Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-12-2012, 09:09 AM

122 posts, read 266,158 times

Advertisements

We may need to live in a furnished place a while (3 mo to 6 mo) prior to moving in a home. Looking for the best quality, low crime places to stay that are furnished and in the areas stated in the title of this post. We have a small dog so it will have to be pet friendly. Preference would be single home first, townhouse second, and apartment or condo third. Private small yard would be a plus for taking out the dog. Thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2012, 09:37 AM

36,499 posts, read 54,100,559 times
I own rental property in Chapel Hill.I have to say it will be hard to find what you are looking for here as most property owners go on 9 month lease around the school year. There are however some furnished townhomes in the area which rent by the week for visitors. They are not cheap. We stayed in one several years ago.
I suggest you call a real estate professional. You might have better luck in Durham.

Old 11-12-2012, 10:26 AM

19,442 posts, read 27,850,175 times
You are asking for a lot, I fear. Best bet would be google the name of the city, then "executive housing."

Also try these:

Corporate Housing, Temporary Apartments, Government Lodging, Serviced Apartments and Extended Stay Housing | Oakwood
VRBO® is Vacation Rentals By Owner (and negotiate a discount for the unusually long term for a vacation rental)
CHBO, Corporate Housing by Owner: view Corporate Housing Rentals or Post Corporate Apartments, Houses, Condos, etc.

Expect to pay way more than you think you should be paying. Also recognize that the most likely option will be a furnished condo or executive apartment arrangement.

good luck.

Old 11-12-2012, 02:44 PM

12,799 posts, read 16,344,694 times
Check out:

https://plus.google.com/112160544835...ut?gl=us&hl=enHow Suite It Is
and
https://plus.google.com/106397820688...ut?gl=us&hl=enChapel Hill Inn Town

I don't have personal experience with either, but they are both short term rentals.

I know there is also a home in Southern Village that is rented out short term. I can't remember who told me about it, but I know it somebody who had family come to stay for an extended period over the holidays or summer. I don't know how you would find out, but maybe get in touch with the Southern Village management.

Old 11-12-2012, 03:30 PM

39 posts, read 67,633 times
Default Unfurnished House for Rent through 5/1/13

Billman, I can't help you out regarding a furnished place but my husband & I recently broke our lease on our rental due to buying a house. We’re trying to sublet our single family home rental right outside of Chapel Hill in Fearrington Village. Our lease ends on May 1st and rent is $1150/month. It’s not furnished but as others have stated, since that will definitely cost you and very much limit your choices, perhaps you could consider an unfurnished unit and rent some furniture? It’s a really nice home, very low crime area, and is on a ½ acre wooded lot. Also tons of walking trails for your dog. If you're interested and looking to rent now (or preferably yesterday, as we're paying rent & mortgage simultaneously ), I'd be happy to share more info. Good luck!

Old 11-13-2012, 02:10 PM

169 posts, read 574,903 times
Try posting an ad on craigslist in the "housing wanted" section. When I was trying to rent out my furnished house in Chapel Hill for a few months, I found tenants this way. They were in a similar situation as yourself - their home wasn't quite ready and they had a dog. They signed a lease and I collected the rent and a deposit before they moved in. It worked out great for both parties.

Old 11-13-2012, 02:16 PM

19,442 posts, read 27,850,175 times
Try this site, too:

SabbaticalHomes - Home Exchange, House for Rent, Home Rentals, House Swap

Old 11-13-2012, 09:01 PM

122 posts, read 266,158 times
Thanks all for the great suggestions. Will soon start to hunt....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary