Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2013, 06:08 AM

7 posts, read 18,375 times

Advertisements

Thank you so very much for all the feedback. My girls are rising 7th and 9th. I've kept my search in the Mills Park Middle for houses and believe me there is not many to choose from. How do I find out where my girls will go to school if there is a reassignment. That would be such a shame if all this time I'm limiting my search for these specific schools and dont even get into them. I appreciate any remarks. Its a bit confusing if you ask me!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2013, 06:23 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,280,152 times
There are plenty of good middle schools in Cary. What is it that's drawn you to Mills Park specifically?

Old 04-10-2013, 08:54 AM

7 posts, read 18,375 times
We toured many of the schools in Cary due to high ratings. Initially we were looking in the Davis Middle district and when we toured the school they told us there was not chorus or drama. My rising 7th grader is extremely smart; but extremely interested in the arts. I was so disappointed upon hearing that that we continued touring and when we went to Mills Park my daughter fell in love with the place. Great academics and also a big music and drama dept. Does anyone know, if we cant find a house here, other schools in Cary that would be a good fit? Thanks

Old 04-10-2013, 12:36 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,280,152 times
West Cary Middle has band, orchestra, chorus, AND drama.

Old 04-11-2013, 11:30 AM

8 posts, read 19,301 times
It looks like Mills Park Elementary school is capped for 2013-14. Does anyone know if the middle school is reaching capacity or not? We are looking into relocating to NW Cary over the summer and would like to enroll my up rising 7th grader in the middle school. Also we are probably going to enrolle my up rising 2nd grader to private school so that the kids will be on the same calendar.

Old 04-11-2013, 11:58 AM

242 posts, read 594,504 times
East Cary MS is Mills Park MS's YR option.

Old 04-11-2013, 01:54 PM

1,054 posts, read 1,986,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtkmomnj11 View Post
It looks like Mills Park Elementary school is capped for 2013-14. Does anyone know if the middle school is reaching capacity or not? We are looking into relocating to NW Cary over the summer and would like to enroll my up rising 7th grader in the middle school. Also we are probably going to enrolle my up rising 2nd grader to private school so that the kids will be on the same calendar.
Mills Park Middle School is not capped. Also, a lot of families have children at Mills Park MS on a traditional calendar and then younger siblings at either Highcroft ES or Alston Ridge ES on Track 4. There is actually a decent amount of overlap in the vacation schedules between the two schedules. You may want to consider it if schedule is the main reason you're considering private school for your younger child.

Here is a link to the various school calendars if you haven't seen them yet: WCPSS: Calendars and Schedules

Old 09-11-2013, 07:32 PM

2 posts, read 2,345 times
I have been reading the posts on the overcrowding of schools in west cary area. I have seen it first hand. Can anyone tell me how a town like cary allows so much knew construction of houses, town houses and apartment complexes without seemingly having a plan to handle the influx of residents in terms of schools. is it a disconnect between the county school system and the local town?? lack of coordination or cooperation??

Old 09-11-2013, 07:55 PM

43,317 posts, read 77,165,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jp273 View Post
I have been reading the posts on the overcrowding of schools in west cary area. I have seen it first hand. Can anyone tell me how a town like cary allows so much knew construction of houses, town houses and apartment complexes without seemingly having a plan to handle the influx of residents in terms of schools. is it a disconnect between the county school system and the local town?? lack of coordination or cooperation??
Lack of coordination and cooperation. But, the State and County keep their kingdom sacred.

The Town was aggressive in the past, and got their hands slapped by the state.

Old 09-12-2013, 02:43 PM

120 posts, read 206,415 times
What is the situation in Apex? Is it as crazy as West Cary? Also, are the plans for the middle school and high school for Bella Casa area solid?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary