Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2012, 01:13 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,264,326 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFspiderman View Post
Just got my mini...very nice device. The display is a bit of a disappointment if you're used to a Retina display from a recent iPhone or iPad, but that was the price of getting the mini as thin and light as it is.

Fits well in one hand (though I'm a fairly big guy) and much more portable than the full-size iPad.
Lack of retina display soured me on the mini.

I have an iPad (have used them since the first generation) and have used iPhones since they launched in 2007. I may get a mini one day if they bump the specs up. I don't mind the price. The devices are solid.

Old 11-02-2012, 02:07 PM

9,145 posts, read 14,768,819 times
I have an iPad 3 and my wife has a 2 and I feel like I'm looking through a screen when I ever pick hers up. I personally like the exterior design of the mini better than the regular iPad though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2012, 03:39 PM

1,733 posts, read 2,423,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evaofnc View Post
Personally I'd go with a Google Nexus 7 or Kindle Fire HD before I'd spend the markup for one of these.
Yuck. I had three Android phones and they were all junk. Android OS is not as stable as IOS. Android constantly force closes and apps run in the background killing the battery. Apple does not allow apps to run in the background for more than 15 minutes on their devices. It's things like this why I switched over to Apple last year. I think I would use Windows phone before Android.

Overall I love the feel of the iPad mini and I could see myself getting one. They didn't put the retina display in, because that will be a part of it's upgrade next year. The iPad is a great device, but it does require two hands which stinks sometimes. I plan on using an iPad for real estate work, and not sure if I would rather just use my ipad three, or get the mini with 4g. The larger screen would be nice for signing docs, but I like the portability of the mini. Decisions decisions....

Old 11-04-2012, 06:21 AM

1,188 posts, read 2,546,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bpobill View Post
Yuck. I had three Android phones and they were all junk. Android OS is not as stable as IOS. Android constantly force closes and apps run in the background killing the battery. Apple does not allow apps to run in the background for more than 15 minutes on their devices. It's things like this why I switched over to Apple last year. I think I would use Windows phone before Android.

Overall I love the feel of the iPad mini and I could see myself getting one. They didn't put the retina display in, because that will be a part of it's upgrade next year. The iPad is a great device, but it does require two hands which stinks sometimes. I plan on using an iPad for real estate work, and not sure if I would rather just use my ipad three, or get the mini with 4g. The larger screen would be nice for signing docs, but I like the portability of the mini. Decisions decisions....
The current state of android is much better than it was 1 or 2 years ago. The nexus 7 is as solid and stable of a device as you will find. On par with iPad. Any nexus device I've seen is extremely good.

I understand your frustration though. With so many different manufacturers using Android in so many different applications it's hard to figure out which ones are good and which are not. With apple, you know what you are getting.

Old 11-04-2012, 09:22 AM

2,464 posts, read 4,167,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bpobill View Post

The ONLY thing an iphone does better than my Android phone, is get lost in the crowd. Period. Apple has made a fortune selling an inferior product, at higher prices.

Old 11-04-2012, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBigKahunaNC View Post
The ONLY thing an iphone does better than my Android phone, is get lost in the crowd. Period. Apple has made a fortune selling an inferior product, at higher prices.
What crowd???

Old 11-04-2012, 06:29 PM

2,464 posts, read 4,167,158 times
^ The "I have to have the newest Apple product, at any cost" crowd. The average iphone user is completely oblivious to 90% of the phones features and abilities. And mant assume you need an iphone to send texts, etc. I've seen a lot of on the street interviews with these people, and it's hilarious. There's also a a lot of "everybody else has one, I need one too" types out there. I know maybe two people who went Android to Apple and were happy. But I know plenty who went from Apple to Android and couldn't be happier about that move.

Old 11-04-2012, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBigKahunaNC View Post
^ The "I have to have the newest Apple product, at any cost" crowd. The average iphone user is completely oblivious to 90% of the phones features and abilities. And mant assume you need an iphone to send texts, etc. I've seen a lot of on the street interviews with these people, and it's hilarious. There's also a a lot of "everybody else has one, I need one too" types out there. I know maybe two people who went Android to Apple and were happy. But I know plenty who went from Apple to Android and couldn't be happier about that move.
I know plenty of technologically-impaired types who own Android devices. I don't think this sort of behavior is unique to Apple.

Old 11-04-2012, 06:34 PM

12,799 posts, read 16,341,675 times
And I know plenty of people who went to Android from Apple and couldn't get back to an iPhone fast enough.

I don't think this thread was started to debate Android and iPhone. Zitsky just wanted to know if the Apple stores around here had them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary