Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2012, 08:46 AM

12,475 posts, read 32,230,653 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHTransplant View Post
But have you tried Blue Bell ice cream yet??
As a matter of fact, I have! I still prefer Bryers!!!

Vicki
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2012, 08:58 AM

1,039 posts, read 2,653,302 times
But at least you tried Vicki! That's what it's all about, trying new things. I'm as yankee as it gets but if I ever move from here I'm gonna need my fix of BBQ, sweet tea and pimento cheese!

As for Friendly's - it's like everything on here (and why we're never content with the offerings of where we move to). If I didn't grow up in Massachusetts, I probably would never give Friendly's a second thought. But for me it's more than just the food and the sundae after your meal - it's about time spent with my family, parents, grandparents, etc. Some people who have left us and we still have those memories. Whenever I visit MA, I still bring my son to Friendly's.

Edited to add...if we stop focusing on what we don't have and start focusing on what we do have we'll be happier. Took me about a year after moving here but I have learned to embrace my new surroundings!

Old 07-19-2012, 09:31 AM

448 posts, read 851,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VickiR View Post
Don't get too excited.

After so many people posted how wonderful Tasty Kakes were, I was so excited to find them. I've tried a few varities and I am not impressed. Taste just like Hostess cakes to me!

Then there was the tri tip roast thread. Found it, tried it, meh!

Stopped at Friendlys while driving on a trip, just because so many thought so much of it.

So...tuna in a can won't have me rushing out to find it!!!

Vicki
Oooh, I used to love Friendly's Ice cream. They did not have it in AZ. I used to love their butter crunch or whatever it is called. I did not know that they had it here. Might have to try it again and see if my memory serves me well.

Take that back, went on their site and it states that the nearest Friendly's is over an hour away LOL. Good but not good enough to travel that far

Old 07-19-2012, 09:38 AM

9,196 posts, read 24,927,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by azteacher721 View Post
Take that back, went on their site and it states that the nearest Friendly's is over an hour away LOL. Good but not good enough to travel that far.
Exit 22 off I-95. Or so I hear.

Old 07-19-2012, 10:14 AM

448 posts, read 851,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHTransplant View Post
Exit 22 off I-95. Or so I hear.
He, he, if I only knew where I- 95 was

Old 07-19-2012, 11:56 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,231,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HS_DUDE View Post
But at least you tried Vicki! That's what it's all about, trying new things. I'm as yankee as it gets but if I ever move from here I'm gonna need my fix of BBQ, sweet tea and pimento cheese!

As for Friendly's - it's like everything on here (and why we're never content with the offerings of where we move to). If I didn't grow up in Massachusetts, I probably would never give Friendly's a second thought. But for me it's more than just the food and the sundae after your meal - it's about time spent with my family, parents, grandparents, etc. Some people who have left us and we still have those memories. Whenever I visit MA, I still bring my son to Friendly's.

Edited to add...if we stop focusing on what we don't have and start focusing on what we do have we'll be happier. Took me about a year after moving here but I have learned to embrace my new surroundings!
Absolutely. I honestly think this tuna obsession has more to do with the familiarity of brands you know from back home than it has to do with the ability to differentiate brands of canned tuna to the point that others are wildly inferior.

Old 07-19-2012, 02:08 PM

4,598 posts, read 10,150,333 times
According to Epicurious, Whole Foods has the best canned tuna of them all

Taste Test: Canned Tuna at Epicurious.com

Old 07-19-2012, 02:19 PM

19,429 posts, read 27,808,716 times
I'm new to the area, but I don't know HOW to explain that two of the busiest threads on this board are about dollar stare canned tuna and a new McDonald's.

Old 07-19-2012, 02:28 PM

892 posts, read 3,160,306 times
Good spot Jk although I think you now have to remove the gourmet from your username!

Old 07-19-2012, 02:28 PM

4,598 posts, read 10,150,333 times
Got to admit it's more interesting than thread #6594027883 on "Where should I live?"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary