Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2012, 08:06 AM

835 posts, read 2,876,785 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoBromhal View Post
there's a place at Alexander/Brier creek that charged me about $70 for an iPhone3G screen and did a good job. CPR?
Can you provide the name of the place? Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2012, 08:26 AM

4,303 posts, read 5,983,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by knagy389us View Post
I think the 3 glass gets changed from the front. The 4 has to be done from the back and basically taken totally apart.
Correct...the 3G/3GS just comes off from the front and is a fairly easy repair. The 4/4S requires disassembly from the back and is not for the faint of heart.

4/4S is also a considerably more expensive part since the LCD is fused to the front glass and thus both must be replaced together. On the 3G/3GS you can replace the front glass panel by itself if the LCD is undamaged.

Old 09-13-2012, 08:47 AM

25,118 posts, read 16,198,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strongasabear View Post
Can you provide the name of the place? Thanks.

Cell Phone Repair Raleigh NC I iPhone Repair - Blackberry Repair

Old 09-14-2012, 07:28 PM

1,611 posts, read 4,846,254 times
I used triangleiphonerepair dot com. The guys running it are engineers. The repair took under an hour and i have had no problems since I dropped the phone in the spring. I paid $75 and it was well worth it! Then I bought a big clunky otter box :-(

Old 09-16-2012, 01:32 AM

50 posts, read 63,601 times
Try
iPhoneIntact

here in Raleigh.

I used them and he did a great job.

Old 09-16-2012, 08:14 AM

9,144 posts, read 14,753,437 times
That picture on iphoneintact's page is pretty much what you have left when you change the screen on the iPhone 4 or 4s except they don't show the screws.

It will be interesting with the way the back and sides are one piece to see if the iPhone 5 is more like the 3 and 3GS where the screen came off first. Could make these types of repairs much easier for DIY.

Old 09-17-2012, 07:25 AM

211 posts, read 613,156 times
Earlier in the thread I suggested, as have others, that this would not be a job for the faint of heart. However, yesterday I replaced the home button on my iPhone4. It really was not as hard as I thought. I printed out the directions from iFixit and taped the screws (and smaller parts) directly to the directions and then worked backwards. Except for a kinked flex cable, that I had to backup a few steps to loosen, the process was fairly easy and took about an hour and a half.

The directions were clear and with the right tools, it was pretty simple. I actually thought it was less stressful than the 3g/gs because there is not really any adhesive that you have to pry on and worry about cracking something.

I really should have done it earlier.

Note that this was for a home button replacement, not a screen/digitizer, however, I had the screen/digitizer out of the phone, so I suspect it wouldn't be much more difficult (or more difficult at all).

Old 09-17-2012, 06:32 PM

9,144 posts, read 14,753,437 times
Was the cable you kinked the one coming from the screen assembly? I messe that one up too. Lots of people do. It's just too bad you don't really notice until about 5 steps in to the reassembly.

Old 09-18-2012, 08:48 AM

211 posts, read 613,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherifftruman View Post
Was the cable you kinked the one coming from the screen assembly? I messe that one up too. Lots of people do. It's just too bad you don't really notice until about 5 steps in to the reassembly.
Yup. The directions clearly stated that the two over the top of the logic board need to be the same length. They weren't.

Lesson learned and no damage.

Old 10-24-2012, 09:27 AM

342 posts, read 751,558 times
Completed the fix of my daughter's iPhone4 cracked screen with a guy on eB@y. $53 and my cost to ship with insurance, so right at $60. This guy was excellent. He rcvd it on Monday, fixed the glass, cleaned it, and shipped it out Tuesday mid-day. Works perfectly. And would NOT let my daughter have it back until she bought the Lifeproof case (the one that floats in a fishbowl She actually loves this case, which she got on Amaz0n for around 55 bux.

Highly recommend both of these!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary