Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2007, 08:39 PM

23 posts, read 129,793 times

Advertisements

I am thinking of buying in Toll brothers olde carpenter development.
I thought Toll gives enough options covered in the price but it sounds like I need to shell out about 60-70K to come to a livable condition. Irrigation system is not standard.
Can anyone help me to decide in 450-520K range new construction house including the options in or around Cary ?

Thank you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2007, 09:16 PM

91 posts, read 309,145 times
The neighborhoods are so varied when it comes to options, it depends on what is important to you, our current listings show at least 59 homes in your price range, however without knowng what options are a must, it would be hard to say.

Old 09-10-2007, 09:20 PM

12,475 posts, read 32,249,243 times
So many house, so many Realtors...pick one!

Thats the best advice I can give to you...get an Agent that works for you.

Vicki

Old 09-10-2007, 10:42 PM

85 posts, read 255,100 times
I looked at Brier Creek as well as Olde Carpenter, some of the deals they had seemed like a great value, lots of upgrades being thrown in at no charge they have some beautiful homes for sure.

I walked out of one of the quick delivery homes that was jam packed with wow factor at OC. I was impressed for sure! As we walked out a low flying commercial airliner flew right over head and I could not even hear what the agent was saying.

It seemed foolish to me to build such beautiful homes right next to an airport especially one located in one of the fastest growing regions in the country. What will happen in 5 years from now? How many more planes will be flying into RDU?

Imagine spending 500k plus to be shaken out of bed by a 747! It seems funny that in any other part of the country it is clearly a negative to be near a major airport, but in North Raleigh Toll Brothers attempts to market it as a convenience

Old 09-10-2007, 10:45 PM

85 posts, read 255,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VickiR View Post

Vicki
VickiR,

You are turning up every where, I am getting quite the education from you. The numbers you left on the "glut" thread was very useful.

Thank you.

Old 09-11-2007, 04:48 AM

2,835 posts, read 7,343,809 times
One important thing to do is get a copy of the Home Owners Assocation (HOA) and read and understand them. This seems to be the biggest challenge people face after them move in. Some are very restrictive. It is my understanding that Cary has some of the toughest in the area. Also, research Toll Brothers, lots of data on line about them and as most large builders they are sitting on a lot of homes and are dealing so be aggressive in your offer on the one you like. They may just meet that price. Good luck

Old 09-11-2007, 05:19 AM

38 posts, read 167,299 times
Experience One homes include the upgrades, for the most part, in the asking price. Lots of things that would be considered upgrades with other builders are standard with this builder. They are developing Kitts Creek currently and have some nice incentives going right now on their inventory homes.

Old 09-11-2007, 06:05 AM

Thanks NY,NY - i know what you are saying but most of the new developments in cary has the same aiport noice problems, for example,magnolia, caramore and other high price homes.
Would that be a concern for a resale?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ny,ny View Post
I looked at Brier Creek as well as Olde Carpenter, some of the deals they had seemed like a great value, lots of upgrades being thrown in at no charge they have some beautiful homes for sure.

I walked out of one of the quick delivery homes that was jam packed with wow factor at OC. I was impressed for sure! As we walked out a low flying commercial airliner flew right over head and I could not even hear what the agent was saying.

It seemed foolish to me to build such beautiful homes right next to an airport especially one located in one of the fastest growing regions in the country. What will happen in 5 years from now? How many more planes will be flying into RDU?

Imagine spending 500k plus to be shaken out of bed by a 747! It seems funny that in any other part of the country it is clearly a negative to be near a major airport, but in North Raleigh Toll Brothers attempts to market it as a convenience

Old 09-11-2007, 06:09 AM

I have an agent but he shows me all the places but I amnot sure if the agent s able to negotiate something on the pricing. Do they?
How would I know if the builder can really throw some incentives if they are not advertising? I asked the builder for the upgraded landscape which would cost $ 2900 and they are ready to give me. Now as they agreed, I feel awkward to ask one more timeto throw some more upgrades for free.
You know what I mean? - Thanks for the replies. I appreciated it very much.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ny,ny View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by VickiR View Post

Vicki

Old 09-11-2007, 09:03 AM

9,680 posts, read 27,167,824 times
Toll Brothers has had a very bad year according to Yahoo finance.

Perhaps they will work with a buyer's agent like Vicki.

No harm trying.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary