Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-05-2012, 07:06 AM

4,598 posts, read 10,156,454 times

Advertisements

What's your vote? We usually go to Rancho Grande but since we've moved they're kind of a trek. We ended up going last night since I had a hankering for their lengua tacos. They've got good tamales there too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2012, 07:30 AM

1,335 posts, read 3,150,198 times
I used to like Poncho Villas. They have dollar tacos on Tues/Thurs.

But recently I discovered Toscero's (I think I spelled it right), and it's my new favorite. They have a condiment/salsa bar so you can fix 'em like you want 'em, and they also have a full menu, which I've never tried. In addition to great salsa's, and all the cilantro and lime wedges you want, they also have some really good cabbage slaws, and other "salad" type things on the bar.

I've not tried Rancho Grande, but maybe need to. All three of these places are right around the corner from one another.

(Barely worthy of being in the same discussion, but I've found that Los Tres in Cary has an awesome beer special. $1.50 drafts on Tues, Sat, Sun. Pretty good selection of drafts too. Yes, their idea of "Mexican food" is offensive, but the beer is good. I wonder if they'd let me bring my own salsa in, so they could just serve me warm chips and cold beers....?)

Old 04-05-2012, 07:35 AM

4,598 posts, read 10,156,454 times
Rancho Grande also has a great condiment bar. I actually get bummed if I go into a place and they don't have that cabbage slaw on their bar haha.

Seems like all the taquerias in the area are centered around "global village" as I like to call it. Maybe we'll give Toscero's a try next time.

Old 04-05-2012, 08:42 AM

4,304 posts, read 5,991,194 times
I assume you guys are actually talking about Tarascos...

I actually like Bravo's up at Harrison and Maynard for Tex-Mex. A bit pricier, but offers a complete menu and quite good.

Old 04-05-2012, 02:59 PM

200 posts, read 358,854 times
I second Bravo's! Fast, fresh food and the place is usually busy; a good sign at any restaurant!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary