Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-17-2012, 12:30 PM

166 posts, read 419,068 times

Advertisements

I'm looking to get some fairly substantial landscaping done around my home in Cary. The bulk of it will be in the back yard, but there will likely be some in the front as well.

My back yard is sloped away from my house and I think I'll need some terracing, and I want to add a patio area, so I need someone who also does hardscaping.

I'm looking for reputable companies, preferably local to Cary because I want my money to go to a local business.

Any suggestions?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2012, 12:54 PM

2,905 posts, read 5,922,537 times
I have used Canyon Stone to do some pavers around my pool deck, and they did a great job. I also just got done with 6 total days of planting (not all at once) through trees2go.com and they did a great job. Very knowledgeable, helpful, prompt, trustworthy, and reliable. I can get some photos if you are interested later on.

Old 04-21-2012, 10:29 PM

I wanted to follow up on my post.

I ended up getting a bunch of plants and trees from Trees2Go

They have a very useful website and you can tell they really care about their customers. Believe it or not, I emailed them with questions about shrubs late one night (around midnight) and Mike actually got back to me about 15 minutes later. I was floored.

The service was above and beyond and I would totally recommend them without reservation.

I also got a stump with surface roots removed by Leaf & Limb Tree Service

The price was totally reasonable and the service was fantastic as well.

I'm planning on having them come back out, possibly in the fall or next spring to trim some of my trees that are getting a bit overgrown.

Old 04-22-2012, 05:12 PM

95 posts, read 259,766 times
We had over $20k of landscaping done. We researched a couple of years and interviewed a number of companies before hiring a landscape architect, a hardscaper, and a landscaper. Though we were mostly happy with all three, the landscaper was absolutely outstanding: Bobby Cullen of
Bob Cullen landscaping (http://www.bobcullenlandscapes.com/Bob_Cullen_Landscapes/Gallery.html#7 - broken link)

High quality, high talent, SUPER integrity, great pride in his work. He cleaned up and repaired mistakes by our hardscaping crew (at no extra cost) because he wanted the yard to look right. He continues to take pride in your yard after he's finished. It's not "Thanks for your paycheck, I'm moving on to my next project."

Send me a pm if you want more information, but frankly I would check him out. I think you'll be very impressed and then he can lead you to others who share his level of quality and professionalism. Good luck!

Old 05-13-2015, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDUBiker View Post
I have used Canyon Stone to do some pavers around my pool deck, and they did a great job.

Does Canyon Stone do hardscaping? I thought they just make the products.

Old 05-13-2015, 03:01 PM

2,459 posts, read 8,078,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wkrick View Post
Does Canyon Stone do hardscaping? I thought they just make the products.
Canyon Stone installed our fireplace stone/mantle and outside walkway. This was probably four years ago now so things may have changed.

Frank
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary