Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2013, 12:54 PM

1,036 posts, read 1,953,566 times

Advertisements

Dunno how authentic it is, but the Oxford has a big Union Jack on one wall, and although it's been quite a while since we went, I remember the food as being pretty good.

The Oxford: MEET.EAT.DRINK.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2013, 07:43 PM

363 posts, read 1,212,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rdanville View Post
British food restaurants? Why? Where are you coming from? One discovery I have made is that Walmart in Wake Forest does sell PG Tips.
ROFL

I do recall cracking up to myself when I was in the "foreign food" section of the new Whole Foods on Six Forks and they had Choccy Hob Nobs

Old 01-07-2013, 02:13 PM

86 posts, read 90,794 times
If you're looking for snacks, candies, and various other treats, Southern Season in Chapel Hill has quite a few imported British and European foods. They carry tons of Bahlsen products. Oddly enough, you can actually find jaffa cakes in some Food Lions.

Old 01-12-2013, 07:06 AM

128 posts, read 290,376 times
Default Where to find Brit food etc in the triangle?

I have several recipes that call for British or Irish meats (sausages and bacon). I know I can sub in Italian sausage and regular bacon, but I would like to try the original version if possible.

So, are there any places in the area that sell British meats etc? And are there places that would carry a wide selection of British candy and other foodstuffs? I know there's a bit at Harris teeter, but I'm wondering if there are any local specialty stores?

Many thanks!

Old 01-12-2013, 08:59 AM

413 posts, read 878,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elizabeth_John View Post
I have several recipes that call for British or Irish meats (sausages and bacon). I know I can sub in Italian sausage and regular bacon, but I would like to try the original version if possible.

So, are there any places in the area that sell British meats etc? And are there places that would carry a wide selection of British candy and other foodstuffs? I know there's a bit at Harris teeter, but I'm wondering if there are any local specialty stores?

Many thanks!
Southern Season has frozen sausages near the deli.

Old 01-18-2013, 09:54 AM

13 posts, read 36,425 times
I will be prob going Feb 10th afternoon and on the 11th I'm going to have 5 hours to do what I want before my friend is done with his tests and I'm just wanting to do or get what I can't get at home lol and frozen foods never really had any before. The reason why I wanted British food and drinks or anything like that is cause I have always wanted to go there and love the food and drinks I've got imported from there before.

Also where could I find Jaffa cakes
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary