Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2011, 07:38 PM

39 posts, read 194,926 times

Advertisements

Located near Wake/Johnston County line on Hwy 50

I really enjoy the sermons. Pastor has good sense of humor, but gives bibically based sermons. Really works to apply the scripture to modern day life. He literally challenges me every week to get out of my comfort zone, give up something, and GO for the Lord. Kids 2nd or 3rd and over go to the sermons. Kids from 4 years old to 2nd or 3rd have children's church. Small groups, and many outreach projects. Plenty of people keep kids with them during sermons, and most newborns stay with parents. Never heard anyone say a word.

Mostly praise and worship, but we do have one or two traditional hymns. Different small groups meet throughout the week and on Sundays. Numerous local, national, and international mission opportunities to get involved in.

www.tmbconline.org Podcast available to listen.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2011, 03:38 PM

1 posts, read 2,493 times
Anyone know of a spirit filled...fully operating in the gifts of the Holy Spirit..speaking in tongues church in Hillsborough, Durham, mebane??? thank you..

Last edited by Green Irish Eyes; 02-25-2011 at 03:42 PM.. Reason: Please do not post personal information on a public forum

Old 08-14-2011, 08:13 AM

1 posts, read 2,350 times
Are there any churches in the Raleigh area that believe that Christians can and do overcome sin based on the scriptures AND a church not focused on either eternal security and/or the prosperity movement?

Last edited by Green Irish Eyes; 08-14-2011 at 09:48 AM..

Old 09-12-2011, 11:54 AM

1 posts, read 2,280 times
I am looking for a spirit filled church closer to Sanford, does anyone have any sugesstions? Has anyone heard about International House of Prayer?

Old 09-18-2011, 10:47 PM

2,615 posts, read 3,144,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ******** View Post
Anyone know of a spirit filled...fully operating in the gifts of the Holy Spirit..speaking in tongues church in Hillsborough, Durham, mebane??? thank you..
You may like Abundant Life Church in Hillsborough.

Old 04-19-2013, 09:18 AM

2 posts, read 3,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hurricanedavid View Post
Thanks @vjh6993. I think I had listened to their sermons and ruled them out because of that. But I'll bet that info will help some folks.

-----

The wife and I have settled on Destiny Life Church in Holly Springs.
[URL="http://www.live4destiny.com"]Destiny Life Church[/URL]

I'm very analytical (you can probably tell by my previous posts in this thread), and my brain with its set of criteria was not drawn to this church. There are better preachers out there. Crosspointe has two great ones, but Crosspointe currently lacks a personal, friendly feel (very hard to achieve in large churches, I'm afraid), the lack of which repelled my wife. They are also perhaps not quite as spirit-filled as I would like.

But moreso, it just seemed that God was drawing me to Destiny, though my analytical brain wanted perhaps something else. On paper, it wasn't quite what I was hoping for. However, I have always left it up to God in the end.

Destiny:[LIST][*]Small church - about 35 adults maybe[*]Currently meets in a middle school[*]People are extremely warm and friendly. My wife usually finds women catty and mean, but she says there are plenty of good women here.[*]Pastor is genuine, and filled with passion and vision.[*]I enjoy the worship. Mostly contemporary worship songs. Very few hymns (though I do love them). It's not necessarily the songs that I enjoy, but the joyful, exciting, yet reverent attitude and heart of worship.[*]In the several weeks I've been involved, I trust the pastor's heart and intentions.[*]Pastor has a few years of Senior Pastor experience, with more in executive pastor (I think) and youth pastor experience.[*]It is affiliated with the Assemblies of God, but I haven't seen any manifestations of the Holy Spirit (i.e. tongues, prophecies, healing, etc.) yet.[*]The pastor leads the worship (and has a nice voice, which is a plus). There are one or two assist singers. Keyboards, two guitars, and drums. I think there's one more, but can't remember.[*]Pastor's wife is kind, warm, welcoming, and passionate for the church's/God's vision.[/LIST]

Hello - Noticed your message. If you are looking for a church that is spirit filled and believes and operates in the manifestations of the Holy Spirit (tongues, prophecy, healing, etc..) than try visiting Raliegh First Assembly [url=http://www.raleighfirst.org/]Spirit filled church from Raleigh, NC | Raleigh First Assembly[/url] . I believe you'll find exactly what you are looking for there, and your search will finally be over. I pray this helps!

Blessings,
Pastor Mike

Old 04-19-2013, 09:27 AM

2 posts, read 3,787 times
Come visit us at Raliegh First Assembly ([URL="http://www.raleighfirst.org"]www.raleighfirst.org[/URL]). We are definitely a spirit filled church. We believe in and operate in the full manifestation of the Holy Spirit (tounges, prophecy, healing and deliverance), it doesn't get any better than that, lol! Come on out and experience the difference...you'll be glad you did!

Many blessings,
Pastor Mike

Old 08-31-2014, 10:28 PM

2 posts, read 2,439 times
I have been in Raleigh since 2001 (moved here from Queens, NY). My personal experience, since living in Raleigh in comparison to what I was used to in NY - is most of the churches I have visited are very lukewarm. Also ppl in New York are much more diligent about fasting/praying/and studying the word for themselves. I have attended most of the churches listed above and still have not found a church that I can call my "home" church. It's like the ppl are content with just getting milk.

I don't know if it's a southern thing, but the ppl are just way more relaxed when it comes to seeking God.

Just my .02 and "my personal experience"! If anyone finds a strong, bible believing church in Raleigh, please let me know!

Old 08-31-2014, 11:04 PM

835 posts, read 2,876,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SummersSmith View Post
I have been in Raleigh since 2001 (moved here from Queens, NY). My personal experience, since living in Raleigh in comparison to what I was used to in NY - is most of the churches I have visited are very lukewarm. Also ppl in New York are much more diligent about fasting/praying/and studying the word for themselves. I have attended most of the churches listed above and still have not found a church that I can call my "home" church. It's like the ppl are content with just getting milk.

I don't know if it's a southern thing, but the ppl are just way more relaxed when it comes to seeking God.

Just my .02 and "my personal experience"! If anyone finds a strong, bible believing church in Raleigh, please let me know!
I haven't read the recent posts here so don't know if Crossroads Fellowship on Millbrook was mentioned, but I really like this church.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary