Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2013, 10:44 AM

12,475 posts, read 32,249,243 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Straitlover View Post
Smithfields????? Ugh! It doesn't even have any bananas in it, only banana flavored pudding.

I like whipped cream, not meringue on mine, and cold, not hot.
I'll agree that Smithfield's is just instant nanna pudding...not nanners! Not worthwhile!

However, I have NEVER had whipped cream on any nanna pudding! I don't like meringue so I usually crumble wafers on top...looks pretty and tastes yummy!

Vicki
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2013, 11:34 AM

8,583 posts, read 16,014,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mfrank2109 View Post
Make it yourself. Jello instant vanilla pudding, real whipping cream, a can of eagle brand condensed milk, bananas, and vanilla wafers. Takes 10 minutes.
Sorry, but that is to real homemade banana pudding what
Kraft boxed macaroni & cheese is to real homemade macaroni & cheese.

Old 07-14-2013, 03:22 PM

2,464 posts, read 4,167,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kelly237 View Post
Sorry, but that is to real homemade banana pudding what
Kraft boxed macaroni & cheese is to real homemade macaroni & cheese.

Decent in a pinch, but not what you'd serve on Sunday when family and friends are over for dinner!

Old 07-15-2013, 09:13 AM

150 posts, read 175,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Straitlover View Post
Smithfields????? Ugh! It doesn't even have any bananas in it, only banana flavored pudding.

I like whipped cream, not meringue on mine, and cold, not hot.
You don't know what you are missing!!!

First of all, shortly after the banana pudding comes out of the oven (with that brown "tan" on the meringue), after a short cooling off period, you scoop some out...nothing like a warm banana pudding

Then refrigerate the leftovers (if any). Cold banana pudding is great too, especially after working in the yard! Though I've been known to touch it up with 20 seconds in the microwave, to get it back to the warm state...

Old 07-15-2013, 12:21 PM

4,598 posts, read 10,156,454 times
I'm curious if the OP has tried any of these.

Old 07-15-2013, 01:25 PM

545 posts, read 1,605,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RFMan View Post
You don't know what you are missing!!!

First of all, shortly after the banana pudding comes out of the oven (with that brown "tan" on the meringue), after a short cooling off period, you scoop some out...nothing like a warm banana pudding

Then refrigerate the leftovers (if any). Cold banana pudding is great too, especially after working in the yard! Though I've been known to touch it up with 20 seconds in the microwave, to get it back to the warm state...

Yes, I do know! I don't like it hot. I will eat it once it's cold, but I scrape the meringue off. The only time I like meringe is on chocolate pie (but I like whipped cream better!), baked alaska, and those Miss Meringue cookies.

Old 07-16-2013, 08:09 AM

7,104 posts, read 11,603,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evaofnc View Post
I'm curious if the OP has tried any of these.
I haven't yet - it's been an insanely busy couple of weeks workwise. But eventually I will try ALL. I need to join a gym.

Old 07-16-2013, 01:28 PM

1,733 posts, read 2,423,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mfrank2109 View Post
Make it yourself. Jello instant vanilla pudding, real whipping cream, a can of eagle brand condensed milk, bananas, and vanilla wafers. Takes 10 minutes.
Jello vanilla pudding ingredients.

Ingredients: Sugar, Dextrose (from Corn), Modified Food Starch, Contains Less than 2% of Natural and Artificial Flavor, Salt, Disodium Phosphate and Tetrasodium Pyrophosphate (for Thickening), Mono- and Diglycerides (Prevent Foaming), Yellow 5, Yellow 6, Artificial Color, BHA (Preservative).

Mmmmmmm, when I think of banana pudding I think of artificial dye, artificial flavor, ingredients to prevent foaming, and BHA. YUCK.

Homemade banana pudding is easy to make. Relish makes a good one if i'm out to eat, otherwise I make it from scratch at home. Eggs, sugar, flour, milk, real vanilla, bananas, wafers. In a pinch I would consider using an organic pudding mix like Dr Oetker which is sold at Whole Foods. Say no to JELLO

Old 07-16-2013, 03:38 PM

150 posts, read 175,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bpobill View Post
Jello vanilla pudding ingredients.

Ingredients: Sugar, Dextrose (from Corn), Modified Food Starch, Contains Less than 2% of Natural and Artificial Flavor, Salt, Disodium Phosphate and Tetrasodium Pyrophosphate (for Thickening), Mono- and Diglycerides (Prevent Foaming), Yellow 5, Yellow 6, Artificial Color, BHA (Preservative).

Mmmmmmm, when I think of banana pudding I think of artificial dye, artificial flavor, ingredients to prevent foaming, and BHA. YUCK.

Homemade banana pudding is easy to make. Relish makes a good one if i'm out to eat, otherwise I make it from scratch at home. Eggs, sugar, flour, milk, real vanilla, bananas, wafers. In a pinch I would consider using an organic pudding mix like Dr Oetker which is sold at Whole Foods. Say no to JELLO
True, all of that. BP with Jello in it is just...well, yuck. I'm genetically unable to make it that way. My mama would come git me if she knew I did that

Old 07-16-2013, 04:36 PM

766 posts, read 1,658,664 times
I was sooo disappointed. I went to Backyard BBQ last Saturday specifically for banana pudding. I didn't see any out so I asked and the guy went to the back and got to containers and threw them in the bag. Well I get home and touch the container and it felt almost frozen and it was a weird brown color. It wasn't even edible.

I only tried there banana pudding a couple of times and it was always good. When I do get to go it's never out so I forgot to ask if they have any in the back.

I guess if I ever get it again I will make sure to ask if it's fresh.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary