Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-05-2007, 10:04 AM

1,495 posts, read 3,719,746 times

Advertisements

Hubby and I will be having our first Thanksgiving here (minus family) and wandering if anyone has any great recommendations for a dinner/brunch out that day?
(oh, feel free to invite us over...smile)
Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2007, 10:53 AM

1,040 posts, read 3,601,450 times
Lightbulb Citysearch

I just did a quick search... Check this out maybe?

Thanksgiving Planner on Triangle Citysearch (http://triangle.citysearch.com/roundup/38070/ - broken link)

Old 11-05-2007, 11:05 AM

1,495 posts, read 3,719,746 times
thanks so much
heard about the Fearington Restaurant in Chapel Hill - anyone else have an experience to share?

Old 11-05-2007, 11:23 AM

1,036 posts, read 3,192,551 times
I've heard Fearrington is nice, but some people think it's overpriced for the quality (check out Fearrington on Chowhound's South board). Not sure where you are, but Carolina Crossroads at the Carolina Inn is open for Thanksgiving; Acme in Carrboro is open; Four Square in Durham is open. Acme will be a little more casual than the other two if that matters...
all restaurants have web sites, but as far as I can tell, none have their Thanksgiving menu posted.

Old 11-05-2007, 02:00 PM

12 posts, read 129,716 times
We went to Irregardless Cafe in Raleigh last year and had a fabulous meal and a great time. The meal was awesome. No clean up, no leftovers! The price was very reasonable as well. I felt a little funny about going out for dinner on Thanksgiving only because I think that everyone should have Thanksgiving and Christmas Day off from work, but the staff seemed truly happy to be there working. Highly recommended.

Old 11-05-2007, 02:04 PM

600 posts, read 3,448,071 times
Try the Angus Barn. Beautiful layout with carving stations, and excellent service. The food is delicious.

Streamer1212

Old 11-06-2007, 11:59 AM

1,219 posts, read 3,292,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SALUKI_LOVER View Post
Hubby and I will be having our first Thanksgiving here (minus family) and wandering if anyone has any great recommendations for a dinner/brunch out that day?
(oh, feel free to invite us over...smile)
Thanks
I don't know if you're willing to travel to Durham, but we've been going to Bel Gusto, the restaurant inside the Millenium Hotel (off 15/501) for the last several years. They have an amazing and delicious Thanksgiving Day buffet that is much more reasonably priced than any other location in the Triangle. They only serve from noon-2....

Old 11-06-2007, 02:23 PM

13 posts, read 63,897 times
ooh, if we didn't want to cook, we'd definitely check out fearrington or irregardless. haven't visited the former but love the latter.

Old 11-06-2007, 04:06 PM

2,187 posts, read 8,004,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SALUKI_LOVER View Post
thanks so much
heard about the Fearington Restaurant in Chapel Hill - anyone else have an experience to share?
Donna we are most likely getting ready to make our reservations there. Last year I cooked for the 5 of us and had so much food it was ridiculous. Back in CA I used to cook for 30-40 family members and friends. I don't think I know how to cook for 5 So we decided we would try eating out this year. I have heard great things about the Fearrington house. If you go to their web site you can choose between the 2 different resturants (each serves different stuff) and make your reservation right on line.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary