Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2012, 02:16 PM

1,309 posts, read 2,938,350 times

Advertisements

Nope, don't miss it and have no interest in going back.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2012, 10:03 AM

2,267 posts, read 1,944,308 times
I spent 4 months living in Chicago over the winter of 2009. It was the toughest 4 months of my life! I don't know how people do that repeatedly. We had one weekend where the high was -3 degrees. The high. I kept hearing that the summers made it worth it...but man that winter was horrible.

I was longing for NC the entire time so I can relate though. Do what your heart tells you.

Old 11-05-2012, 10:11 AM

4,598 posts, read 10,150,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncmickey View Post
I miss NJ still, 20 years later, but I love Durham. I just get back to NJ a few times a year and am ALWAYS grateful to get back to my home in Durham. I get my NJ itch scratched and i come back with a trunk filled with Jersey bread, taylor ham, maybe even a pizza! lol
But if you don't like it here....the interstate runs 2 directions..... I wouldn't be asking a bunch of people I don't know...I would search my heart and decide...then start packing if the 'answer' was Chicago.
Nothing to feel bad about. If you dont like the 'country', head back to the City
This sums up how I feel. There are a lot of things I miss about NJ but after being here for so long it's more of a nostalgic feeling rather than that urging feeling of "omg I must move back!!" I used to go back to NY/NJ at least once a year to get my urban fix. But I just realized this weekend when my husband and I were talking about making a trip up to LI to visit some of my family that it's been seven years since I've been back That is way overdo for my Yankee fix haha.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary