices, avoiding the drive down to the full-size Walmart in Apex.
I agree! This store is right around the corner from me. We've been several times and I find their prices quite good. No reason to pay more for routine/stock tems at Harris Tetter. I would not buy meats here. The produce looks pretty good as well although I haven't bought any here.

Old 01-28-2013, 02:26 PM

200 posts, read 358,590 times
Any indication on the grand opening date?? I am looking forward to it opening as I am also close by!

Old 01-28-2013, 02:51 PM

9,358 posts, read 14,085,892 times
It is already open.

Old 01-28-2013, 03:35 PM

200 posts, read 358,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luv4horses View Post
It is already open.
Oops, sorry I was referring to the new location being built at the corner of N. Harrison and Maynard Road...

Old 01-28-2013, 04:04 PM

9,144 posts, read 14,753,437 times
They just started last month so probably April at the earliest. Same for the one at Davis and Morrisville Carpenter.

Old 01-30-2013, 11:40 AM

105 posts, read 362,154 times
We as of today 1/31 not open yet here in Cary on Harrison I live across the street can not wait I lve HT but so price even with Coupons Yes Ailds is ok but I do not care for some of the things Nice odd stuff love the swenes cookies , But with WM price match and coupon it should be a good place, FL was ok whn in that store just not always the cleanes smell (I can not stand to walk ina store and it smell!!) As for Walmart in general I love to shop at them I read were many were unhappy with some stores. As we all know it not the store them self it is the people that shop at them so if you go in to a mess /store you know it the people that have been shopping don care ! let kids run mess up etc. Leave bathroom a mess etc. I have worked in several WM in the past 20 yr PT from FL to MO and Here inn NC for shot PT job (extra money ) It is the community that effect the store . Great Place to work but you must expect to work not loaf off call in etc ,Sorry off subject !! Can wait till our Markert is open here!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary