Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2013, 01:49 PM

426 posts, read 1,490,341 times

Advertisements

Can anyone provide me with links/info regarding the property tax rate increase for Wake Cty as well as the cities/towns? Ive done a search but Im coming up empty handed. TIA.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2013, 02:56 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,264,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MammaLakn View Post
Can anyone provide me with links/info regarding the property tax rate increase for Wake Cty as well as the cities/towns? Ive done a search but Im coming up empty handed. TIA.
There's a rate increase before 2016???

Old 02-15-2013, 02:58 PM

43,299 posts, read 77,129,965 times
The tax rates will be determined in June, and will be on the bills that come out in August.

Rates are more variable annually than tax valuations, which will be up for reassessment in 2016.

Old 02-15-2013, 02:59 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,264,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post
The tax rates will be determined in June, and will be on the bills that come out in August.

Rates are more variable annually than tax valuations, which will be up for reassessment in 2016.
Duh. It's been a long day. LOL.

Thank you, Mike.

Old 02-15-2013, 05:41 PM

426 posts, read 1,490,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post

Thank you. We received a notice today that our monthly escrow amnt is being raised with nearly 20% effective next month. Its just for taxes, we pay our homeowners insurance once a year by ourselves. No idea where they came up with that raise then?! The escrow acct already has a 2 month buffer.

Old 02-15-2013, 06:21 PM

43,299 posts, read 77,129,965 times
Quote:
Thank you. We received a notice today that our monthly escrow amnt is being raised with nearly 20% effective next month. Its just for taxes, we pay our homeowners insurance once a year by ourselves. No idea where they came up with that raise then?! The escrow acct already has a 2 month buffer.
Seems like a reasonable question to ask your loan servicer.
Will a 2 month buffer and your current escrow amount provide enough to pay your bill in 7 months?

Old 02-15-2013, 06:40 PM

7,149 posts, read 4,742,203 times
I noticed a higher property tax listed on my last mortgage statement, so I called Wake County. The person I spoke to said, yes, rates did go up in the city of Raleigh.

Old was: .3735 per 1,000
New is: .3826 per 1,000

I was told that city budget planning raised the rate.
Plus, there will be the normal reassessment in 2016.

I'm not sure at this point when it became effective, but rates did go up in Raleigh and you are being taxed at a slightly higher rate.

wakego.com/tax
is the website she gave me.

best,
toodie

Old 02-15-2013, 06:46 PM

7,149 posts, read 4,742,203 times
Quote:

Mine tried to do that to me once, and I called and spoke to them about it. They actually said part of the increase was "in case anything changes, like your property tax or HO insurance.

I told them it wasn't going to change (this was last year), and that I had called my HO ins. guy and he said rates were not going up, and they immediately lowered my mortgage payment.

They would have had an excess at the end of the year. They probably collected extra $ from I'm sure hundreds of people who never complained about it.

Banks using $ for themselves for months, taking advantage of their customers. Nothing new. Gotta watch everything closely nowadays.

best,
toodie

Old 02-15-2013, 07:19 PM

6,957 posts, read 12,063,850 times
RESPA says banks can keep 6 % of the total that is paid from your escrow account as a cushion. That may boost your mortgage payment so your bank gets its cushion. It doesn't help to complain. I tried and they showed me the laws.

Old 02-15-2013, 07:35 PM

9,779 posts, read 15,793,171 times
Quote:
We received notice today from our lender, too, but the increase was only $36 for the year. We're in Orange County.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary